I'm brand new to this whole world of headphones, but I'm interested in comfort, and quality. I listen to Hard rock/Metal such as Rise Against (my fav), Red, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Egypt Central, some Underoath, A Day to Remember. I prefer over ears, but I'm open to new ideas. I've had the Bose Triports, I liked the comfort, but apparently they don't have very good quality for their price. I'm planning on selling them and buying new headphones, and I've liked the reviews of the Sennheiser HD25 and the AKG K271 MKII's. Any suggestions? I need lots of help as I am a headphone noob :P
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/11/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does AKG K271 MKII raelly need an amp? And other alternatives... Last post on 11/21/11 at 11:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advice, denon d2000 or top tier universal iem? Last post on 8/18/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Phones or amp first? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?post #1 of 71/9/12 at 5:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/10/12 at 2:47pm
The HD25s are supra-aural and designed for portable use so it doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
The Denon D2000s and Beyerdynamic DT770 might be worth a look depending on what sort of sound you want.
Do you have an amp? What do you usually use your headphones with?post #3 of 71/10/12 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #4 of 71/10/12 at 5:50pmpost #5 of 71/10/12 at 6:00pmThread Starterpost #6 of 71/10/12 at 6:13pm
If you want to wear them while drumming you'll need something that will stay secure on your head.
Some version of the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is probably the best. None of the others mentioned so far except the HD25s will likely stay on your head. The E6 should be fine with the either the Beyers or the HD25spost #7 of 71/10/12 at 10:13pm
The AKG K271 MKII's are very light on the bass; I'm pretty sure they wouldn't suit your tastes in music.
Senn HD 25 I II are excellent phones, very dynamic with plenty of punch.
A lot of presence, but not overbearing at all. Good bass that totally belies their size.
One of my most listened to phones.
Also - good point someone above made about them staying on your head while drumming - they will do that.
Very durable as well. Well designed. (I often wear mine at the gym.)
Beyer 770 80 ohm - will also stay on your head, much bigger than the Senn's. BIG bottom end.
Too much in fact for me, but a lot of people like it. High quality headphones.
The Denon 2000 are exceptional sounding phones with great build quality, but they fit loosely and don't isolate well at all.
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Lets Talk Metal 23 seconds ago
- › Music Streaming Service 24 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 37 seconds ago
- › Combine Astell&Kern AK100ii with Shure SRH 1540 39 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 51 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 1 minute ago
- › Melbourne Head-Fi meet in second half of 2014 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 4-45 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Vintage Pioneer thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E18 Review 4 minutes ago
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)