These are what the HD 800s should have looked like.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 14
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 35441/10/12 at 12:29pmQuote:
First of all, it is true. Second, the increase in price must have been supported by the sales record of the HD800s. A business is out there to make profits and if the increase in price would have caused enough decrease in demand to decrease profits, then Sennheiser wouldn't have raised the price.post #198 of 35441/10/12 at 12:34pmpost #199 of 35441/10/12 at 12:39pm
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?post #200 of 35441/10/12 at 12:57pmpost #201 of 35441/10/12 at 1:03pm
Those are rather nice looking, they appear to be going for a Sci-Fi look for these. Too bad they're more than I'm willing to pay right now. Perhaps in the future...
Unrelated, but nice Descent avatar Asr.post #202 of 35441/10/12 at 1:03pm
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.post #203 of 35441/10/12 at 1:04pmpost #204 of 35441/10/12 at 1:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Butter123
I view sennheiser as the mercedes-benz of headphone and other brands such as beyerdynamic and denon as BMW and Lexus. Even though they are in the same class, sennheiser will always have a slight advantage over it's competitors just like how people view mercedes to BMW, IMO.
I see Beyer as sort of the GM Hey, GM makes a few good cars too.
post #205 of 35441/10/12 at 1:14pm
Personally, I'd say Beyer = Volkswagen. When you get a good one, you'll love it and it will last forever. But if you get a bad one, get ready...post #206 of 35441/10/12 at 1:15pmpost #207 of 35441/10/12 at 1:20pmQuote:
Agree. VW is a better analogy.post #208 of 35441/10/12 at 1:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by mikiphile
Didnt see the specs (if they are even out yet) but are they supposed to be the Sennheiser's equivalent to AKG's K701 (K702, Q701) , what do you guys think. Since reviews suggest that the HD650s are slightly below 701 in performance, should these cans, given their price, be better than the K701 (i believe so)?
The Hd650 is as far as I know a popular headphone than the AKG K701. I owned the K701 but sold it, the HD650 is imo much better (too bad because the K701 is really cheap now!). I also preferred the K601 to the K701, more musical. AKG in the old days, now that were some awesome headphones.post #209 of 35441/10/12 at 1:29pmQuote:
There's such a thing as a good VW?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 35 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 57 seconds ago
- › Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers... 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Trinity Audio Engineering 3 minutes ago
- › Lime Ears appreciation, discussion, and review thread - introducing... 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 7 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 7 minutes ago
- › HE-400 VS HE400i VS Fidelio X2 (Need Input) 7 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 12 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 13 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2