Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Help Finding Comfortable Headphones for Daily 10+ Hour Use
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help Finding Comfortable Headphones for Daily 10+ Hour Use - Page 3

post #31 of 40

One super comfortable headphone that often gets overlooked here: AKG K240. Clamping force is almost nil and there is no headband pressure at all either.

post #32 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post

Just ordered the HD555s for under $100 shipped. I plan to mod them into 595s for that extra bass response. Haven't had a pair of Senns for a while, I'm excited!

 

Thanks for all the help HeadFi



New?

Where were they purchased? 

post #33 of 40
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_19 View Post

One super comfortable headphone that often gets overlooked here: AKG K240. Clamping force is almost nil and there is no headband pressure at all either.



Hmm hadn't looked into the K240s. They look quite nice. What do they sound similar to?

post #34 of 40
Thread Starter 

The Sennheiser HD555 I ended up getting have been quite excellent! They're very comfortable. I always feel them a little on my head as they have a good bit of clamping force, but they don't touch my ears almost at all. The shape is quite nice, it envelops my ear as it's more rectangular than circular. So at the end of the day, they feel pretty much the same on my head and my ears are very happy. They breathe more than I expected as well. The material is soft and comfortable, though nothing will really compare to velour. Overall I'm quite happy.

 

Sound quality is pretty good. Balanced overall. Good amount of bass, could use a touch more highs. The soundstage is pretty wide but not overly wide either. I have not yet done the 595 mod and have been running them mostly off of my onboard Realtek. They definitely benefit from going through my Mini^3 and E-MU 0404. Instant increase in clarity, resounding bass difference and well just about everything really. They're not quite as clear as the DT 990s but their clarity is what you would demand from $150 headphones. For metal and dubstep I'm happy with the sound especially since they don't need an amp to sound decent.

 

I plan to do the foam mod and then possibly remove the inner grill as well to up their sq further.


Edited by Deathwish238 - 2/9/12 at 5:21pm
post #35 of 40

Ah shoot. I don't think the HD 555 is comfy at all. I wear them and after some time my ears really get to aching. I've adjusted them over and over and I've never found a perfect spot.

 

I'm a little more sensitive maybe..?

post #36 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post

The Sennheiser HD555 I ended up getting have been quite excellent! They're very comfortable. I always feel them a little on my head as they have a good bit of clamping force, but they don't touch my ears almost at all. The shape is quite nice, it envelops my ear as it's more rectangular than circular. So at the end of the day, they feel pretty much the same on my head and my ears are very happy. They breathe more than I expected as well. The material is soft and comfortable, though nothing will really compare to velour. Overall I'm quite happy.

 

Sound quality is pretty good. Balanced overall. Good amount of bass, could use a touch more highs. The soundstage is pretty wide but not overly wide either. I have not yet done the 595 mod and have been running them mostly off of my onboard Realtek. They definitely benefit from going through my Mini^3 and E-MU 0404. Instant increase in clarity, resounding bass difference and well just about everything really. They're not quite as clear as the DT 990s but their clarity is what you would demand from $150 headphones. For metal and dubstep I'm happy with the sound especially since they don't need an amp to sound decent.

 

I plan to do the foam mod and then possibly remove the inner grill as well to up their sq further.


glad to hear you liked them.beerchug.gifbut $150? I thought they were cheaper than that now.

 

 

post #37 of 40
Thread Starter 

They're currently $170 on Amazon.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by compoopers View Post

Ah shoot. I don't think the HD 555 is comfy at all. I wear them and after some time my ears really get to aching. I've adjusted them over and over and I've never found a perfect spot.

 

I'm a little more sensitive maybe..?



Interesting, do you feel them pressing your ears a lot?

post #38 of 40

eek.gif

I noticed some headphones will appreciate in value after they are EOL'ed, but thats insane. I paid $70 for them just a little over a year ago.

post #39 of 40


Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathwish238 View Post

They're currently $170 on Amazon.


 



Interesting, do you feel them pressing your ears a lot?


Yes, it feels tight on my head, especially the top, and the earlobes and backs of my ears feel uncomfortable / sore after a few hours.

 

post #40 of 40
Thread Starter 

Sounds like your head/ears are on the larger side. I have been using my HD555s for 8 hours a day and have not had a single hour of my ears hurting or head hurting. They barely touch my ears at all and only 1-2" of the headband touches the top of my head. I'm not short/small either, 5'11.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Help Finding Comfortable Headphones for Daily 10+ Hour Use