Just wondering, as I just passed up the opportunity to buy some D7000's and went with the D2000's. I really love them. Is the D7000 really better? Or did I do the right thing by saving my money?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Style Headphones but Not Beats? Last post on 5/18/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all my...
Some "Provenance" to the Brand Name: Ocharaku is a "tea themed" company based in Japan. Focusing on Dynamic Driver IEM's, Ocharaku pushes the envelope when it comes to breaking the negative...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Totem Paco (FE-131) is a newly released earphone from Fischer Audio. They’re small, built well and sound good. Want to know more? Read on. Below is the...
I was sent a couple of the ShareMe headphones to try recently for review purposes. The name of the company isn't one that I'm familiar with but I have seen various low priced offerings on...
The ANC-G5 active noise canceling headphones can be had from Amazon for 60 USD. How does it compare to the number one noise canceling headphones, the Bose QuietComfort QC20i? Comfort The...
Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?post #1 of 101/9/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 101/10/12 at 12:16am
Yes, you did the right thing to save money, for now. D2000 actually has the best value in the D5000, D7000 line or probably in all 250$ cans because of its low price. But I am afraid after you get addicted to the Denon sound, you will inevitably go to the D7000, which, as a matter of fact, sound really really good.
You still can save money if you are good DIYer, do a Marl mod and recable with some 6N or even better silver cable, then you get a fantastic phone close to D7000 sonically.post #3 of 104/28/12 at 7:43pm
I agree with nkkuma1, you did the right thing to save money, but yes, the Denon sound is addictive.
I own and love both the D7000 and the D2000. These Denons happen to fit my head and ears better than any others I've tried.
Is the D7000 worth two or three times as much? Probably not, but the difference is quite audible -- tighter, deeper bass, slightly more open soundstage. I use the D2000 for everyday work and listening, and the D7000 for my best recordings and demanding studio work (I can hear the lowest frequencies clearly, and they don't leak). For mastering, I always listen also with my AKG K702, for comparison and reference.
The audio law of diminishing returns still applies, though. So, like Beluga caviar, Super Bowl tickets, or the keys to a Porsche, only you can decide if the cost is really worth it to you. Still, with the D2000, you're enjoying the headphone equivalent of Ossetra caviar. :))post #4 of 104/28/12 at 9:20pm
Depends on the price of the D7000 you passed up ;)
In all seriousness though any of them are a great headphone. I would be cautious before modding/getting your D2000 modded though. If you dump money into mods and then get a D7000 you'll probably end up modding them again to get the best out of the improved drivers.post #5 of 104/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #6 of 104/28/12 at 11:55pmpost #7 of 104/29/12 at 9:19ampost #8 of 105/10/12 at 8:40ampost #9 of 105/10/12 at 10:02amQuote:
So what exactly is addictive about the Denon sound that other brands don't have?post #10 of 105/10/12 at 10:25am
- Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 49 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › STAX SR-009 - LNIB - 2hrs use! 5 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 7 minutes ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Westone MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548 by twister6
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by kevingzw
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by crabdog
- › Mixcder ShareMe Wireless Bluetooth Headphones,Built in Mic for... by iancraig10
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by pkshiu
- › Superlux HD-668 B by HiFiChris
- › Meze 99 Classics by HansBarbarossa
- › Cayin i5 by cleg
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C by Delayeed
- › Cable Matters Gold Plated Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with... by Gabeh765
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...