I'm want to use my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro more, but atm they're just too muddy and boomy for me. I love my Sennheiser HD 595, what kind of equipment do I need to change the soundpicture of my Beyers?
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming Headset with criterias Last post on 2/18/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Very good headphones with an integrate microphone Last post on 12/12/11 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy FAKE beats pros? any experience? is (fakebeatsbydre.net) legit? anyone tried it? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 Vs Beyerdynamic DT770 32 Ohms Vs Sennheiser 595 Last post on 10/10/11 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
Build Quality: For something hand built, the overall build quality is quite good. Of course, it isn’t nearly as perfect as something from a plastic molding machine but it is far ahead from the...
Disclaimer: My only other good cans to compare these to are Beyerdynamics DT770 (250). I fully realize this review will be biased because of that. So please keep that in mind. This review is my...
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?post #1 of 141/15/12 at 12:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/15/12 at 1:25pmpost #3 of 141/15/12 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 141/15/12 at 5:03pmThread Starterpost #5 of 141/15/12 at 5:05pmpost #6 of 141/15/12 at 5:07pmpost #7 of 141/15/12 at 5:09pm
Are you looking to mod them or what? Changing stuff upstream isn't going to do much. The way people describe the signature it sounds more like a case of resonance rather than frequency response. It's my understanding that the non pro version has more tamed bass, though I've admittedly heard neither.post #8 of 141/15/12 at 5:12pmpost #9 of 141/15/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
he'd probably enjoy the dt 880 the best. make sure to get the 600 ohm version though, its alot better.post #10 of 141/15/12 at 6:08pmpost #11 of 141/15/12 at 6:15pm
I don't hear them as particularly muddy or boomy, just midrange recessed.
What's the source? If it has non-trivial output impedance, you're going to get extra midbass and sloppier bass control, both of which may make it sound muddier, by at least a little bit. I wouldn't suspect a huge difference in general, probably not enough to change your opinion about the headphones.
You can try closing any bass ports (are there any? I forget) or stretching out the headband to get less of a clamping seal, which should reduce the bass.post #12 of 141/16/12 at 1:20amThread Starterpost #13 of 141/16/12 at 4:26pmpost #14 of 141/16/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
PXC-450 uses the same driver as HD595, and active noise cancelling! The built is very nice too.
- How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Grado SR225 1 minute ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Jant71's take on the new ATH-CLR100 Pg... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › PSB M4U 2 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Sony ES collection. 2 minutes ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 3 minutes ago
- › ATH M50 - benchmarking for right sound 5 minutes ago
- › [Apollo] IEM Upgrade Cable by Effect Audio by ClieOS
- › Audio Technica ATH-M40FS Precision StudioPhones by UmustBKidn
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe