Hey guys, definite newbie with a moderately newbie question. I'm looking to pick up some headphones with excellent bass, BUT something that won't keep my fiance up at night while I'm on my laptop and shes trying to sleep. I was thinking of going with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (80/250ohm) accompanied by the new FiiO E17. I listen to mostly heavier music (electronic, metal) and a avid movie watcher. All done on my laptop (not looking for anything for iPod). I'm assuming I'll need something closed and my overall budget is $500 (headphone/amp). Any suggestions/advice would be awesome.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 1/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 For Eletronic Music Last post on 10/21/11 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setuppost #1 of 21/10/12 at 2:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 21/10/12 at 3:08pm
Denon AH-D2000 paired with a Total Bithead
This combo will most likely rock your socks off if you are not familiar with high end audio yet. The D2000 is one of those headphones, when amped well, is awesome. Unamped it remains really good. The Bithead amp/DAC will give you both an amp and DAC and can run two headphones at once if need be. I really like mine paired with the D2000 headphones and I bet you will too.
The D2000 is a slightly bass heavy headphone with a flat mid range and a tad rolled off treble. They are extremely comfortable and have a nice up-front bias. They are very easy to drive having a high sensitivity and low impedance ( 25 Ohms ).
$359 for Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
$149 for Total Bithead
One of the best combos at its price!
- Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 5 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 2 minutes ago
- › Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer 6 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 8 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 9 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 11 minutes ago
- › Fulla (by) Schiit - News, photos, thoughts, impressions, etc. 11 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 11 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)