Just wondering, as I just passed up the opportunity to buy some D7000's and went with the D2000's. I really love them. Is the D7000 really better? Or did I do the right thing by saving my money?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Style Headphones but Not Beats? Last post on 5/18/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I brought these on sale at Best Buy for $44, the price they are at right now are a absolute rip off. ($110) Logitech have discontinued these, I will take a guess in my review why that...
Synopsis: The Future Sonics MG5pro is a professional stage monitor for audiophiles. It offers a different tuning than its brother, the fully stage-oriented MG6pro, by offering a brighter, more...
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?post #1 of 101/9/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 101/10/12 at 12:16am
Yes, you did the right thing to save money, for now. D2000 actually has the best value in the D5000, D7000 line or probably in all 250$ cans because of its low price. But I am afraid after you get addicted to the Denon sound, you will inevitably go to the D7000, which, as a matter of fact, sound really really good.
You still can save money if you are good DIYer, do a Marl mod and recable with some 6N or even better silver cable, then you get a fantastic phone close to D7000 sonically.post #3 of 104/28/12 at 7:43pm
I agree with nkkuma1, you did the right thing to save money, but yes, the Denon sound is addictive.
I own and love both the D7000 and the D2000. These Denons happen to fit my head and ears better than any others I've tried.
Is the D7000 worth two or three times as much? Probably not, but the difference is quite audible -- tighter, deeper bass, slightly more open soundstage. I use the D2000 for everyday work and listening, and the D7000 for my best recordings and demanding studio work (I can hear the lowest frequencies clearly, and they don't leak). For mastering, I always listen also with my AKG K702, for comparison and reference.
The audio law of diminishing returns still applies, though. So, like Beluga caviar, Super Bowl tickets, or the keys to a Porsche, only you can decide if the cost is really worth it to you. Still, with the D2000, you're enjoying the headphone equivalent of Ossetra caviar. :))post #4 of 104/28/12 at 9:20pm
Depends on the price of the D7000 you passed up ;)
In all seriousness though any of them are a great headphone. I would be cautious before modding/getting your D2000 modded though. If you dump money into mods and then get a D7000 you'll probably end up modding them again to get the best out of the improved drivers.post #5 of 104/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #6 of 104/28/12 at 11:55pmpost #7 of 104/29/12 at 9:19ampost #8 of 105/10/12 at 8:40ampost #9 of 105/10/12 at 10:02amQuote:
So what exactly is addictive about the Denon sound that other brands don't have?post #10 of 105/10/12 at 10:25am
- Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 Latest Update 07/24/2014 20 seconds ago
- › Review & Appreciation: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level... 30 seconds ago
- › Looking for recommendations for closed headphones around $100. 39 seconds ago
- › Good headphones under $ 150, need your opinion! 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Help Headphones and Dac AmP 6 minutes ago
- › BRANDS OF PORTABLE SE AMPS NEEDED 7 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 9 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Noble Audio Kaiser 10: 10-driver Custom-Fit In-Ear Monitor 10 minutes ago
- › Logitech Z553 2.1 Speakers by Nada190
- › Future Sonics mg5pro 10mm Ear Monitors by Kunlun
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)