These are what the HD 800s should have looked like.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 35441/10/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
First of all, it is true. Second, the increase in price must have been supported by the sales record of the HD800s. A business is out there to make profits and if the increase in price would have caused enough decrease in demand to decrease profits, then Sennheiser wouldn't have raised the price.post #198 of 35441/10/12 at 12:34pmpost #199 of 35441/10/12 at 12:39pm
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?post #200 of 35441/10/12 at 12:57pmpost #201 of 35441/10/12 at 1:03pm
Those are rather nice looking, they appear to be going for a Sci-Fi look for these. Too bad they're more than I'm willing to pay right now. Perhaps in the future...
Unrelated, but nice Descent avatar Asr.post #202 of 35441/10/12 at 1:03pm
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.post #203 of 35441/10/12 at 1:04pmpost #204 of 35441/10/12 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Butter123
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.
I see Beyer as sort of the GM Hey, GM makes a few good cars too.
post #205 of 35441/10/12 at 1:14pm
Personally, I'd say Beyer = Volkswagen. When you get a good one, you'll love it and it will last forever. But if you get a bad one, get ready...post #206 of 35441/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #207 of 35441/10/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Agree. VW is a better analogy.post #208 of 35441/10/12 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikiphile
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?
The Hd650 is as far as I know a popular headphone than the AKG K701. I owned the K701 but sold it, the HD650 is imo much better (too bad because the K701 is really cheap now!). I also preferred the K601 to the K701, more musical. AKG in the old days, now that were some awesome headphones.post #209 of 35441/10/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
There's such a thing as a good VW?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › [FS] AKG K7xx 2 minutes ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...