These are what the HD 800s should have looked like.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 35341/10/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
First of all, it is true. Second, the increase in price must have been supported by the sales record of the HD800s. A business is out there to make profits and if the increase in price would have caused enough decrease in demand to decrease profits, then Sennheiser wouldn't have raised the price.post #198 of 35341/10/12 at 12:34pmpost #199 of 35341/10/12 at 12:39pm
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?post #200 of 35341/10/12 at 12:57pmpost #201 of 35341/10/12 at 1:03pm
Those are rather nice looking, they appear to be going for a Sci-Fi look for these. Too bad they're more than I'm willing to pay right now. Perhaps in the future...
Unrelated, but nice Descent avatar Asr.post #202 of 35341/10/12 at 1:03pm
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.post #203 of 35341/10/12 at 1:04pmpost #204 of 35341/10/12 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Butter123
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.
I see Beyer as sort of the GM Hey, GM makes a few good cars too.
post #205 of 35341/10/12 at 1:14pm
Personally, I'd say Beyer = Volkswagen. When you get a good one, you'll love it and it will last forever. But if you get a bad one, get ready...post #206 of 35341/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #207 of 35341/10/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Agree. VW is a better analogy.post #208 of 35341/10/12 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikiphile
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?
The Hd650 is as far as I know a popular headphone than the AKG K701. I owned the K701 but sold it, the HD650 is imo much better (too bad because the K701 is really cheap now!). I also preferred the K601 to the K701, more musical. AKG in the old days, now that were some awesome headphones.post #209 of 35341/10/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
There's such a thing as a good VW?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 13 seconds ago
- › Wow! Sennheiser HD 540 Reference are so good. 37 seconds ago
- › I am missing the buttons for the reply editor. 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Liquid Gold - 2014 2 minutes ago
- › getting a better sound out of my iPod classic 160gb 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › "Colouration" of a DAP's sound - How does it work? 2 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)