I'm brand new to this whole world of headphones, but I'm interested in comfort, and quality. I listen to Hard rock/Metal such as Rise Against (my fav), Red, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Egypt Central, some Underoath, A Day to Remember. I prefer over ears, but I'm open to new ideas. I've had the Bose Triports, I liked the comfort, but apparently they don't have very good quality for their price. I'm planning on selling them and buying new headphones, and I've liked the reviews of the Sennheiser HD25 and the AKG K271 MKII's. Any suggestions? I need lots of help as I am a headphone noob :P
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/11/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does AKG K271 MKII raelly need an amp? And other alternatives... Last post on 11/21/11 at 11:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advice, denon d2000 or top tier universal iem? Last post on 8/18/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Phones or amp first? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I loved these Bluetooth earphones,was pme of my best buys, I got them for a shade under $30 at https://www.chinavasion.com/. The earphones come with a bag of silicon clips and different size...
AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?post #1 of 71/9/12 at 5:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/10/12 at 2:47pm
The HD25s are supra-aural and designed for portable use so it doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
The Denon D2000s and Beyerdynamic DT770 might be worth a look depending on what sort of sound you want.
Do you have an amp? What do you usually use your headphones with?post #3 of 71/10/12 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #4 of 71/10/12 at 5:50pmpost #5 of 71/10/12 at 6:00pmThread Starterpost #6 of 71/10/12 at 6:13pm
If you want to wear them while drumming you'll need something that will stay secure on your head.
Some version of the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is probably the best. None of the others mentioned so far except the HD25s will likely stay on your head. The E6 should be fine with the either the Beyers or the HD25spost #7 of 71/10/12 at 10:13pm
The AKG K271 MKII's are very light on the bass; I'm pretty sure they wouldn't suit your tastes in music.
Senn HD 25 I II are excellent phones, very dynamic with plenty of punch.
A lot of presence, but not overbearing at all. Good bass that totally belies their size.
One of my most listened to phones.
Also - good point someone above made about them staying on your head while drumming - they will do that.
Very durable as well. Well designed. (I often wear mine at the gym.)
Beyer 770 80 ohm - will also stay on your head, much bigger than the Senn's. BIG bottom end.
Too much in fact for me, but a lot of people like it. High quality headphones.
The Denon 2000 are exceptional sounding phones with great build quality, but they fit loosely and don't isolate well at all.
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › COMPARISON / REVIEW (Part Deux) : A tale of two Sennheisers –... 32 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 45 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 47 seconds ago
- › SMSL Sanskrit - a $100 24/196 Chinese DAC 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016) 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › USB Audio Recorder PRO (UAPP): 24- and 32-bit playback, ubiquitous... 6 minutes ago
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › YHC S600 by B9Scrambler
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...