Hey guys, definite newbie with a moderately newbie question. I'm looking to pick up some headphones with excellent bass, BUT something that won't keep my fiance up at night while I'm on my laptop and shes trying to sleep. I was thinking of going with the Beyerdynamic DT 770 (80/250ohm) accompanied by the new FiiO E17. I listen to mostly heavier music (electronic, metal) and a avid movie watcher. All done on my laptop (not looking for anything for iPod). I'm assuming I'll need something closed and my overall budget is $500 (headphone/amp). Any suggestions/advice would be awesome.
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohmstagged by System, 1/11/12
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Worried about durability, D2000 vs DT770 Last post on 11/16/10 at 1:38am in Headphones (full-size)
- Long time lurker looking for a set of good over ear headphones... Last post on 2/23/13 at 5:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- $200 For Eletronic Music Last post on 10/21/11 at 8:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Fullsize headphone under 200$ Last post on 12/26/12 at 3:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO THOUGHTS Last post on 2/5/14 at 8:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setuppost #1 of 21/10/12 at 2:40pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 21/10/12 at 3:08pm
Denon AH-D2000 paired with a Total Bithead
This combo will most likely rock your socks off if you are not familiar with high end audio yet. The D2000 is one of those headphones, when amped well, is awesome. Unamped it remains really good. The Bithead amp/DAC will give you both an amp and DAC and can run two headphones at once if need be. I really like mine paired with the D2000 headphones and I bet you will too.
The D2000 is a slightly bass heavy headphone with a flat mid range and a tad rolled off treble. They are extremely comfortable and have a nice up-front bias. They are very easy to drive having a high sensitivity and low impedance ( 25 Ohms ).
$359 for Denon AH-D2000 Headphones
$149 for Total Bithead
One of the best combos at its price!
- Looking for advice on a good closed headphone/portable amp setup
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audiofly AF140 Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN Tour Thread and Impressions 36 seconds ago
- › Buying my first audiophile grade headphones need some help please :) 46 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › AKG K501 love... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 3 minutes ago
- › Alessandro MS1i Pads 3 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 + cwm recovery Latest Update: 2014-06-30 4 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)