I'm want to use my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro more, but atm they're just too muddy and boomy for me. I love my Sennheiser HD 595, what kind of equipment do I need to change the soundpicture of my Beyers?
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 6/6/12 at 1:34pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming Headset with criterias Last post on 2/18/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Very good headphones with an integrate microphone Last post on 12/12/11 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy FAKE beats pros? any experience? is (fakebeatsbydre.net) legit? anyone tried it? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 Vs Beyerdynamic DT770 32 Ohms Vs Sennheiser 595 Last post on 10/10/11 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?post #1 of 141/15/12 at 12:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/15/12 at 1:25pmpost #3 of 141/15/12 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 141/15/12 at 5:03pmThread Starterpost #5 of 141/15/12 at 5:05pmpost #6 of 141/15/12 at 5:07pmpost #7 of 141/15/12 at 5:09pm
Are you looking to mod them or what? Changing stuff upstream isn't going to do much. The way people describe the signature it sounds more like a case of resonance rather than frequency response. It's my understanding that the non pro version has more tamed bass, though I've admittedly heard neither.post #8 of 141/15/12 at 5:12pmpost #9 of 141/15/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
he'd probably enjoy the dt 880 the best. make sure to get the 600 ohm version though, its alot better.post #10 of 141/15/12 at 6:08pmpost #11 of 141/15/12 at 6:15pm
I don't hear them as particularly muddy or boomy, just midrange recessed.
What's the source? If it has non-trivial output impedance, you're going to get extra midbass and sloppier bass control, both of which may make it sound muddier, by at least a little bit. I wouldn't suspect a huge difference in general, probably not enough to change your opinion about the headphones.
You can try closing any bass ports (are there any? I forget) or stretching out the headband to get less of a clamping seal, which should reduce the bass.post #12 of 141/16/12 at 1:20amThread Starterpost #13 of 141/16/12 at 4:26pmpost #14 of 141/16/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
PXC-450 uses the same driver as HD595, and active noise cancelling! The built is very nice too.
- How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 20 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 24 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › New Headphones Recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio "Mini" desktop line discussion thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)