I also think they should stick to more minimalistic look of HD580 HD600 HD650 well atleast it looks more like a headphone than HD800. But ofcourse sound is more important than looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content here may be a no-brainer for most but is just there for the less-informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 8post #106 of 35441/10/12 at 6:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 35441/10/12 at 6:50am
I don't understand the comments about how it looks either.
It's a large, OPEN, full size, circumaural headphone costing a large amount of $$$$.
Who the hell else is going to see it apart from you and your dog. Okay, maybe one or two other people, but that's it !!post #108 of 35441/10/12 at 6:53ampost #109 of 35441/10/12 at 7:07am
Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere. Here's a pdf on the HD700 from Sennheiser's own website :
They seem to insist quite strongly in their promotional material on its "musical" and "warm" sound, as if to make amends for the HD800 and cater for the HD600 / HD650 crowd.post #110 of 35441/10/12 at 7:16am
They took a huge risk. $500 is not a huge margin for one not to go with the HD800. They should have made a new flag ship and instead lowered the HD 800 prices.
If I ever save enough I would buy the HD 800 and skip the HD 700. The gap is just not enough!post #111 of 35441/10/12 at 7:25ampost #112 of 35441/10/12 at 7:25ampost #113 of 35441/10/12 at 7:26amQuote:
That's what I thought until I saw the prices of HD800 spare parts. 150$ for just the cable!post #114 of 35441/10/12 at 7:31ampost #115 of 35441/10/12 at 7:32ampost #116 of 35441/10/12 at 7:38am
That might be a concern of mine. Would have to try them and really see how it will fit on my ears which needs width on top.post #117 of 35441/10/12 at 7:39amQuote:
I have seen HD 800 recable with cardas going for 1400. If we want to look at it that way then the only flagship with cheapest parts would be the k702. I dont think HD 800 will break easily if you are going to use it for 1-2 hours a day at home.post #118 of 35441/10/12 at 7:46ampost #119 of 35441/10/12 at 7:55am
As the Senn HD 700 is coming with copper cable it might "tame" the brightness and deliver a somewhat better bass experience than HD 800, but its difficult to see how the HD 700 will be a totally different headphone from HD 800.
What we want is a new version of HD 650 for the same price with better treble extension?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 23 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 2 minutes ago
- › A Cappella recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 5 minutes ago
- › Why does quieter music require less data? (FLAC file size) 5 minutes ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 6 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...