Just wondering, as I just passed up the opportunity to buy some D7000's and went with the D2000's. I really love them. Is the D7000 really better? Or did I do the right thing by saving my money?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Style Headphones but Not Beats? Last post on 5/18/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?post #1 of 101/9/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 101/10/12 at 12:16am
Yes, you did the right thing to save money, for now. D2000 actually has the best value in the D5000, D7000 line or probably in all 250$ cans because of its low price. But I am afraid after you get addicted to the Denon sound, you will inevitably go to the D7000, which, as a matter of fact, sound really really good.
You still can save money if you are good DIYer, do a Marl mod and recable with some 6N or even better silver cable, then you get a fantastic phone close to D7000 sonically.post #3 of 104/28/12 at 7:43pm
I agree with nkkuma1, you did the right thing to save money, but yes, the Denon sound is addictive.
I own and love both the D7000 and the D2000. These Denons happen to fit my head and ears better than any others I've tried.
Is the D7000 worth two or three times as much? Probably not, but the difference is quite audible -- tighter, deeper bass, slightly more open soundstage. I use the D2000 for everyday work and listening, and the D7000 for my best recordings and demanding studio work (I can hear the lowest frequencies clearly, and they don't leak). For mastering, I always listen also with my AKG K702, for comparison and reference.
The audio law of diminishing returns still applies, though. So, like Beluga caviar, Super Bowl tickets, or the keys to a Porsche, only you can decide if the cost is really worth it to you. Still, with the D2000, you're enjoying the headphone equivalent of Ossetra caviar. :))post #4 of 104/28/12 at 9:20pm
Depends on the price of the D7000 you passed up ;)
In all seriousness though any of them are a great headphone. I would be cautious before modding/getting your D2000 modded though. If you dump money into mods and then get a D7000 you'll probably end up modding them again to get the best out of the improved drivers.post #5 of 104/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #6 of 104/28/12 at 11:55pmpost #7 of 104/29/12 at 9:19ampost #8 of 105/10/12 at 8:40ampost #9 of 105/10/12 at 10:02amQuote:
So what exactly is addictive about the Denon sound that other brands don't have?post #10 of 105/10/12 at 10:25am
- Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FS: Beyerdynamic T1 [AU] 34 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 45 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic A1 (Hybrid Amp) - Discussion and Review... 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Glass using low standard materials 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)