They look very weird. They have the cheep looks of the HD5XX series but the cup shape of the HD800.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/14/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 3post #31 of 35341/10/12 at 12:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 35341/10/12 at 12:52amQuote:
Remember, MSRP is often way higher than the street price. The 598's street price is less than half of the MSRP.post #33 of 35341/10/12 at 12:58ampost #34 of 35341/10/12 at 1:03am
When it comes to looks in headphones, personally I don't like the look HD 800's in anyway and the HD 700's look very similar, but this is only imo. Now their discontinued HE 90 on the other hand is the best looking headphone I've ever seen, simply beautiful. If I was a Sennheiser headphone designer I would do one that looked just like their HE 90 but with a wider headband. But obviously I'm not.post #35 of 35341/10/12 at 1:04ampost #36 of 35341/10/12 at 1:07amQuote:
Two (cynical) reasons:
1. This hobby is ruled by very rich middle aged guys who will happily endure massive markups for small increases in performance.
2. Sennheiser's brand name allows them to get away with it.post #37 of 35341/10/12 at 1:13amQuote:
3. We are all either crazy or have very poor will power and the companies know it and know they can get away with huge price tags.
Give it time guys I'm sure in 18 months that price tag may be down to 750 or 800. 750-800 makes it a little more doable for us middle class Joes who save up our pennies for our kit.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 1/10/12 at 1:15ampost #38 of 35341/10/12 at 1:15amQuote:
Haha so true!!!post #39 of 35341/10/12 at 1:17amQuote:
well, sorry to say, but those middle-age rich guys need to go back and study what ''common sense'' is, cause to be honest, it seems to be highly lacking in the world today.
Edited by RexAeterna - 1/10/12 at 1:18ampost #40 of 35341/10/12 at 1:18ampost #41 of 35341/10/12 at 1:35am
I would love to have one of the top headphones like the HD800 & HD700 but since all I listen to is portable players like Cowon the impedance is just to high even with a descent amp (that doesn't cost $500 or $600) to have them heard as they should be. One day I'll get a good home rig with a nice amp so I can here audio perfection its just not going to be anytime soon.post #42 of 35341/10/12 at 1:50ampost #43 of 35341/10/12 at 1:51am
wow this looks NICE~~~~ but i still want the Sennheiser HD560 T__T why everyone is 'retro'ing their basketball shoes (jordan, nike, adidas) but sennheiser din made any retro headphones~~~post #44 of 35341/10/12 at 1:52amQuote:Originally Posted by jiff
I would love to have one of the top headphones like the HD800 & HD700 but since all I listen to is portable players like Cowon the impedance is just to high even with a descent amp (that doesn't cost $500 or $600) to have them heard as they should be. One day I'll get a good home rig with a nice amp so I can here audio perfection its just not going to be anytime soon.
I think I saw that the HD700 will be 150 ohm (?). That should OK for any half decent amp. Sensitivity may be more important, i.e. dB @ 1 mW, or db @ 1 V.
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Need IEM with resistance to hiss and pops - taking suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue P1 5 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)