Hey guys, definite newbie with a moderately newbie question. I'm looking to pick up some headphones with excellent bass, BUT something that won't keep my fiance up at night while I'm on my laptop and shes trying to sleep. I was thinking of going with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (80/250ohm) accompanied by the new FiiO E17. I listen to mostly heavier music (electronic, metal) and a avid movie watcher. All done on my laptop (not looking for anything for iPod). I'm assuming I'll need something closed and my overall budget is $500 (headphone/amp). Any suggestions/advice would be awesome.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 1/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 For Eletronic Music Last post on 10/21/11 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setuppost #1 of 21/10/12 at 2:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 21/10/12 at 3:08pm
Denon AH-D2000 paired with a Total Bithead
This combo will most likely rock your socks off if you are not familiar with high end audio yet. The D2000 is one of those headphones, when amped well, is awesome. Unamped it remains really good. The Bithead amp/DAC will give you both an amp and DAC and can run two headphones at once if need be. I really like mine paired with the D2000 headphones and I bet you will too.
The D2000 is a slightly bass heavy headphone with a flat mid range and a tad rolled off treble. They are extremely comfortable and have a nice up-front bias. They are very easy to drive having a high sensitivity and low impedance ( 25 Ohms ).
$359 for Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
$149 for Total Bithead
One of the best combos at its price!
- Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 44 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 53 seconds ago
- › Less than $300 Over the Ear for my Teenage Son (who wants Beats!) 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › Comparisons: 22 of the Top Closed/Portable Headphones Around 1 minute ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)