I also think they should stick to more minimalistic look of HD580 HD600 HD650 well atleast it looks more like a headphone than HD800. But ofcourse sound is more important than looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 11/10/16 at 12:10am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
At the time this review was written, the 1More MK802 bluetooth headphone was listed for sale on 1More’s and Amazon’s website. Here are links for more information and...
I first had the chance to audition these at the Wikia meet in San Francisco, taking them around and trying them in different rigs. For $4000, they had a lot to live up to. While on the...
Magaosi K3 Pro Review: Triple Threat Magaosi is another Chinese IEM maker to burst onto the Chi-Fi scene. While its IEM portfolio is shallow, it is not without quality. Their new triple-driver...
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 8post #106 of 35451/10/12 at 6:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 35451/10/12 at 6:50am
I don't understand the comments about how it looks either.
It's a large, OPEN, full size, circumaural headphone costing a large amount of $$$$.
Who the hell else is going to see it apart from you and your dog. Okay, maybe one or two other people, but that's it !!post #108 of 35451/10/12 at 6:53ampost #109 of 35451/10/12 at 7:07am
Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere. Here's a pdf on the HD700 from Sennheiser's own website :
They seem to insist quite strongly in their promotional material on its "musical" and "warm" sound, as if to make amends for the HD800 and cater for the HD600 / HD650 crowd.post #110 of 35451/10/12 at 7:16am
They took a huge risk. $500 is not a huge margin for one not to go with the HD800. They should have made a new flag ship and instead lowered the HD 800 prices.
If I ever save enough I would buy the HD 800 and skip the HD 700. The gap is just not enough!post #111 of 35451/10/12 at 7:25ampost #112 of 35451/10/12 at 7:25ampost #113 of 35451/10/12 at 7:26amQuote:
That's what I thought until I saw the prices of HD800 spare parts. 150$ for just the cable!post #114 of 35451/10/12 at 7:31ampost #115 of 35451/10/12 at 7:32ampost #116 of 35451/10/12 at 7:38am
That might be a concern of mine. Would have to try them and really see how it will fit on my ears which needs width on top.post #117 of 35451/10/12 at 7:39amQuote:
I have seen HD 800 recable with cardas going for 1400. If we want to look at it that way then the only flagship with cheapest parts would be the k702. I dont think HD 800 will break easily if you are going to use it for 1-2 hours a day at home.post #118 of 35451/10/12 at 7:46ampost #119 of 35451/10/12 at 7:55am
As the Senn HD 700 is coming with copper cable it might "tame" the brightness and deliver a somewhat better bass experience than HD 800, but its difficult to see how the HD 700 will be a totally different headphone from HD 800.
What we want is a new version of HD 650 for the same price with better treble extension?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 8 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) 26 seconds ago
- › best rubycon blackgate's alternative 30 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 5 minutes ago
- › R2R DA M1 Ultracap powered build 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE MK802 Bluetooth Wireless Over-Ear Headphones with Apple iOS... by Hisoundfi
- › Focal Utopia by Currawong
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by Cinder
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear