These are what the HD 800s should have looked like.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 35341/10/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
First of all, it is true. Second, the increase in price must have been supported by the sales record of the HD800s. A business is out there to make profits and if the increase in price would have caused enough decrease in demand to decrease profits, then Sennheiser wouldn't have raised the price.post #198 of 35341/10/12 at 12:34pmpost #199 of 35341/10/12 at 12:39pm
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?post #200 of 35341/10/12 at 12:57pmpost #201 of 35341/10/12 at 1:03pm
Those are rather nice looking, they appear to be going for a Sci-Fi look for these. Too bad they're more than I'm willing to pay right now. Perhaps in the future...
Unrelated, but nice Descent avatar Asr.post #202 of 35341/10/12 at 1:03pm
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.post #203 of 35341/10/12 at 1:04pmpost #204 of 35341/10/12 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Butter123
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.
I see Beyer as sort of the GM Hey, GM makes a few good cars too.
post #205 of 35341/10/12 at 1:14pm
Personally, I'd say Beyer = Volkswagen. When you get a good one, you'll love it and it will last forever. But if you get a bad one, get ready...post #206 of 35341/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #207 of 35341/10/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Agree. VW is a better analogy.post #208 of 35341/10/12 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikiphile
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?
The Hd650 is as far as I know a popular headphone than the AKG K701. I owned the K701 but sold it, the HD650 is imo much better (too bad because the K701 is really cheap now!). I also preferred the K601 to the K701, more musical. AKG in the old days, now that were some awesome headphones.post #209 of 35341/10/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
There's such a thing as a good VW?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Hugo 9 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 45 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Yulong Sabre A18 Reference headphone amp 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)