New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vsonic GR06 Review - Page 18

post #256 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtasi View Post

Hey mark, I'm looking to pair these with a fiio e10.  Do you know where I can buy a 75ohm adapter?

 

What's the importance of 75ohm adapter before amping it? Is it really necessary? Thanks.

post #257 of 375

How is the GR06 with classical/symphonies? I'm trying to decide between it and the meelectronics a151, and since isolation and comfort seem to be about the same, this is my deciding factor.

post #258 of 375

I would pick the GR06 for it's sweeter midrange and larger soundstage, which will be very apparent for classical pieces.

post #259 of 375
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post

 

What's the importance of 75ohm adapter before amping it? Is it really necessary? Thanks.

well it increases the impedance of the earphone.  i wouldnt say it was "important" but it makes acoustic changes and in my experience it tightens most IEM's, removes any possibility of hiss and makes for a more controlled sound.  possibly the best example of it is where it all came form, the ER4.  Etymotic make the ER4-S and the ER4-P with the ONLY difference being 75 ohms.  of course not all things improve thus and some players may have trouble playing but i think if your the sort of chap whos around here then of all the ways you shall abuse your wallet it can be the biggest improvement you'll get from a tenner.

 

so is it necessary? no.  much like an amp isnt necessary or upgrading to a  better DAP isnt necessary.  its a nice low cost way to upgrade things.

post #260 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2410 View Post

well it increases the impedance of the earphone.  i wouldnt say it was "important" but it makes acoustic changes and in my experience it tightens most IEM's, removes any possibility of hiss and makes for a more controlled sound.  possibly the best example of it is where it all came form, the ER4.  Etymotic make the ER4-S and the ER4-P with the ONLY difference being 75 ohms.  of course not all things improve thus and some players may have trouble playing but i think if your the sort of chap whos around here then of all the ways you shall abuse your wallet it can be the biggest improvement you'll get from a tenner.

 

so is it necessary? no.  much like an amp isnt necessary or upgrading to a  better DAP isnt necessary.  its a nice low cost way to upgrade things.

 

Ah, thank you! I'll be getting one one of these days. :)

post #261 of 375

I've had my gr06 for over a year.  I really dislike their absence of bass.    My senn's don't have much bass but great spatial sound.  But the senn's still have way more bass than my vsonics. is this normal? is there something wrong with them?

 

All of these headphones are superior to my ear than the gr06

soundmagic pl-30
Brainwavs M2

senheiser hd555
 

post #262 of 375

If really deep bass is what you're looking for, then maybe GR06 isn't for you. It has good amount of bass imho but more on mid-bass than sub-bass. But I don't consider them lacking in bass though, not just that deep when compared to higher end models like GR07 I think. What I don't like about them is their muddiness. Maybe you can try different tips.

post #263 of 375
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post

I've had my gr06 for over a year.  I really dislike their absence of bass.    My senn's don't have much bass but great spatial sound.  But the senn's still have way more bass than my vsonics. is this normal? is there something wrong with them?

 

All of these headphones are superior to my ear than the gr06

soundmagic pl-30
Brainwavs M2

senheiser hd555
 


are you sure your getting a good seal?

post #264 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoexec View Post

If really deep bass is what you're looking for, then maybe GR06 isn't for you. It has good amount of bass imho but more on mid-bass than sub-bass. But I don't consider them lacking in bass though, not just that deep when compared to higher end models like GR07 I think. What I don't like about them is their muddiness. Maybe you can try different tips.

 

LOL...Bob13 must be a serious basshead if he believes that the GR06 does not have enough bass. 

 

Yeah, I also found them muddy or veiled, but they are still a good IEM of the price.

post #265 of 375

I always wandered why Mark wrote such an enthusiastic review of these GR06 while GR04 Pro Flaghip review was a bit more "cold", even if most people agree that GR04 PF are above GR06 in overall SQ.

 

 

It's funny, now I realise.. when GR06 came out they were £32 while  GR04 Pro Flagship were £72.. Now on Lendmeurears GR06 are £40 and GR04 PF are £32!

 

Strange world

post #266 of 375
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marald View Post

I always wandered why Mark wrote such an enthusiastic review of these GR06 while GR04 Pro Flaghip review was a bit more "cold", even if most people agree that GR04 PF are above GR06 in overall SQ.

 

 

It's funny, now I realise.. when GR06 came out they were £32 while  GR04 Pro Flagship were £72.. Now on Lendmeurears GR06 are £40 and GR04 PF are £32!

 

Strange world

 

 

it is with very good reason i always slap in the price!  i mean its normal for things to fall, some fast some slow but the GR06 is rather unusual in that it went up!  the 4 and its variations with their confusing names really didnt help it any, the pro, the pro flagship, the classical etc etc. 

post #267 of 375

I have a GR07 and looking for an extra IEM for gym and running. I wonder how this compares to the GR07. 

 

Does it have the same signature? :)

post #268 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by zernan View Post

I have a GR07 and looking for an extra IEM for gym and running. I wonder how this compares to the GR07. 

 

Does it have the same signature? :)

 

Nope. The GR06 is basically a more midcentric and warm signature vs the 07. It still has good extension on both ends though.

post #269 of 375
Would you recommend it vs other iems with the same price range?

Btw, does it also have the rotating nozzle?

Thanks eke2k6


Tapatalk.
post #270 of 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by zernan View Post

Would you recommend it vs other iems with the same price range?
Btw, does it also have the rotating nozzle?
Thanks eke2k6
Tapatalk.

 

I personally haven't heard anything that comes close to it in its price range. 

 

Yes, it does hsve the rotating nozzle.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: