I also think they should stick to more minimalistic look of HD580 HD600 HD650 well atleast it looks more like a headphone than HD800. But ofcourse sound is more important than looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 8post #106 of 35341/10/12 at 6:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 35341/10/12 at 6:50am
I don't understand the comments about how it looks either.
It's a large, OPEN, full size, circumaural headphone costing a large amount of $$$$.
Who the hell else is going to see it apart from you and your dog. Okay, maybe one or two other people, but that's it !!post #108 of 35341/10/12 at 6:53ampost #109 of 35341/10/12 at 7:07am
Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere. Here's a pdf on the HD700 from Sennheiser's own website :
They seem to insist quite strongly in their promotional material on its "musical" and "warm" sound, as if to make amends for the HD800 and cater for the HD600 / HD650 crowd.post #110 of 35341/10/12 at 7:16am
They took a huge risk. $500 is not a huge margin for one not to go with the HD800. They should have made a new flag ship and instead lowered the HD 800 prices.
If I ever save enough I would buy the HD 800 and skip the HD 700. The gap is just not enough!post #111 of 35341/10/12 at 7:25ampost #112 of 35341/10/12 at 7:25ampost #113 of 35341/10/12 at 7:26amQuote:
That's what I thought until I saw the prices of HD800 spare parts. 150$ for just the cable!post #114 of 35341/10/12 at 7:31ampost #115 of 35341/10/12 at 7:32ampost #116 of 35341/10/12 at 7:38am
That might be a concern of mine. Would have to try them and really see how it will fit on my ears which needs width on top.post #117 of 35341/10/12 at 7:39amQuote:
I have seen HD 800 recable with cardas going for 1400. If we want to look at it that way then the only flagship with cheapest parts would be the k702. I dont think HD 800 will break easily if you are going to use it for 1-2 hours a day at home.post #118 of 35341/10/12 at 7:46ampost #119 of 35341/10/12 at 7:55am
As the Senn HD 700 is coming with copper cable it might "tame" the brightness and deliver a somewhat better bass experience than HD 800, but its difficult to see how the HD 700 will be a totally different headphone from HD 800.
What we want is a new version of HD 650 for the same price with better treble extension?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser headphones for a mix of quality audio in music and gaming? 32 seconds ago
- › Denon ah-d600 review. 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 3 minutes ago
- › SoundMagic HP100 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 minutes ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 7 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)