Just wondering, as I just passed up the opportunity to buy some D7000's and went with the D2000's. I really love them. Is the D7000 really better? Or did I do the right thing by saving my money?
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AH-D7000 - Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000 Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Top 5 Closed Back Cans Last post on 6/7/12 at 10:45am in Headphones (full-size)
- Running the HD650's... Ampless? Last post on 1/4/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Beats Style Headphones but Not Beats? Last post on 5/18/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?post #1 of 101/9/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 101/10/12 at 12:16am
Yes, you did the right thing to save money, for now. D2000 actually has the best value in the D5000, D7000 line or probably in all 250$ cans because of its low price. But I am afraid after you get addicted to the Denon sound, you will inevitably go to the D7000, which, as a matter of fact, sound really really good.
You still can save money if you are good DIYer, do a Marl mod and recable with some 6N or even better silver cable, then you get a fantastic phone close to D7000 sonically.post #3 of 104/28/12 at 7:43pm
I agree with nkkuma1, you did the right thing to save money, but yes, the Denon sound is addictive.
I own and love both the D7000 and the D2000. These Denons happen to fit my head and ears better than any others I've tried.
Is the D7000 worth two or three times as much? Probably not, but the difference is quite audible -- tighter, deeper bass, slightly more open soundstage. I use the D2000 for everyday work and listening, and the D7000 for my best recordings and demanding studio work (I can hear the lowest frequencies clearly, and they don't leak). For mastering, I always listen also with my AKG K702, for comparison and reference.
The audio law of diminishing returns still applies, though. So, like Beluga caviar, Super Bowl tickets, or the keys to a Porsche, only you can decide if the cost is really worth it to you. Still, with the D2000, you're enjoying the headphone equivalent of Ossetra caviar. :))post #4 of 104/28/12 at 9:20pm
Depends on the price of the D7000 you passed up ;)
In all seriousness though any of them are a great headphone. I would be cautious before modding/getting your D2000 modded though. If you dump money into mods and then get a D7000 you'll probably end up modding them again to get the best out of the improved drivers.post #5 of 104/28/12 at 9:55pmpost #6 of 104/28/12 at 11:55pmpost #7 of 104/29/12 at 9:19ampost #8 of 105/10/12 at 8:40ampost #9 of 105/10/12 at 10:02amQuote:
So what exactly is addictive about the Denon sound that other brands don't have?post #10 of 105/10/12 at 10:25am
- Anyone prefer the Denon D2000's over the D7000's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 21 seconds ago
- › Need help in planning speaker set-up. (New in speakers..) 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › What headphones have the strongest and relatively cleanest bass? 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-ZX310 sound? 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 7 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2