Just wondering, as I just passed up the opportunity to buy some D7000's and went with the D2000's. I really love them. Is the D7000 really better? Or did I do the right thing by saving my money?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Style Headphones but Not Beats? Last post on 5/18/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Over the past few weeks I have tried out quite a few over-ear bluetooth headphones in a mad search for the ‘ultimate’ bluetooth headphone. I have tried the Bose QC35’s, V-Moda Crossfade Wireless...
This is a review of the Zorloo ZuperDAC DAC/amp combo. The Zorloo ZuperDAC was sendt to me for free from Zorloo in exchange for my honest review of it. I’d like to say THANK YOU to Zorloo for...
Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?post #1 of 101/9/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 101/10/12 at 12:16am
Yes, you did the right thing to save money, for now. D2000 actually has the best value in the D5000, D7000 line or probably in all 250$ cans because of its low price. But I am afraid after you get addicted to the Denon sound, you will inevitably go to the D7000, which, as a matter of fact, sound really really good.
You still can save money if you are good DIYer, do a Marl mod and recable with some 6N or even better silver cable, then you get a fantastic phone close to D7000 sonically.post #3 of 104/28/12 at 7:43pm
I agree with nkkuma1, you did the right thing to save money, but yes, the Denon sound is addictive.
I own and love both the D7000 and the D2000. These Denons happen to fit my head and ears better than any others I've tried.
Is the D7000 worth two or three times as much? Probably not, but the difference is quite audible -- tighter, deeper bass, slightly more open soundstage. I use the D2000 for everyday work and listening, and the D7000 for my best recordings and demanding studio work (I can hear the lowest frequencies clearly, and they don't leak). For mastering, I always listen also with my AKG K702, for comparison and reference.
The audio law of diminishing returns still applies, though. So, like Beluga caviar, Super Bowl tickets, or the keys to a Porsche, only you can decide if the cost is really worth it to you. Still, with the D2000, you're enjoying the headphone equivalent of Ossetra caviar. :))post #4 of 104/28/12 at 9:20pm
Depends on the price of the D7000 you passed up ;)
In all seriousness though any of them are a great headphone. I would be cautious before modding/getting your D2000 modded though. If you dump money into mods and then get a D7000 you'll probably end up modding them again to get the best out of the improved drivers.post #5 of 104/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #6 of 104/28/12 at 11:55pmpost #7 of 104/29/12 at 9:19ampost #8 of 105/10/12 at 8:40ampost #9 of 105/10/12 at 10:02amQuote:
So what exactly is addictive about the Denon sound that other brands don't have?post #10 of 105/10/12 at 10:25am
- Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Are any of the Schiit DACs NOS? 4 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 5 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 7 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 8 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio 6 (added ASG-2 and Earsonics S-EM6) 8 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 10 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 12 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 15 minutes ago
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by d8n0g
- › Bluedio T3 Plus (Turbine 3rd) Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Bluedio T3 (Turbine 3rd) Extra Bass Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo... by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...