These are what the HD 800s should have looked like.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 35441/10/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
First of all, it is true. Second, the increase in price must have been supported by the sales record of the HD800s. A business is out there to make profits and if the increase in price would have caused enough decrease in demand to decrease profits, then Sennheiser wouldn't have raised the price.post #198 of 35441/10/12 at 12:34pmpost #199 of 35441/10/12 at 12:39pm
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?post #200 of 35441/10/12 at 12:57pmpost #201 of 35441/10/12 at 1:03pm
Those are rather nice looking, they appear to be going for a Sci-Fi look for these. Too bad they're more than I'm willing to pay right now. Perhaps in the future...
Unrelated, but nice Descent avatar Asr.post #202 of 35441/10/12 at 1:03pm
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.post #203 of 35441/10/12 at 1:04pmpost #204 of 35441/10/12 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Butter123
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.
I see Beyer as sort of the GM Hey, GM makes a few good cars too.
post #205 of 35441/10/12 at 1:14pm
Personally, I'd say Beyer = Volkswagen. When you get a good one, you'll love it and it will last forever. But if you get a bad one, get ready...post #206 of 35441/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #207 of 35441/10/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Agree. VW is a better analogy.post #208 of 35441/10/12 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikiphile
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?
The Hd650 is as far as I know a popular headphone than the AKG K701. I owned the K701 but sold it, the HD650 is imo much better (too bad because the K701 is really cheap now!). I also preferred the K601 to the K701, more musical. AKG in the old days, now that were some awesome headphones.post #209 of 35441/10/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
There's such a thing as a good VW?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Stax phones with Sorbothane: Lambdas, SRXIII Pro, SR003,... 2 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › What does "organic" mean? (with respect to headphone sound signatures) 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 3 minutes ago
- › Uplifting Trance reccomendations 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2