Hey guys, definite newbie with a moderately newbie question. I'm looking to pick up some headphones with excellent bass, BUT something that won't keep my fiance up at night while I'm on my laptop and shes trying to sleep. I was thinking of going with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (80/250ohm) accompanied by the new FiiO E17. I listen to mostly heavier music (electronic, metal) and a avid movie watcher. All done on my laptop (not looking for anything for iPod). I'm assuming I'll need something closed and my overall budget is $500 (headphone/amp). Any suggestions/advice would be awesome.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 1/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 For Eletronic Music Last post on 10/21/11 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Read a ton of reviews before purchasing. However, I will be honest and say that I was a bit let down by the bass. Don't get me wrong, its very detailed and balanced and perhaps there lies my issue,...
Schiit Ragnarok: Is It Love, or Is It Just Schiit? Introduction: This part is just to give you some background on my experience and how I’ve arrived at the Schiit Ragnarok before...
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setuppost #1 of 21/10/12 at 2:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 21/10/12 at 3:08pm
Denon AH-D2000 paired with a Total Bithead
This combo will most likely rock your socks off if you are not familiar with high end audio yet. The D2000 is one of those headphones, when amped well, is awesome. Unamped it remains really good. The Bithead amp/DAC will give you both an amp and DAC and can run two headphones at once if need be. I really like mine paired with the D2000 headphones and I bet you will too.
The D2000 is a slightly bass heavy headphone with a flat mid range and a tad rolled off treble. They are extremely comfortable and have a nice up-front bias. They are very easy to drive having a high sensitivity and low impedance ( 25 Ohms ).
$359 for Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
$149 for Total Bithead
One of the best combos at its price!
- Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 47 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Soldering my marshall cans jack. 6 minutes ago
- › I need some help setting up my DT 990 pro 250ohm with Z87 G43... 6 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 10 minutes ago
- › History of the AKG K1000? 11 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)