After 30+ hours, the treble still sounds hard to me with the HD700, just not enough clean extension for my tastes. Ditto for the bass: it seems to lack that ultimate extension/articulation. If the HD700 sound anything similar to the HD800, I may forego the latter as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
My first Head-Fi review. Pledged for these on Kickstarter this year. I own full range electrostatic speakers (Acoustat 3) and electret headphones (Audio Technica AT706). The Mitchell & Johnson...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I didn't really know about PaiAudio at all until very recently when I was approached by Alex Fan...
Vibro Labs Aria (universal) – initial impressions In my travels on Head-Fi over the last year or so, Vibro Labs is a name I had heard bandied around in various forums, mainly as makers of...
Alright, these are the most confusing set of cans I've ever owned. Why are they so cheap? It doesn't make any sense. Right out of the gate, these are the most comfortable set of headphones...
These are easily my favorite headphones I own. My review will be assuming you have Shure 1540 pads, but I'll go over some other options as well. Lets get the big negative out of the way now....
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 237post #3541 of 35441/12/15 at 8:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3542 of 35442/19/15 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
LFF and I would like to apologize to you for making you exercise unnecessary care and caution in your selection of the HD700 as your cans of choice. Obviously, we caused you a lot of harm. As far as our HD700 review causing you to nearly not bother trying the HD700 when you had the opportunity, I call BS on that, because it would have been really dumb for you to not to try it, even for 2 seconds - no review trumps hands on experience.
Purrins review made me feel really weird when I first read it (after a brief test of the HD700, months after owning the HE-400).
I felt the HD700 was, at first glance, a great HP.
There was something off, but at the time I attributed that to having used the HE-400 for a long period of time. The HD700 sounded amazing in all aspects except tactility.
I felt like the sound was away from me (not in terms of soundstage, but in terms of distance from my ears).
I do find however that I will have to test these HP again (now I have a shop where I can do that) and see if my previous impressions stay the same.
Also, I need to test them with games. My first benchmark are always games, then music, especially games that have very good voice acting and soundtracks.
Just waiting for the Winter to go away to do the testing :D.post #3543 of 35442/19/15 at 7:53am
I went against the grain of Purrin's review, too, and tried the HD700 nevertheless. The HD700 were not at all to my liking and were subsequently sold. To my ears, the HD700 have an unnatural/hard treble, reminding me of what I did not like in the T1 and DT990.
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Your Favourite Basshead Album 3 seconds ago
- › BRAINWAVZ M1 EARPHONES - Free Shipping 15 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 6 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Mitchell & Johnson Electrostatz (GL2) Kickstarter Edition -... by barondla
- › 3.14 MR3 Music Headphones, BA Balanced Armature Headphones with 3... by Brooko
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Jackpot77
- › Philips SHP9500 by reikoshea
- › Fostex T50RP MK3 Professional Studio Headphones, Semi-Open by reikoshea
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...