I also think they should stick to more minimalistic look of HD580 HD600 HD650 well atleast it looks more like a headphone than HD800. But ofcourse sound is more important than looks.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 2/10/12
- productSennheiser HD 700 Headphonetagged by System, 2/1/12
- productSennheiser HD 800 Headphonestagged by System, 2/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Senn HD650 or HD600? Last post on 10/16/13 at 3:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2's as noisy as Open Ear Cans? Last post on 10/1/11 at 7:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- SHORT REVIEWS: Ok, now I have LCD-2, D7000... what next? Last post on 7/25/12 at 5:13am in Headphones (full-size)
- This weekend I compared Lcd2 and HD650 Last post on 5/25/14 at 6:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
So, these are quite good, actually. But I am not as impressed as I should be after paying 500 Euro. There are some very nice things here, but also some very bad ones, and some silly...
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012! - Page 8post #106 of 35441/10/12 at 6:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 35441/10/12 at 6:50am
I don't understand the comments about how it looks either.
It's a large, OPEN, full size, circumaural headphone costing a large amount of $$$$.
Who the hell else is going to see it apart from you and your dog. Okay, maybe one or two other people, but that's it !!post #108 of 35441/10/12 at 6:53ampost #109 of 35441/10/12 at 7:07am
Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere. Here's a pdf on the HD700 from Sennheiser's own website :
They seem to insist quite strongly in their promotional material on its "musical" and "warm" sound, as if to make amends for the HD800 and cater for the HD600 / HD650 crowd.post #110 of 35441/10/12 at 7:16am
They took a huge risk. $500 is not a huge margin for one not to go with the HD800. They should have made a new flag ship and instead lowered the HD 800 prices.
If I ever save enough I would buy the HD 800 and skip the HD 700. The gap is just not enough!post #111 of 35441/10/12 at 7:25ampost #112 of 35441/10/12 at 7:25ampost #113 of 35441/10/12 at 7:26amQuote:
That's what I thought until I saw the prices of HD800 spare parts. 150$ for just the cable!post #114 of 35441/10/12 at 7:31ampost #115 of 35441/10/12 at 7:32ampost #116 of 35441/10/12 at 7:38am
That might be a concern of mine. Would have to try them and really see how it will fit on my ears which needs width on top.post #117 of 35441/10/12 at 7:39amQuote:
I have seen HD 800 recable with cardas going for 1400. If we want to look at it that way then the only flagship with cheapest parts would be the k702. I dont think HD 800 will break easily if you are going to use it for 1-2 hours a day at home.post #118 of 35441/10/12 at 7:46ampost #119 of 35441/10/12 at 7:55am
As the Senn HD 700 is coming with copper cable it might "tame" the brightness and deliver a somewhat better bass experience than HD 800, but its difficult to see how the HD 700 will be a totally different headphone from HD 800.
What we want is a new version of HD 650 for the same price with better treble extension?
- Sennheiser HD 700: Officially Unveiled at CES 2012!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › ATH A900x 5 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 13 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Looking at Grado GR10E 2 minutes ago
- › Lime Ears appreciation, discussion, and review thread - introducing... 2 minutes ago
- › Are Sony MDR-F1 worth anything? 2 minutes ago
- › TOPPING NX1 Portable Headphone Amplifier Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 firmware version 1.22beta download and discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2