After 30+ hours, the treble still sounds hard to me with the HD700, just not enough clean extension for my tastes. Ditto for the bass: it seems to lack that ultimate extension/articulation. If the HD700 sound anything similar to the HD800, I may forego the latter as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 237post #3541 of 35441/12/15 at 8:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3542 of 35442/19/15 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
LFF and I would like to apologize to you for making you exercise unnecessary care and caution in your selection of the HD700 as your cans of choice. Obviously, we caused you a lot of harm. As far as our HD700 review causing you to nearly not bother trying the HD700 when you had the opportunity, I call BS on that, because it would have been really dumb for you to not to try it, even for 2 seconds - no review trumps hands on experience.
Purrins review made me feel really weird when I first read it (after a brief test of the HD700, months after owning the HE-400).
I felt the HD700 was, at first glance, a great HP.
There was something off, but at the time I attributed that to having used the HE-400 for a long period of time. The HD700 sounded amazing in all aspects except tactility.
I felt like the sound was away from me (not in terms of soundstage, but in terms of distance from my ears).
I do find however that I will have to test these HP again (now I have a shop where I can do that) and see if my previous impressions stay the same.
Also, I need to test them with games. My first benchmark are always games, then music, especially games that have very good voice acting and soundtracks.
Just waiting for the Winter to go away to do the testing :D.post #3543 of 35442/19/15 at 7:53am
I went against the grain of Purrin's review, too, and tried the HD700 nevertheless. The HD700 were not at all to my liking and were subsequently sold. To my ears, the HD700 have an unnatural/hard treble, reminding me of what I did not like in the T1 and DT990.
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 10 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 41 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 4 minutes ago
- › Hum Pristine 4 minutes ago
- › DHC Silver Litz 8-braid (new $800) - 2-pin with regular or balanced... 4 minutes ago
- › RHA DAC/AMP M1 5 minutes ago
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...