First of all I know that this kind of threat comes up a LOT but bear with me please.
I would like to start a debate of what kind of headphone you will recommend within my specifications.
- It will be my first really serious investment in a headphone!
What I want in my headphones:
- A headphone with good isolation (for when I'm reading)
- Good bass response (like the sennheiser HD 201)
- Great for LP records
- Good for rock, folk, indie and sometimes electronic (but elektro music isn't that important, but I do listen to Porcupine Tree)
- Comfortable ! something I can wear in several hours
- Something that don't need an headphone amplifier, one who can be plugged right into my Denon DRA-275RD or my Sony STR-
- budget at 138$ to 224$, now I live in Denmark (that's why the bad spelling) so the prices is different here (a LOT) in Denmark headphones is a lot more expensive for some reason, but give me your suggestions and I will try to find them cheap in UK or something :)
What I have been looking at:
- Grado SR60i/80 (but very expensive and no noise canceling)
- Shure SHR440/840 (the 840 I have heard so much posetive feedback on, but a little expensive)
- Superluz HD-668 B (I don't know much about these but there have a reasonable price)
- That was a little description of what I'm looking for. Please help me find the one headphone that I'm looking for :)
Edited by Fryde - 1/12/12 at 3:24am