Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews - Page 35  

post #511 of 2761
Thanks for the update Project86. Plenty of people's drool must have touched the floor. : P

What do you guess the RRP of ASG-2's will be ?
Edited by archy121 - 2/18/12 at 7:40am
post #512 of 2761



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Dale told me this a while ago, but now I've got confirmation that I'm allowed to post the info:

 

*The dual driver model that people have mentioned is to be called the AS-2. It uses a 15mm driver and a 10mm driver, both dynamic (obviously).

 

*Just like with the AS-1 series, there will be a "universal" ASG-2 to go along with the genuine custom AS-2.

 

*The customs will have way more appearance options than the current models - metal, wood, or other premium faceplates, that sort of thing. Dale says the AS-1 series is their way of doing quality assurance on the manufacturing process, which is why they kept it simple with just the frosted clear shell. 

 

*Dale did express concern about the time frame - he doesn't want HeadFiers impatiently holding out for the AS-2 models. Aurisonics is limiting the AS-2 to professional touring musicians for a while, in an effort to "field test" them, ensuring they have the same long-term performance as the AS-1. When pressed for public release dates, Dale mentioned May or June of this year, with the possibility of a debut at the InfoCOMM show in Vegas (mid June). I always just assume these types of things will take longer than anticipated, so I'd say the AS-2 series is a minimum of 4 months out, which could easily turn into 6 months or more. Meanwhile the AS-1 models are here right now, sounding great, and priced extremely competitively.

 

 

 

Unrelated to the AS-2, I'm still trying to nail down a good description of the sound for the AS-1b. The good news is that I'll be ready to send along the ASG-1 for people to try, maybe within the next week or two. I believe Average Joe will be first in line, but anyone else is welcome to be on the list (I haven't compiled anything official yet). 



This is great news @project86......the very best thing is "Made in the USA".....Dale said everything right down to the screws!   

 

post #513 of 2761

Thanks for that update project86. I knew much of this but didn't think Aurisonics was ready to release it in this much detail. Exciting times - as I stated earlier - for us in this hobby. I kind of always felt that a dynamic driver would be my next custom, and I'm coming closer and closer to making that a reality since I'm so happy with my first Aurisonics product thus far.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Dale told me this a while ago, but now I've got confirmation that I'm allowed to post the info:

 

*The dual driver model that people have mentioned is to be called the AS-2. It uses a 15mm driver and a 10mm driver, both dynamic (obviously).

 

*Just like with the AS-1 series, there will be a "universal" ASG-2 to go along with the genuine custom AS-2.

 

*The customs will have way more appearance options than the current models - metal, wood, or other premium faceplates, that sort of thing. Dale says the AS-1 series is their way of doing quality assurance on the manufacturing process, which is why they kept it simple with just the frosted clear shell. 

 

*Dale did express concern about the time frame - he doesn't want HeadFiers impatiently holding out for the AS-2 models. Aurisonics is limiting the AS-2 to professional touring musicians for a while, in an effort to "field test" them, ensuring they have the same long-term performance as the AS-1. When pressed for public release dates, Dale mentioned May or June of this year, with the possibility of a debut at the InfoCOMM show in Vegas (mid June). I always just assume these types of things will take longer than anticipated, so I'd say the AS-2 series is a minimum of 4 months out, which could easily turn into 6 months or more. Meanwhile the AS-1 models are here right now, sounding great, and priced extremely competitively.

 

 

 

Unrelated to the AS-2, I'm still trying to nail down a good description of the sound for the AS-1b. The good news is that I'll be ready to send along the ASG-1 for people to try, maybe within the next week or two. I believe Average Joe will be first in line, but anyone else is welcome to be on the list (I haven't compiled anything official yet). 



 

post #514 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post



 



This is great news @project86......the very best thing is "Made in the USA".....Dale said everything right down to the screws!   

 


X2

 

post #515 of 2761

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Dale told me this a while ago, but now I've got confirmation that I'm allowed to post the info:

 

*The dual driver model that people have mentioned is to be called the AS-2. It uses a 15mm driver and a 10mm driver, both dynamic (obviously).

 

*Just like with the AS-1 series, there will be a "universal" ASG-2 to go along with the genuine custom AS-2.

 

*The customs will have way more appearance options than the current models - metal, wood, or other premium faceplates, that sort of thing. Dale says the AS-1 series is their way of doing quality assurance on the manufacturing process, which is why they kept it simple with just the frosted clear shell. 

 

*Dale did express concern about the time frame - he doesn't want HeadFiers impatiently holding out for the AS-2 models. Aurisonics is limiting the AS-2 to professional touring musicians for a while, in an effort to "field test" them, ensuring they have the same long-term performance as the AS-1. When pressed for public release dates, Dale mentioned May or June of this year, with the possibility of a debut at the InfoCOMM show in Vegas (mid June). I always just assume these types of things will take longer than anticipated, so I'd say the AS-2 series is a minimum of 4 months out, which could easily turn into 6 months or more. Meanwhile the AS-1 models are here right now, sounding great, and priced extremely competitively.

