They look very weird. They have the cheep looks of the HD5XX series but the cup shape of the HD800.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 3post #31 of 35341/10/12 at 12:49am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 35341/10/12 at 12:52amQuote:
Remember, MSRP is often way higher than the street price. The 598's street price is less than half of the MSRP.post #33 of 35341/10/12 at 12:58ampost #34 of 35341/10/12 at 1:03am
When it comes to looks in headphones, personally I don't like the look HD 800's in anyway and the HD 700's look very similar, but this is only imo. Now their discontinued HE 90 on the other hand is the best looking headphone I've ever seen, simply beautiful. If I was a Sennheiser headphone designer I would do one that looked just like their HE 90 but with a wider headband. But obviously I'm not.post #35 of 35341/10/12 at 1:04ampost #36 of 35341/10/12 at 1:07amQuote:
Two (cynical) reasons:
1. This hobby is ruled by very rich middle aged guys who will happily endure massive markups for small increases in performance.
2. Sennheiser's brand name allows them to get away with it.post #37 of 35341/10/12 at 1:13amQuote:
3. We are all either crazy or have very poor will power and the companies know it and know they can get away with huge price tags.
Give it time guys I'm sure in 18 months that price tag may be down to 750 or 800. 750-800 makes it a little more doable for us middle class Joes who save up our pennies for our kit.
Edited by DigitalFreak - 1/10/12 at 1:15ampost #38 of 35341/10/12 at 1:15amQuote:
Haha so true!!!post #39 of 35341/10/12 at 1:17amQuote:
well, sorry to say, but those middle-age rich guys need to go back and study what ''common sense'' is, cause to be honest, it seems to be highly lacking in the world today.
Edited by RexAeterna - 1/10/12 at 1:18ampost #40 of 35341/10/12 at 1:18ampost #41 of 35341/10/12 at 1:35am
I would love to have one of the top headphones like the HD800 & HD700 but since all I listen to is portable players like Cowon the impedance is just to high even with a descent amp (that doesn't cost $500 or $600) to have them heard as they should be. One day I'll get a good home rig with a nice amp so I can here audio perfection its just not going to be anytime soon.post #42 of 35341/10/12 at 1:50ampost #43 of 35341/10/12 at 1:51am
wow this looks NICE~~~~ but i still want the Sennheiser HD560 T__T why everyone is 'retro'ing their basketball shoes (jordan, nike, adidas) but sennheiser din made any retro headphones~~~post #44 of 35341/10/12 at 1:52amQuote:Originally Posted by jiff
I would love to have one of the top headphones like the HD800 & HD700 but since all I listen to is portable players like Cowon the impedance is just to high even with a descent amp (that doesn't cost $500 or $600) to have them heard as they should be. One day I'll get a good home rig with a nice amp so I can here audio perfection its just not going to be anytime soon.
I think I saw that the HD700 will be 150 ohm (?). That should OK for any half decent amp. Sensitivity may be more important, i.e. dB @ 1 mW, or db @ 1 V.
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Philips FIdelio X2?! just now
- › Studio Monitor Subwoofer 14 seconds ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Walkman NWZ F886 officialy announced!! [192khz/24bits] 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K712 pro VS Sony MA900 VS Beyerdynamic 990 pro 250ohm //... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)