I'm want to use my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro more, but atm they're just too muddy and boomy for me. I love my Sennheiser HD 595, what kind of equipment do I need to change the soundpicture of my Beyers?
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming Headset with criterias Last post on 2/18/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Very good headphones with an integrate microphone Last post on 12/12/11 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy FAKE beats pros? any experience? is (fakebeatsbydre.net) legit? anyone tried it? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 Vs Beyerdynamic DT770 32 Ohms Vs Sennheiser 595 Last post on 10/10/11 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
First I'd like to thank Brainwavz for the opportunity to review these. As others did, I received a review pair to keep. It was a very generous gesture. Plenty of people have already posted all the...
Comply foam tip should need no introduction at this point, as it has become a norm for many brand name IEM to include a pair of them. But what we are talking here is something new – or should I say...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 (updated 2014 version!!!) on-ear premium portable headphones. ...
How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?post #1 of 141/15/12 at 12:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/15/12 at 1:25pmpost #3 of 141/15/12 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 141/15/12 at 5:03pmThread Starterpost #5 of 141/15/12 at 5:05pmpost #6 of 141/15/12 at 5:07pmpost #7 of 141/15/12 at 5:09pm
Are you looking to mod them or what? Changing stuff upstream isn't going to do much. The way people describe the signature it sounds more like a case of resonance rather than frequency response. It's my understanding that the non pro version has more tamed bass, though I've admittedly heard neither.post #8 of 141/15/12 at 5:12pmpost #9 of 141/15/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
he'd probably enjoy the dt 880 the best. make sure to get the 600 ohm version though, its alot better.post #10 of 141/15/12 at 6:08pmpost #11 of 141/15/12 at 6:15pm
I don't hear them as particularly muddy or boomy, just midrange recessed.
What's the source? If it has non-trivial output impedance, you're going to get extra midbass and sloppier bass control, both of which may make it sound muddier, by at least a little bit. I wouldn't suspect a huge difference in general, probably not enough to change your opinion about the headphones.
You can try closing any bass ports (are there any? I forget) or stretching out the headband to get less of a clamping seal, which should reduce the bass.post #12 of 141/16/12 at 1:20amThread Starterpost #13 of 141/16/12 at 4:26pmpost #14 of 141/16/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
PXC-450 uses the same driver as HD595, and active noise cancelling! The built is very nice too.
- How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Parrot's Zik blyetooth headphones. 54 seconds ago
- › New: Brainwavz R3 55 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 3 minutes ago
- › Have the HD598 and love them. Looking for similar in a closed set. 4 minutes ago
- › Need a gifting pair for about 1800 RS. (30$) And quick. 4 minutes ago
- › Asus Essence One Headphone Amp/DAC (CeBIT 2011) 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by monitorlove
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by ballbarn
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by Sonic Defender
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)