Just wondering, as I just passed up the opportunity to buy some D7000's and went with the D2000's. I really love them. Is the D7000 really better? Or did I do the right thing by saving my money?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Style Headphones but Not Beats? Last post on 5/18/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?post #1 of 101/9/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 101/10/12 at 12:16am
Yes, you did the right thing to save money, for now. D2000 actually has the best value in the D5000, D7000 line or probably in all 250$ cans because of its low price. But I am afraid after you get addicted to the Denon sound, you will inevitably go to the D7000, which, as a matter of fact, sound really really good.
You still can save money if you are good DIYer, do a Marl mod and recable with some 6N or even better silver cable, then you get a fantastic phone close to D7000 sonically.post #3 of 104/28/12 at 7:43pm
I agree with nkkuma1, you did the right thing to save money, but yes, the Denon sound is addictive.
I own and love both the D7000 and the D2000. These Denons happen to fit my head and ears better than any others I've tried.
Is the D7000 worth two or three times as much? Probably not, but the difference is quite audible -- tighter, deeper bass, slightly more open soundstage. I use the D2000 for everyday work and listening, and the D7000 for my best recordings and demanding studio work (I can hear the lowest frequencies clearly, and they don't leak). For mastering, I always listen also with my AKG K702, for comparison and reference.
The audio law of diminishing returns still applies, though. So, like Beluga caviar, Super Bowl tickets, or the keys to a Porsche, only you can decide if the cost is really worth it to you. Still, with the D2000, you're enjoying the headphone equivalent of Ossetra caviar. :))post #4 of 104/28/12 at 9:20pm
Depends on the price of the D7000 you passed up ;)
In all seriousness though any of them are a great headphone. I would be cautious before modding/getting your D2000 modded though. If you dump money into mods and then get a D7000 you'll probably end up modding them again to get the best out of the improved drivers.post #5 of 104/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #6 of 104/28/12 at 11:55pmpost #7 of 104/29/12 at 9:19ampost #8 of 105/10/12 at 8:40ampost #9 of 105/10/12 at 10:02amQuote:
So what exactly is addictive about the Denon sound that other brands don't have?post #10 of 105/10/12 at 10:25am
- Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 2 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 25 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 41 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 48 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 3 minutes ago
- › Music Streaming Service 5 minutes ago
- › recommend me some iem for edm basshead here 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 8 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)