Looking forward to the rest of the post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My first introduction to Bluetooth earphones came with the Brainwavz Blu-100, and whilst...
Hi my name is Andrew Reddog Jones, I have been into this fantastic hobby for almost two years. I mostly take care of my mother and sometimes fix vcrs. Today I plan on doing a review oh HIFIMAN's...
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 2post #16 of 35441/9/12 at 11:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 35441/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #18 of 35441/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #19 of 35441/10/12 at 12:05ampost #20 of 35441/10/12 at 12:08amQuote:Originally Posted by jude
[...]And here's where it gets real interesting for me: The HD 700 also scores a draw with the HD 800 sonically in many ways, hitting a combination of little wins and losses against its more seasoned sibling that nets out to a headphone I consider every bit the HD 800's peer, on balance…(To be continued later tonight.)
Such a tease. More pics to go along with the impressions please Jude.post #21 of 35441/10/12 at 12:10ampost #22 of 35441/10/12 at 12:22am
Sounds promising. Though I still really dislike the look of the headband. Just looks too ordinary and low end to me. Reminiscent of clunky DJ headphones or cheaper Sennheiser gear. Still, sonic capability is what actually counts, and based on Jude's short take, it sounds like it should deliver in this respect. Can't wait to read more.post #23 of 35441/10/12 at 12:22ampost #24 of 35441/10/12 at 12:23ampost #25 of 35441/10/12 at 12:24am
I wonder how the HD700 performs in the mainstream music category. The HD800 are truly superb headphones, especially in regard to its unrivaled soundstage, but it just wasn't right for my favorite pop or rock music that demanded heavy bass and fast PRaT. The T1, for example, fared better in such ways, and in the end I ended up buying the LCD-2. In terms of price I'd say the LCD-2 and HD700 are in the same league, but I always felt the LCD-2 was in the same league, if not better than the HD800 sonic-wise.
HE-6 is the flagship headphone of Hifiman, but it was its junior model HE-500 that has ultimately got more love because of its compatibility with a wider range of genre for a wider group of consumers. Will the same thing happen with HD800 and HD700? I'll stay tuned.post #26 of 35441/10/12 at 12:25ampost #27 of 35441/10/12 at 12:28amQuote:
Based on it's aesthetic design alone, I think it will be a mix of the HD650 and HD800. If we look purely on shape, texture and style, the headband design, the colour, the grain of the paint etc, all reminiscent of the HD600/650, which suggests a perhaps darker or less crystaline sonic presentation. Then the actual shape of the ear cups, wide, angular and futuristic like the HD800's, points towards the same detail emphasised wide soundstage design. Naturally this is all just assumption based, but if their designers actually really read in to these sorts of things, it could be so. Silver, metal, sharp or angular objects to me are symbolic of articulation, detail, finesse etc (HD800). Whereas carbon, matt, smokey (etc) colours and textures could symbolise something darker, more bass emphasised or more laid back.
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm certainly interested to see if the aesthetics have any correlation with the sound signature. Might be completely un-related, but you never know.post #28 of 35441/10/12 at 12:30ampost #29 of 35441/10/12 at 12:36amQuote:
Just as an HD-700 might go for about what a new msrp hd650 goes for ($600). So if you think about it, its actually proportioned.
Either way, it's way out of my budget range ;/
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › TTVJAudio new headphone loaner programs 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 6 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2