Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 123

post #1831 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumonron View Post

Really love the following picture of the HD700. Why are people saying it's plastic...I thought it was made of Zinc?

 

Sennheiser-HD-700.jpg

 

 



i dont know why but the lighting used to make these show really make it more appealing to me. *i should stop judging so much zzz*

post #1832 of 3534

Hah, well. I'm one of the people (I think there are a few of us) who thinks the HD650s look good and are pretty durable, and these look like those but with some HD800 DNA. Seems like a pretty great combination to me.

post #1833 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperbombers View Post


And honestly i'm not really a huge fan of the plastic construction even if its sandwiched together with many different materials to stop *vibrations*. Too bad it'd be too late to bother to change the entire design again to satisfy everyones needs.
 

 



Unfortunately people seem to think of plastic as "cheap" where, in truth, a modern plastic is far far better than metal or wood.

 

It just depends on the grade of plastic used - a modern aerospace grade polymer (plastic) is an excellent material to make headphones from.

 

And I am sure that most people would not like Sennheiser to downgrade the sound quality of the headphones just to satisfy the few people around who erroneously think that metal and wood are better materials than a top grade polymer or just prefer how their headphones "look" rather than how they "sound".

 

 

 

post #1834 of 3534

I have just been talking to my contact at Sennheiser UK - she tells me that they *will* be having the new HD 700 on show at the Bristol Hi-Fi Show on Friday / Saturday / Sunday this week.

 

There will also be a Grace m903 on the Sennheiser stand at the show to listen to the HD 700 / HD 800 on. L3000.gif

 

So - any UK based people who want to see and hear them - this is the place to go.

 

Release models in the shops will be late march in the UK I think.

 

 

post #1835 of 3534

 Do we have a likely release date for this futuristic looking headphone yet?

post #1836 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by wink View Post

What sort of feedback do you think Sennheiser got back from those who had the pre-production versions?


We've all pretty much posted our honest feedback somewhere in this thread, though it got buried pretty quickly. Basically we all said some variation of:

 

Sounds pretty good, like the comfort, could be cheaper in price, could still be smoother, like the balance of bass to treble, easier to drive than HD800, plastic construction will probably be perceived as cheap by some users.... I think that's the general feedback we gave. Some of us really liked them a lot, some just thought they were pretty good but not great. Pretty much what you would expect from a diverse group of users.

 

Nobody seemed to hate them though, or at least they weren't honest about it if they did. But the group was comprised of individuals who I have no doubt would be willing to say directly to Sennheiser - "These are not as good as the competition". I don't recall anyone saying that, and I think the general consensus was that they compete with the LCD-2, HE-500, and other similar class headphones, though each has its own strengths and thus will attract fans. 

 


Seems like this "diverse" group mainly consisted of Summit-Fiers. Still awaiting thoughts on how the HD700 stacks against the lowly flagships of old and from the perspective of someone not entrenched in the rarified heights of end game rigs.

 

post #1837 of 3534


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer n roar View Post

 Do we have a likely release date for this futuristic looking headphone yet?


It's slated to be released sometime in mid to late March.

 

post #1838 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post

Seems like this "diverse" group mainly consisted of Summit-Fiers. Still awaiting thoughts on how the HD700 stacks against the lowly flagships of old and from the perspective of someone not entrenched in the rarified heights of end game rigs.


Ah, but who better to get feedback from, than those who have quite a bit of experience with different gear and headphones?

 

post #1839 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital-Pride View Post


Ah, but who better to get feedback from, than those who have quite a bit of experience with different gear and headphones?

 



so true. but our patience becomes very poor for long awaited products that intrigue us. Sadly people like myself have to find a way to be patient about something that is so costly. 
Should i be glad that i limited my credit limit? Probably, but that means i cant make huge purchases like these until the Street price / MRSP goes down.

post #1840 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer n roar View Post

 Do we have a likely release date for this futuristic looking headphone yet?



Sennheiser UK told me "late March" (as I said above).

post #1841 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperbombers View Post



..... but that means i cant make huge purchases like these until the Street price / MRSP goes down.

 

But the HD 800 has not gone down after three years - be prepared for a looooooong wait.


 

 

post #1842 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperbombers View Post



so true. but our patience becomes very poor for long awaited products that intrigue us. Sadly people like myself have to find a way to be patient about something that is so costly. 
Should i be glad that i limited my credit limit? Probably, but that means i cant make huge purchases like these until the Street price / MRSP goes down.



Look at it this way, you can warm your ears up with the HD600 or HD650.tongue.gif

post #1843 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital-Pride View Post



Look at it this way, you can warm your ears up with the HD600 or HD650.tongue.gif



 

 

Quote:
John Willet: But the HD 800 has not gone down after three years - be prepared for a looooooong wait.

you two make me cry inside. I might as well make custom ear muff'd headphones now TT_TT
 

 

post #1844 of 3534

There is a review of the HD 700 in the March edition of the german AUDIO magazine.If you want to download,you need to pay for it...of course!

Maybe some members living in Germany know more???

post #1845 of 3534
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer616 View Post

There is a review of the HD 700 in the March edition of the german AUDIO magazine.If you want to download,you need to pay for it...of course!

Maybe some members living in Germany know more???



Interesting - but it would be a review of a pre-production sample, of course, rather than a full production model.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!