I'm want to use my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro more, but atm they're just too muddy and boomy for me. I love my Sennheiser HD 595, what kind of equipment do I need to change the soundpicture of my Beyers?
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming Headset with criterias Last post on 2/18/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Very good headphones with an integrate microphone Last post on 12/12/11 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy FAKE beats pros? any experience? is (fakebeatsbydre.net) legit? anyone tried it? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 Vs Beyerdynamic DT770 32 Ohms Vs Sennheiser 595 Last post on 10/10/11 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?post #1 of 141/15/12 at 12:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/15/12 at 1:25pmpost #3 of 141/15/12 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 141/15/12 at 5:03pmThread Starterpost #5 of 141/15/12 at 5:05pmpost #6 of 141/15/12 at 5:07pmpost #7 of 141/15/12 at 5:09pm
Are you looking to mod them or what? Changing stuff upstream isn't going to do much. The way people describe the signature it sounds more like a case of resonance rather than frequency response. It's my understanding that the non pro version has more tamed bass, though I've admittedly heard neither.post #8 of 141/15/12 at 5:12pmpost #9 of 141/15/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
he'd probably enjoy the dt 880 the best. make sure to get the 600 ohm version though, its alot better.post #10 of 141/15/12 at 6:08pmpost #11 of 141/15/12 at 6:15pm
I don't hear them as particularly muddy or boomy, just midrange recessed.
What's the source? If it has non-trivial output impedance, you're going to get extra midbass and sloppier bass control, both of which may make it sound muddier, by at least a little bit. I wouldn't suspect a huge difference in general, probably not enough to change your opinion about the headphones.
You can try closing any bass ports (are there any? I forget) or stretching out the headband to get less of a clamping seal, which should reduce the bass.post #12 of 141/16/12 at 1:20amThread Starterpost #13 of 141/16/12 at 4:26pmpost #14 of 141/16/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
PXC-450 uses the same driver as HD595, and active noise cancelling! The built is very nice too.
- How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › -The Discovery of the New Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) -Believe the... 55 seconds ago
- › Your top five favourite drummers - any genre of music - just name... 57 seconds ago
- › New HTC One M8 audio review 1 minute ago
- › Amarra 3.0 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR MA900 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AMP & DAC / Sound Card to DT990 for gaming? 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)