or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread - Page 13

post #181 of 460

I found a like-new CD900ST for around 80$ should I buy it is it worth ?

post #182 of 460

CD900ST is NOT V6/7506. 

 

It is the Japanese studio variant of the CD900. It is more mid centric and neutral compared to the V6. Considering the CD900ST is normally a much more expensive headphone, I would say, at $80, go for it. 

post #183 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by marone View Post

Reading this thread it seems that there is no (?) difference between the MDR-V6 or the MDR-V7506. Here in China the 7506 sell for 300Yuan more than the V6.

Are these identical?

 

 

I find the red sticker much sexier and the metal plug on the V6 is better than the plastic plug on the 7506 IMHO.
post #184 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

Can we consider this as part of the V6 family biggrin.gif

 

 

 

 

 

1. removable cable

2. it's said to have a touch up in bass, refined mids to reduce ear fatigue, and treble roll off at 14k

3. EQ Curve For Pro Field and Studio Use (as defined by Rec. ITU-R BS.708)

 

video by BHphoto

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/indepth/audio/hands-reviews/hands-review-senal-smh-1000-studio-headphones

I am really intrigued from those!

post #185 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinphamhuu0212 View Post

I found a like-new CD900ST for around 80$ should I buy it is it worth ?

Jump on them! I want some for 80 bucks...Where did you find them?!?!!??! Btw sorry for the triple post...It wouldn't let me edit my other posts and then it glitched and deleted what I wanted to say here :(

post #186 of 460

I am thinking of buying a pair of v6's but i'm not sure if it would be a big step back in sound quality coming from mid tier iem's like ck100, ue900 etc. I have tried the m50's and hd25's before how does these compare?

 

Music wise I listen to mostly jpop/jrock how does it sound with these genres?

post #187 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Music View Post

I am thinking of buying a pair of v6's but i'm not sure if it would be a big step back in sound quality coming from mid tier iem's like ck100, ue900 etc. I have tried the m50's and hd25's before how does these compare?

 

Music wise I listen to mostly jpop/jrock how does it sound with these genres?

Hmm. CK100 and UE900 are more of a mid-high tier than mid tier to me. Anyways, compared to them, V6 doesn't really stand. V6 has slightly better clarity, but it comes with less detail and smoothness. They lack bass when compared to M50 and HD25(Though modding a V6 improves the bass drastically. Better than both M50 and HD25).

 

They lack bit of lower mids, so unless you EQ them, they will sound hallow. But with modding and EQ, they sound magically good for it's price. If you need the link to modding, I can give it to you.

post #188 of 460

BTW, did you guys know that the cups are actually metal? I thought it was plastic until I drilled a hold in the cup. No wonder it's bomb proof.

post #189 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

BTW, did you guys know that the cups are actually metal? I thought it was plastic until I drilled a hold in the cup. No wonder it's bomb proof.

 

it's plastic through and through... but the outside cup where all the writing and sticker is feel like metal. Sony design team got it so right with the v6/7506 series... their design is nearing 30 years and is still going unchanged. I just think they need to update drivers, but that opportunity is lost now that Senal SMH-1000 is out now.
post #190 of 460
TheBoss, how does the Senal compare to the V6/7506 in terms of sonic characteristics and build quality?
post #191 of 460

MDR-V6 is now listed as "discontinued".  :(

Reply
post #192 of 460

Whoa. I was hoping that it would make it to 30 years (2015). Being discontinued explains the price increase though. 

 

Oh well. The 7506 still exists. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

 

it's plastic through and through... but the outside cup where all the writing and sticker is feel like metal.Sony design team got it so right with the v6/7506 series... their design is nearing 30 years and is still going unchanged. I just think they need to update drivers, but that opportunity is lost now that Senal SMH-1000 is out now.

I don't even think they need new drivers. Removable cable, better pads, and hiding the wire between L/R and it'd be perfect. 

post #193 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post

 

it's plastic through and through... but the outside cup where all the writing and sticker is feel like metal.Sony design team got it so right with the v6/7506 series... their design is nearing 30 years and is still going unchanged. I just think they need to update drivers, but that opportunity is lost now that Senal SMH-1000 is out now.

Really? It's metal! I drilled a hole in the cups. Outer cup is covered in plastic, but there's metal inside.

post #194 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Really? Outer cup is covered in plastic, but there's metal inside.


confused.gif

 

i thought its the other way around...

 

outer feels metalic

inner housing definitely feels plastic

post #195 of 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Signals View Post

TheBoss, how does the Senal compare to the V6/7506 in terms of sonic characteristics and build quality?

 

 

I don't have a Senal right now.  I just discovered those headphone while looking around for gear on New York-based BHphoto.com.  Right now they are currently prized the same as 7506s.

 

I hope someone here with a bit more disposable income can buy and do comparison.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread