I'm brand new to this whole world of headphones, but I'm interested in comfort, and quality. I listen to Hard rock/Metal such as Rise Against (my fav), Red, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Egypt Central, some Underoath, A Day to Remember. I prefer over ears, but I'm open to new ideas. I've had the Bose Triports, I liked the comfort, but apparently they don't have very good quality for their price. I'm planning on selling them and buying new headphones, and I've liked the reviews of the Sennheiser HD25 and the AKG K271 MKII's. Any suggestions? I need lots of help as I am a headphone noob :P
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/11/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/26/13 at 4:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Does AKG K271 MKII raelly need an amp? And other alternatives... Last post on 11/21/11 at 11:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advice, denon d2000 or top tier universal iem? Last post on 8/18/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Phones or amp first? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?post #1 of 71/9/12 at 5:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/10/12 at 2:47pm
The HD25s are supra-aural and designed for portable use so it doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
The Denon D2000s and Beyerdynamic DT770 might be worth a look depending on what sort of sound you want.
Do you have an amp? What do you usually use your headphones with?post #3 of 71/10/12 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #4 of 71/10/12 at 5:50pmpost #5 of 71/10/12 at 6:00pmThread Starterpost #6 of 71/10/12 at 6:13pm
If you want to wear them while drumming you'll need something that will stay secure on your head.
Some version of the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is probably the best. None of the others mentioned so far except the HD25s will likely stay on your head. The E6 should be fine with the either the Beyers or the HD25spost #7 of 71/10/12 at 10:13pm
The AKG K271 MKII's are very light on the bass; I'm pretty sure they wouldn't suit your tastes in music.
Senn HD 25 I II are excellent phones, very dynamic with plenty of punch.
A lot of presence, but not overbearing at all. Good bass that totally belies their size.
One of my most listened to phones.
Also - good point someone above made about them staying on your head while drumming - they will do that.
Very durable as well. Well designed. (I often wear mine at the gym.)
Beyer 770 80 ohm - will also stay on your head, much bigger than the Senn's. BIG bottom end.
Too much in fact for me, but a lot of people like it. High quality headphones.
The Denon 2000 are exceptional sounding phones with great build quality, but they fit loosely and don't isolate well at all.
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 37 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Good Cheap Headphones That Sound Good And Can Be Worn Out In Public 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Need some help with picking new "midrange" portable over-ear... 5 minutes ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 6 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital