Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 232post #3466 of 353410/22/12 at 7:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3467 of 353410/22/12 at 7:40pmpost #3468 of 353410/23/12 at 7:44amQuote:
I haven't commented in this thread in a while, but I saw that in the preview ticker and couldn't help but laugh....that's too good.
+1, Purrin's got the whole pirate branding down to a science!post #3469 of 353410/23/12 at 8:22am
Well bang for buck is always dependent on what you use to compare. Anyways, I always thought the HD700 was a bit of a marketing ploy to bump the HD800 retail back up and to fill the gap between the HD650's official retail vs the HD800's official retailpost #3470 of 353410/27/12 at 9:10ampost #3471 of 35341/17/13 at 10:06pm
This thread died off really fast.
I did get a chance to audition these and I didn't think they were terrible...
That being said, the treble was off/shrill and I certainly expected more out of a 1K headphone. I thought the mids on down sounded pretty good though!
post #3472 of 35341/18/13 at 3:56pm
Really? I listened to them in a closed room at an audio shop for quite a while and they sounded very artificial to me. I've never heard the HE-6, but the T1 and HD800 sounded way better than they 700, to my ears. What did you prefer about them?Quote:Originally Posted by zenpunk
I bought my pair at Harrods during their special 10% off day... I went there to check the Ultasone SignaturePro and nearly didn't bother checking the HD700 after reading the negative comments here. I am very pleased I did. I was so impressed that I returned the next to make sure I heard correctly and decided to buy them. I definately prefer those to the T1 and HD800 and I enjoy them as much as my H-6post #3473 of 35341/18/13 at 4:19pm
Hey all.. I really think it depends on the source and amplification. Yes, they can be bright but with my Bifrost/Lyr combo with some Amperex Orange Globe tubes, the HD700 are simply wonderful. It took some tube experimentation but I got there. Great dynamics, bass, mids and highs. Great across most genures from Deadmou5 to classic Frank Sinatra and shine with Patricia Barber and even Lindsey Stirling. Of all the headphones I've owned (about half a dozen or so), they're by far my favourite. Given that, Im looking for a complimentary pair.. probably the HE500 or LCD2.
Happy Listening!post #3474 of 35341/18/13 at 4:36pm
I think this illustrates clearly that opinions are just that, opinions. You should always audition a headphone before you buy it, even if the reviews on here or elsewhere are universally moving in one direction.
9 out of 10 people could despise a headphone from sound quality to comfort, but 1 in that 10 just might just love it. Everyone appreciates different things sonically, you might be that 1 in 10. Headphones are a very personal experience, go try things out...you never know what you might like!post #3475 of 35341/18/13 at 5:28pmpost #3476 of 35341/18/13 at 6:14pm
They're different and I think they're better in every way. YMMV. I sold my HD650 after I had the HD700 for about a month. They defenitely do not get the love the HD650 do. You really need to listen to these and decide for yourself. I auditioned them for 2 separate 1 hour sessions before I purchased them.post #3477 of 35341/21/13 at 4:38pmpost #3478 of 35341/22/13 at 7:52am
They're open so leakage should come as no surprise.
However, I also thought they didn't sound natural at all.post #3479 of 35342/6/13 at 5:59pmthis topic has bacome ridiculous ....just talking about treble's spikes....and destroying these cans(oh well just 2 people that are saying this endlessly)....
people saying they are engineers of something as a proof they are sayng the word of christ
many years ago we where talking about the hd650's veil....and dt880 and k701 where the perfect cans (and they were too much damn bright)
now hd650 has no flaws
everyone looking at graphs as they are the holy grail, not knowing there's much more about sound than those stupid graphs....why don't we judge them by the specifications on the box?...it would be much more fair
human beiings are so funny. they must have to find something to complain about....
Edited by Blasyrkh - 2/6/13 at 6:04pmpost #3480 of 35342/6/13 at 9:48pm
I bought mine in the first month. Still absolutely love them. It's so unfortunate that people spend so much time writing about perceived shortcomings rather than enjoying the music. They are stunning cans that have only gotten better over time.
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 52 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 1 minute ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 Review 1 minute ago
- › [REVIEW/TOUR] Somic MH412 + Viper4Android. The "Put Up or Shut Up"... 1 minute ago
- › FS: Audio Technica AD700X (1 day old!) 2 minutes ago
- › Headphones you regretted buying the most 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)