I also think they should stick to more minimalistic look of HD580 HD600 HD650 well atleast it looks more like a headphone than HD800. But ofcourse sound is more important than looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
The VSD5 is the next earphone to follow up on the successful release of the very popular VSD3/VSD3s. From afar the VSD5 looks eerily similar with their older/younger brother, the VSD3/VSD3s....
Company Name: Sound Blaster Company Website: http://us.creative.com/p/sound-blaster/sound-blaster-e5 Amp Model: E5 Impedance: Low Gain: 2.2-300 Ohm, High Gain 300-600 Ohm SNR: 120dB THD:...
I had only tried IEM's bought at local stores until I got these, and they were a huge upgrade. In fact, I would argue these are the best set you could have bought at the time for the price. They...
Got this as a gift from the girlfriend, sadly it is WAY too powerful for nearfield and will be selling it for a much less powerful model. Quality issues with a slightly sticky pot which went away...
For larger (1200 x 800) images - simply click the photo INTRODUCTION I don’t think there would be many people of my vintage who are into computer audio, and haven’t heard of Creative Labs. My...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 8post #106 of 35441/10/12 at 6:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 35441/10/12 at 6:50am
I don't understand the comments about how it looks either.
It's a large, OPEN, full size, circumaural headphone costing a large amount of $$$$.
Who the hell else is going to see it apart from you and your dog. Okay, maybe one or two other people, but that's it !!post #108 of 35441/10/12 at 6:53ampost #109 of 35441/10/12 at 7:07am
Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere. Here's a pdf on the HD700 from Sennheiser's own website :
They seem to insist quite strongly in their promotional material on its "musical" and "warm" sound, as if to make amends for the HD800 and cater for the HD600 / HD650 crowd.post #110 of 35441/10/12 at 7:16am
They took a huge risk. $500 is not a huge margin for one not to go with the HD800. They should have made a new flag ship and instead lowered the HD 800 prices.
If I ever save enough I would buy the HD 800 and skip the HD 700. The gap is just not enough!post #111 of 35441/10/12 at 7:25ampost #112 of 35441/10/12 at 7:25ampost #113 of 35441/10/12 at 7:26amQuote:
That's what I thought until I saw the prices of HD800 spare parts. 150$ for just the cable!post #114 of 35441/10/12 at 7:31ampost #115 of 35441/10/12 at 7:32ampost #116 of 35441/10/12 at 7:38am
That might be a concern of mine. Would have to try them and really see how it will fit on my ears which needs width on top.post #117 of 35441/10/12 at 7:39amQuote:
I have seen HD 800 recable with cardas going for 1400. If we want to look at it that way then the only flagship with cheapest parts would be the k702. I dont think HD 800 will break easily if you are going to use it for 1-2 hours a day at home.post #118 of 35441/10/12 at 7:46ampost #119 of 35441/10/12 at 7:55am
As the Senn HD 700 is coming with copper cable it might "tame" the brightness and deliver a somewhat better bass experience than HD 800, but its difficult to see how the HD 700 will be a totally different headphone from HD 800.
What we want is a new version of HD 650 for the same price with better treble extension?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › W40 for $370 or Noble Savant for $599 9 seconds ago
- › Should I be going for wireless headphones with a mic or headphones... 20 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 1 minute ago
- › ATH-M50x - THE BEST HEADPHONES UNDER $250? 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Help with headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB 15.32 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD5: Sony EX 1000's Adopted Cousin by Tom22
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by whitedragon551
- › Lenntek Sonix 3 w/ Microphone by Incognito101
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by yay101
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by Brooko
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by rasmushorn
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2