I'm want to use my Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro more, but atm they're just too muddy and boomy for me. I love my Sennheiser HD 595, what kind of equipment do I need to change the soundpicture of my Beyers?
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD558- How Anemic and Flat Are They? Last post on 3/26/16 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Gaming Headset with criterias Last post on 2/18/12 at 9:14am in Headphones (full-size)
- Very good headphones with an integrate microphone Last post on 12/12/11 at 4:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to buy FAKE beats pros? any experience? is (fakebeatsbydre.net) legit? anyone tried it? Last post on 10/12/11 at 4:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica M50 Vs Beyerdynamic DT770 32 Ohms Vs Sennheiser 595 Last post on 10/10/11 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Simgot is a new name in Asian audio that is getting some attention with their new EN700 model. Supposedly, some that were involved in tuning the Ostry IEMs have tuned this one, so...
Have had these for a loooong time. Now that I've got older ears, I don't really hear the beautiful crystal-like treble anymore, but I'm sure it's still there. :)
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?post #1 of 141/15/12 at 12:23pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 141/15/12 at 1:25pmpost #3 of 141/15/12 at 2:27pmpost #4 of 141/15/12 at 5:03pmThread Starterpost #5 of 141/15/12 at 5:05pmpost #6 of 141/15/12 at 5:07pmpost #7 of 141/15/12 at 5:09pm
Are you looking to mod them or what? Changing stuff upstream isn't going to do much. The way people describe the signature it sounds more like a case of resonance rather than frequency response. It's my understanding that the non pro version has more tamed bass, though I've admittedly heard neither.post #8 of 141/15/12 at 5:12pmpost #9 of 141/15/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
he'd probably enjoy the dt 880 the best. make sure to get the 600 ohm version though, its alot better.post #10 of 141/15/12 at 6:08pmpost #11 of 141/15/12 at 6:15pm
I don't hear them as particularly muddy or boomy, just midrange recessed.
What's the source? If it has non-trivial output impedance, you're going to get extra midbass and sloppier bass control, both of which may make it sound muddier, by at least a little bit. I wouldn't suspect a huge difference in general, probably not enough to change your opinion about the headphones.
You can try closing any bass ports (are there any? I forget) or stretching out the headband to get less of a clamping seal, which should reduce the bass.post #12 of 141/16/12 at 1:20amThread Starterpost #13 of 141/16/12 at 4:26pmpost #14 of 141/16/12 at 5:30pmQuote:
PXC-450 uses the same driver as HD595, and active noise cancelling! The built is very nice too.
- How to make DT 770 Pro less muddy?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Why doesn't anybody like the Denon AH-D600 8 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Sennheiser HD580 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 13 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 15 minutes ago
- › SIMGOT EN700 In Ear Dynamic Earphone 24Ω Original ... by bhazard
- › Sony MDR-CD2000 CD Series Headphones by leroik
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...