Looking forward to the rest of the post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 2post #16 of 35441/9/12 at 11:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 35441/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #18 of 35441/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #19 of 35441/10/12 at 12:05ampost #20 of 35441/10/12 at 12:08amQuote:Originally Posted by jude
[...]And here's where it gets real interesting for me: The HD 700 also scores a draw with the HD 800 sonically in many ways, hitting a combination of little wins and losses against its more seasoned sibling that nets out to a headphone I consider every bit the HD 800's peer, on balance…(To be continued later tonight.)
Such a tease. More pics to go along with the impressions please Jude.post #21 of 35441/10/12 at 12:10ampost #22 of 35441/10/12 at 12:22am
Sounds promising. Though I still really dislike the look of the headband. Just looks too ordinary and low end to me. Reminiscent of clunky DJ headphones or cheaper Sennheiser gear. Still, sonic capability is what actually counts, and based on Jude's short take, it sounds like it should deliver in this respect. Can't wait to read more.post #23 of 35441/10/12 at 12:22ampost #24 of 35441/10/12 at 12:23ampost #25 of 35441/10/12 at 12:24am
I wonder how the HD700 performs in the mainstream music category. The HD800 are truly superb headphones, especially in regard to its unrivaled soundstage, but it just wasn't right for my favorite pop or rock music that demanded heavy bass and fast PRaT. The T1, for example, fared better in such ways, and in the end I ended up buying the LCD-2. In terms of price I'd say the LCD-2 and HD700 are in the same league, but I always felt the LCD-2 was in the same league, if not better than the HD800 sonic-wise.
HE-6 is the flagship headphone of Hifiman, but it was its junior model HE-500 that has ultimately got more love because of its compatibility with a wider range of genre for a wider group of consumers. Will the same thing happen with HD800 and HD700? I'll stay tuned.post #26 of 35441/10/12 at 12:25ampost #27 of 35441/10/12 at 12:28amQuote:
Based on it's aesthetic design alone, I think it will be a mix of the HD650 and HD800. If we look purely on shape, texture and style, the headband design, the colour, the grain of the paint etc, all reminiscent of the HD600/650, which suggests a perhaps darker or less crystaline sonic presentation. Then the actual shape of the ear cups, wide, angular and futuristic like the HD800's, points towards the same detail emphasised wide soundstage design. Naturally this is all just assumption based, but if their designers actually really read in to these sorts of things, it could be so. Silver, metal, sharp or angular objects to me are symbolic of articulation, detail, finesse etc (HD800). Whereas carbon, matt, smokey (etc) colours and textures could symbolise something darker, more bass emphasised or more laid back.
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm certainly interested to see if the aesthetics have any correlation with the sound signature. Might be completely un-related, but you never know.post #28 of 35441/10/12 at 12:30ampost #29 of 35441/10/12 at 12:36amQuote:
Just as an HD-700 might go for about what a new msrp hd650 goes for ($600). So if you think about it, its actually proportioned.
Either way, it's way out of my budget range ;/
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 8 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 42 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD HE Series: HE-9, HE-7, HE-1, HE-350 1 minute ago
- › UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April) 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2