Looking forward to the rest of the post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Pictures to be added shortly... Introduction Why am I here? Am I seeking an endgame all-in-one audio device? Am I seeking an amplifier for every conceivable, non-electrostatic headphone? Am...
Great quality to be expected of a Fiio product, the cable works as intended and feels nice in the hand. There`s no strain relief on the 30pin connector, perhaps it`s to increase pliability?...
Feliks Audio Espressivo A Foot Tappin', Head Shakin' Tube Amp | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION A Diamond In The Rough Feliks Audio is a family company...
Intro I've been searching for a pair of headphones to use on commutes for years. I started with the Skullcandy Hesh in middle school which broke after several months. After that i came across...
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 2post #16 of 35441/9/12 at 11:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 35441/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #18 of 35441/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #19 of 35441/10/12 at 12:05ampost #20 of 35441/10/12 at 12:08amQuote:Originally Posted by jude
[...]And here's where it gets real interesting for me: The HD 700 also scores a draw with the HD 800 sonically in many ways, hitting a combination of little wins and losses against its more seasoned sibling that nets out to a headphone I consider every bit the HD 800's peer, on balance…(To be continued later tonight.)
Such a tease. More pics to go along with the impressions please Jude.post #21 of 35441/10/12 at 12:10ampost #22 of 35441/10/12 at 12:22am
Sounds promising. Though I still really dislike the look of the headband. Just looks too ordinary and low end to me. Reminiscent of clunky DJ headphones or cheaper Sennheiser gear. Still, sonic capability is what actually counts, and based on Jude's short take, it sounds like it should deliver in this respect. Can't wait to read more.post #23 of 35441/10/12 at 12:22ampost #24 of 35441/10/12 at 12:23ampost #25 of 35441/10/12 at 12:24am
I wonder how the HD700 performs in the mainstream music category. The HD800 are truly superb headphones, especially in regard to its unrivaled soundstage, but it just wasn't right for my favorite pop or rock music that demanded heavy bass and fast PRaT. The T1, for example, fared better in such ways, and in the end I ended up buying the LCD-2. In terms of price I'd say the LCD-2 and HD700 are in the same league, but I always felt the LCD-2 was in the same league, if not better than the HD800 sonic-wise.
HE-6 is the flagship headphone of Hifiman, but it was its junior model HE-500 that has ultimately got more love because of its compatibility with a wider range of genre for a wider group of consumers. Will the same thing happen with HD800 and HD700? I'll stay tuned.post #26 of 35441/10/12 at 12:25ampost #27 of 35441/10/12 at 12:28amQuote:
Based on it's aesthetic design alone, I think it will be a mix of the HD650 and HD800. If we look purely on shape, texture and style, the headband design, the colour, the grain of the paint etc, all reminiscent of the HD600/650, which suggests a perhaps darker or less crystaline sonic presentation. Then the actual shape of the ear cups, wide, angular and futuristic like the HD800's, points towards the same detail emphasised wide soundstage design. Naturally this is all just assumption based, but if their designers actually really read in to these sorts of things, it could be so. Silver, metal, sharp or angular objects to me are symbolic of articulation, detail, finesse etc (HD800). Whereas carbon, matt, smokey (etc) colours and textures could symbolise something darker, more bass emphasised or more laid back.
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm certainly interested to see if the aesthetics have any correlation with the sound signature. Might be completely un-related, but you never know.post #28 of 35441/10/12 at 12:30ampost #29 of 35441/10/12 at 12:36amQuote:
Just as an HD-700 might go for about what a new msrp hd650 goes for ($600). So if you think about it, its actually proportioned.
Either way, it's way out of my budget range ;/
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Earbuds Round-Up 16 seconds ago
- › Hard decision about DAC 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Heaven v aging vs heaven vi for female vocals? 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 5 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 6 minutes ago
- › Simaudio 230HAD by sheldaze
- › FiiO L9 L-Shaped Line Out Dock (LOD) Cable For iPod and iPhone by ryanjsoo
- › Espressivo-E by Feliks Audio by thatonenoob
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by istirsin
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...