After 30+ hours, the treble still sounds hard to me with the HD700, just not enough clean extension for my tastes. Ditto for the bass: it seems to lack that ultimate extension/articulation. If the HD700 sound anything similar to the HD800, I may forego the latter as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 237post #3541 of 35441/12/15 at 8:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3542 of 35442/19/15 at 7:45amQuote:Originally Posted by purrin
LFF and I would like to apologize to you for making you exercise unnecessary care and caution in your selection of the HD700 as your cans of choice. Obviously, we caused you a lot of harm. As far as our HD700 review causing you to nearly not bother trying the HD700 when you had the opportunity, I call BS on that, because it would have been really dumb for you to not to try it, even for 2 seconds - no review trumps hands on experience.
Purrins review made me feel really weird when I first read it (after a brief test of the HD700, months after owning the HE-400).
I felt the HD700 was, at first glance, a great HP.
There was something off, but at the time I attributed that to having used the HE-400 for a long period of time. The HD700 sounded amazing in all aspects except tactility.
I felt like the sound was away from me (not in terms of soundstage, but in terms of distance from my ears).
I do find however that I will have to test these HP again (now I have a shop where I can do that) and see if my previous impressions stay the same.
Also, I need to test them with games. My first benchmark are always games, then music, especially games that have very good voice acting and soundtracks.
Just waiting for the Winter to go away to do the testing :D.post #3543 of 35442/19/15 at 7:53am
I went against the grain of Purrin's review, too, and tried the HD700 nevertheless. The HD700 were not at all to my liking and were subsequently sold. To my ears, the HD700 have an unnatural/hard treble, reminding me of what I did not like in the T1 and DT990.
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Vmoda Crossfade LP, Why all the bad reviews? 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Review and discussions - Audioengine D1 24/96 USB and Optical... 2 minutes ago
- › Studio Six - A Reference Headphone Amp from ALO Audio - Now Available! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 6 minutes ago
- › Which high end headphone would you buy at these given prices: 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 8 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sony announces the "Just ear" brand of custom IEMs 12 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2