SO; it's my brother's birthday in a bit, and (strangely enough) he asked me for some advice on getting some new headphones. Unfortunately for him, I only care/know anything about headphones for the stuff that I listen to, and as he listens to completely different styles of music to me, I'm stumped . So I turn to you guys.
Some information on the kind of stuff that he likes, and a price range.
- He will be listening to them on a coach, surrounded by tonnes of loud, inconsiderate people who don't give a damn if he is listening to music or not. Therefore:
1. They MUST be closed
2. The more portable the better, however that doesn't mean compromising sound for portability, it just means that they need to be portable in some way (e.g. folding or a case)
- At the moment, he is using some IEM's that come with a Samsung Galaxy S2, so he probably won't notice tiny details in the music from his 1st step-up into the world of headphones; so nothing spectacular
- He 'claims' to be listening to rap and hip-hop; however, I know that he really likes maroon 5 and eminem. He also listens to stuff like Fall out boy, and soft rock as well.
- At the moment, I have done a bit of research and have come up with the following names:
- HDJ-2000 (I have seen people saying that these are a LOT cheaper than I can find, so if anyone knows anywhere where I can get these cheap, they will definitely be an option. however, they seem too expensive for them to be an option at the moment)
- M-Audio Studiophile Q40
(I know thet none of the above are IEM's, but this is a repost)
- I would set a price range of up to £70
Any sensible comments will be appreciated
Thanks in advance