Hey guys, definite newbie with a moderately newbie question. I'm looking to pick up some headphones with excellent bass, BUT something that won't keep my fiance up at night while I'm on my laptop and shes trying to sleep. I was thinking of going with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (80/250ohm) accompanied by the new FiiO E17. I listen to mostly heavier music (electronic, metal) and a avid movie watcher. All done on my laptop (not looking for anything for iPod). I'm assuming I'll need something closed and my overall budget is $500 (headphone/amp). Any suggestions/advice would be awesome.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 1/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 For Eletronic Music Last post on 10/21/11 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
Great sound, great tone, very well balanced, very clean, great bass (not lacking), detailed sound. Everything sounds great on the SENNHEISER HD 598.
Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setuppost #1 of 21/10/12 at 2:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 21/10/12 at 3:08pm
Denon AH-D2000 paired with a Total Bithead
This combo will most likely rock your socks off if you are not familiar with high end audio yet. The D2000 is one of those headphones, when amped well, is awesome. Unamped it remains really good. The Bithead amp/DAC will give you both an amp and DAC and can run two headphones at once if need be. I really like mine paired with the D2000 headphones and I bet you will too.
The D2000 is a slightly bass heavy headphone with a flat mid range and a tad rolled off treble. They are extremely comfortable and have a nice up-front bias. They are very easy to drive having a high sensitivity and low impedance ( 25 Ohms ).
$359 for Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
$149 for Total Bithead
One of the best combos at its price!
- Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Headphone comparison: Sennheiser HD 600, HD 700, HD 800, HD 25-1,... 2 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 4 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 7 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 10 minutes ago
- › Acoustic Research Mysterious New Audiophile DAP 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by DJScope
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2