Looking forward to the rest of the post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
As a precautionary remark: this is the first headphone review I have ever written - although I have read a lot of them; moreover these are the first pair of headphones I own in this price class,...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 2post #16 of 35341/9/12 at 11:55pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 35341/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #18 of 35341/9/12 at 11:56pmpost #19 of 35341/10/12 at 12:05ampost #20 of 35341/10/12 at 12:08amQuote:Originally Posted by jude
[...]And here's where it gets real interesting for me: The HD 700 also scores a draw with the HD 800 sonically in many ways, hitting a combination of little wins and losses against its more seasoned sibling that nets out to a headphone I consider every bit the HD 800's peer, on balance…(To be continued later tonight.)
Such a tease. More pics to go along with the impressions please Jude.post #21 of 35341/10/12 at 12:10ampost #22 of 35341/10/12 at 12:22am
Sounds promising. Though I still really dislike the look of the headband. Just looks too ordinary and low end to me. Reminiscent of clunky DJ headphones or cheaper Sennheiser gear. Still, sonic capability is what actually counts, and based on Jude's short take, it sounds like it should deliver in this respect. Can't wait to read more.post #23 of 35341/10/12 at 12:22ampost #24 of 35341/10/12 at 12:23ampost #25 of 35341/10/12 at 12:24am
I wonder how the HD700 performs in the mainstream music category. The HD800 are truly superb headphones, especially in regard to its unrivaled soundstage, but it just wasn't right for my favorite pop or rock music that demanded heavy bass and fast PRaT. The T1, for example, fared better in such ways, and in the end I ended up buying the LCD-2. In terms of price I'd say the LCD-2 and HD700 are in the same league, but I always felt the LCD-2 was in the same league, if not better than the HD800 sonic-wise.
HE-6 is the flagship headphone of Hifiman, but it was its junior model HE-500 that has ultimately got more love because of its compatibility with a wider range of genre for a wider group of consumers. Will the same thing happen with HD800 and HD700? I'll stay tuned.post #26 of 35341/10/12 at 12:25ampost #27 of 35341/10/12 at 12:28amQuote:
Based on it's aesthetic design alone, I think it will be a mix of the HD650 and HD800. If we look purely on shape, texture and style, the headband design, the colour, the grain of the paint etc, all reminiscent of the HD600/650, which suggests a perhaps darker or less crystaline sonic presentation. Then the actual shape of the ear cups, wide, angular and futuristic like the HD800's, points towards the same detail emphasised wide soundstage design. Naturally this is all just assumption based, but if their designers actually really read in to these sorts of things, it could be so. Silver, metal, sharp or angular objects to me are symbolic of articulation, detail, finesse etc (HD800). Whereas carbon, matt, smokey (etc) colours and textures could symbolise something darker, more bass emphasised or more laid back.
I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I'm certainly interested to see if the aesthetics have any correlation with the sound signature. Might be completely un-related, but you never know.post #28 of 35341/10/12 at 12:30ampost #29 of 35341/10/12 at 12:36amQuote:
Just as an HD-700 might go for about what a new msrp hd650 goes for ($600). So if you think about it, its actually proportioned.
Either way, it's way out of my budget range ;/
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 20 seconds ago
- › Yulong DAH-1 Mk I Used 47 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › Mo-Fi Headphones from Blue Microphones: Multi-link, Amplified... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Lawton tuning - anyone have the instructions? 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Which fit me? 4 minutes ago
- › What are good over ear headphones for electronic music and nice... 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Pioneer MASTER-1s by kuantings
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)