I'm brand new to this whole world of headphones, but I'm interested in comfort, and quality. I listen to Hard rock/Metal such as Rise Against (my fav), Red, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Chevelle, Egypt Central, some Underoath, A Day to Remember. I prefer over ears, but I'm open to new ideas. I've had the Bose Triports, I liked the comfort, but apparently they don't have very good quality for their price. I'm planning on selling them and buying new headphones, and I've liked the reviews of the Sennheiser HD25 and the AKG K271 MKII's. Any suggestions? I need lots of help as I am a headphone noob :P
- productAKG K 271 MK IItagged by System, 1/11/12
- productAKG K271 MKII Headphonestagged by System, 3/6/13
- productbeyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- productFiio E6 Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 1/11/12
- productSennheiser HD 25 Studio Monitor Headphonestagged by System, 1/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- AKG K550 vs Some others (denon d2000, akg k271, ultrasone edition 8, shure 940, shure 840, beyer... Last post on 5/11/14 at 3:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Does AKG K271 MKII raelly need an amp? And other alternatives... Last post on 11/21/11 at 11:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which is more fun? Last post on 8/19/11 at 4:34am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need advice, denon d2000 or top tier universal iem? Last post on 8/18/11 at 11:56am in Headphones (full-size)
- Phones or amp first? Last post on 8/13/11 at 11:58am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?post #1 of 71/9/12 at 5:54pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 71/10/12 at 2:47pm
The HD25s are supra-aural and designed for portable use so it doesn't sound like what you're looking for.
The Denon D2000s and Beyerdynamic DT770 might be worth a look depending on what sort of sound you want.
Do you have an amp? What do you usually use your headphones with?post #3 of 71/10/12 at 3:57pmThread Starterpost #4 of 71/10/12 at 5:50pmpost #5 of 71/10/12 at 6:00pmThread Starterpost #6 of 71/10/12 at 6:13pm
If you want to wear them while drumming you'll need something that will stay secure on your head.
Some version of the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro is probably the best. None of the others mentioned so far except the HD25s will likely stay on your head. The E6 should be fine with the either the Beyers or the HD25spost #7 of 71/10/12 at 10:13pm
The AKG K271 MKII's are very light on the bass; I'm pretty sure they wouldn't suit your tastes in music.
Senn HD 25 I II are excellent phones, very dynamic with plenty of punch.
A lot of presence, but not overbearing at all. Good bass that totally belies their size.
One of my most listened to phones.
Also - good point someone above made about them staying on your head while drumming - they will do that.
Very durable as well. Well designed. (I often wear mine at the gym.)
Beyer 770 80 ohm - will also stay on your head, much bigger than the Senn's. BIG bottom end.
Too much in fact for me, but a lot of people like it. High quality headphones.
The Denon 2000 are exceptional sounding phones with great build quality, but they fit loosely and don't isolate well at all.
- AKG K271 MKII's or Sennheiser HD25's?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Gift for gf. Overear up to 100$ 4 seconds ago
- › UpTone Audio USB REGEN 35 seconds ago
- › Hifiman Megamini 1st Impression 1 minute ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › The Future of Audio pops up in New York City 1 minute ago
- › The New Thinksound Woodies. ON2, Rain3 and MS02 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...