Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 7/14/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
(note: pictures included are not mine, I grabbed them from the net to make the article easier to read) I've had these for well over a year and used them at least 5 days-a-week during that...
Many thanks to Brooko for arranging this tour unit Pros: External Playlists: Pretty much my number one priority after sound, this took some fiddling to get working from my Mac/iTunes but I...
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 4
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 35441/10/12 at 2:16amQuote:
105 dB/V @150 ohms ie 97 dB/mW, average sensitivity.
1.8 V or 22 mW to reach 110 db peaks
3.2 V or 66 mW to reach 115 db peaks.
Nothing too difficult.post #48 of 35441/10/12 at 2:17amQuote:
Sennheiser can make closed headphones... just not really high end ones.
post #49 of 35441/10/12 at 2:20ampost #50 of 35441/10/12 at 2:20ampost #51 of 35441/10/12 at 2:23ampost #52 of 35441/10/12 at 2:26amQuote:
I do agree with you, if they sound great then I would not care too much on looks, but they are not as pretty as the HD800.post #53 of 35441/10/12 at 2:29am
Mmm.... Sennheiser do NOT want to make high end closed phones, that is different. Ever heard of the HD 250 Linear ?
Quote:post #54 of 35441/10/12 at 2:32ampost #55 of 35441/10/12 at 2:33ampost #56 of 35441/10/12 at 2:39amQuote:
LOL!!!post #57 of 35441/10/12 at 2:52ampost #58 of 35441/10/12 at 3:10amQuote:
An extinct headphone, in their past, this must be.
Take the beyer T1. They make it closed, to become the t5p, and the result is a dinosaur of a dip in sound quality. But give beyerdynamic credit for at least trying- I wonder how sennheiser would fare with their own closed 'reference' headphone.
That isn't going to happen- maybe they're too scared that they can't achieve a high enough level of sq in this market.
Anyway, this hd700 I expect will cause an explosion of interest at headfi. Hang on to your wallets people.post #59 of 35441/10/12 at 3:14am
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 37 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 3 minutes ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 6 minutes ago
- › McIntosh MHP1000 Headphones Announced in CES 6 minutes ago
- › Some People Remember How Equipment Sounds! 7 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by peter123
- › Sennheiser HD8 DJ On Ear Headphones by LAmitchell
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ade_hall
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3