I'm brand new to this whole world of headphones, but I'm interested in comfort, and quality. I listen to Hard rock/Metal such as Rise Against (my fav), Red, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Egypt Central, some Underoath, A Day to Remember. I prefer over ears, but I'm open to new ideas. I've had the Bose Triports, I liked the comfort, but apparently they don't have very good quality for their price. I'm planning on selling them and buying new headphones, and I've liked the reviews of the Sennheiser HD25 and the AKG K271 MKII's. Any suggestions? I need lots of help as I am a headphone noob :P
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/11/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does AKG K271 MKII raelly need an amp? And other alternatives... Last post on 11/21/11 at 11:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advice, denon d2000 or top tier universal iem? Last post on 8/18/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Phones or amp first? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro:- This is my first earphone from DUNU-topsound, one of the most talked about Chinese earphone brand with some high performing earphones like DN-1000 and Dn-2000 decided to up the...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
I am believer in positive effects of a good cable and I like to try different aftermarket cables to see what sonic changes can be. I have contacted with Null Audio while I was looking for a new...
AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?post #1 of 71/9/12 at 5:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/10/12 at 2:47pm
The HD25s are supra-aural and designed for portable use so it doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
The Denon D2000s and Beyerdynamic DT770 might be worth a look depending on what sort of sound you want.
Do you have an amp? What do you usually use your headphones with?post #3 of 71/10/12 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #4 of 71/10/12 at 5:50pmpost #5 of 71/10/12 at 6:00pmThread Starterpost #6 of 71/10/12 at 6:13pm
If you want to wear them while drumming you'll need something that will stay secure on your head.
Some version of the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is probably the best. None of the others mentioned so far except the HD25s will likely stay on your head. The E6 should be fine with the either the Beyers or the HD25spost #7 of 71/10/12 at 10:13pm
The AKG K271 MKII's are very light on the bass; I'm pretty sure they wouldn't suit your tastes in music.
Senn HD 25 I II are excellent phones, very dynamic with plenty of punch.
A lot of presence, but not overbearing at all. Good bass that totally belies their size.
One of my most listened to phones.
Also - good point someone above made about them staying on your head while drumming - they will do that.
Very durable as well. Well designed. (I often wear mine at the gym.)
Beyer 770 80 ohm - will also stay on your head, much bigger than the Senn's. BIG bottom end.
Too much in fact for me, but a lot of people like it. High quality headphones.
The Denon 2000 are exceptional sounding phones with great build quality, but they fit loosely and don't isolate well at all.
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 9 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 38 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live, Sennheiser HD 205 or other cheap headphones... 3 minutes ago
- › The ULTIMATE basshead's iems - Top tier iems that provide the whole... 3 minutes ago
- › Cable burn in -- what are the arguments in favor, if any? 4 minutes ago
- › Workout Music 4 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by suman134
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by xkonfuzed
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2