 

 

 

Unrelated to the AS-2, I'm still trying to nail down a good description of the sound for the AS-1b. The good news is that I'll be ready to send along the ASG-1 for people to try, maybe within the next week or two. I believe Average Joe will be first in line, but anyone else is welcome to be on the list (I haven't compiled anything official yet). 


Aurisoncis seems like they want to become a serious competitor in the marketplace, and are going to be the first to do a dual dynamic custom, kudos.  With everything made in the US and Dale being a really great guy, this is a win win!  I am should be getting my AS-1 at the end of next week or the week after and will have the chance to hear the ASG-1 soon.

post #516 of 2761
So I'm assuming that the AS-2 will feature the same form factor as the ASG-1 then ? I base this on the observation that the Aurisonics site has a graphic of the ASG-1 with the words "repairable/UPGRADABLE" on it. So hopefully those who bought the ASG-1 are eligible to upgrade to the ASG-2 for a lesser fee as it would just be a matter of cramming in that second 10 mm driver. I hope that's the case anyway.
post #517 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post


X2

 



ericlp10,  I have over one hundred hours on these, and they are sounding more refined.....if that's possible!  I do believe in cable "burn in", as well as the dynamic driver "burn in".  I should have my DHC Symbiote, high quality copper cable by the end of next week.  Dale is interested to hear how that sounds, as he is considiering cable options! 

post #518 of 2761

Now that would be a game changer. That would be nice. (see below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

So I'm assuming that the AS-2 will feature the same form factor as the ASG-1 then ? I base this on the observation that the Aurisonics site has a graphic of the ASG-1 with the words "repairable/UPGRADABLE" on it. So hopefully those who bought the ASG-1 are eligible to upgrade to the ASG-2 for a lesser fee as it would just be a matter of cramming in that second 10 mm driver. I hope that's the case anyway.

 


Edited by vwinter - 2/18/12 at 8:32am
post #519 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

Aurisoncis seems like they want to become a serious competitor in the marketplace, and are going to be the first to do a dual dynamic custom, kudos.  With everything made in the US and Dale being a really great guy, this is a win win!  I am should be getting my AS-1 at the end of next week or the week after and will have the chance to hear the ASG-1 soon.

 

But you always take too much time writing your reviews! How dare you make me wait?! I bet you do it on purpose, out of spite. You don't really need to sleep more than a couple of hours a week.
 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Now that would be a game changer.

Futuresonics does it.

 


Edited by Sinocelt - 2/18/12 at 8:24am
post #520 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinocelt View Post

Futuresonics does it.

 


I just checked their site thinking "how did I not know they can add a second driver to their Atrios?"
You meant the customs. I guess it's still not a game changer then but being able to update your universals would be awesome.
post #521 of 2761
I'm assuming that's the reason why the ASG-1 is designed with a faceplate held in place by a few screws. It would be pretty simple to reach the driver to replace or upgrade it. If they are truly upgradable to accomodate that second driver, I would consider it a game changer as the FS custom phones cost plenty of times more than the Aurisonics offering.
post #522 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

I just checked their site thinking "how did I not know they can add a second driver to their Atrios?"
You meant the customs. I guess it's still not a game changer then but being able to update your universals would be awesome.


Ah, no, I meant that they allow you to update your CIEM for a fee.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I'm assuming that's the reason why the ASG-1 is designed with a faceplate held in place by a few screws. It would be pretty simple to reach the driver to replace or upgrade it. If they are truly upgradable to accomodate that second driver, I would consider it a game changer as the FS custom phones cost plenty of times more than the Aurisonics offering.

The ASG-1 isn't a CIEM, though; it just looks like one. A more reasonable comparison would be with the AS-1b.


Edited by Sinocelt - 2/18/12 at 9:06am
post #523 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute View Post



ericlp10,  I have over one hundred hours on these, and they are sounding more refined.....if that's possible!  I do believe in cable "burn in", as well as the dynamic driver "burn in".  I should have my DHC Symbiote, high quality copper cable by the end of next week.  Dale is interested to hear how that sounds, as he is considiering cable options! 



I believe it's very possible @ cute. I fell asleep with them in my ears last night. Really like having a pair of high-quality headphone speakers stuck inside of your ear canals to me... I don't want to say too much more about them at the moment. I'm still in enjoyment mode and letting the glorious sound melt into my cerebral cortex... 

post #524 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I'm assuming that's the reason why the ASG-1 is designed with a faceplate held in place by a few screws. It would be pretty simple to reach the driver to replace or upgrade it. If they are truly upgradable to accommodate that second driver, I would consider it a game changer as the FS custom phones cost plenty of times more than the Aurisonics offering.


It's yet to be determined if the ASG-x will use the same housing as the ASG-1.  I do know from Dale that the purpose of a screw down faceplate is to allow quick and easy maintenance in the field for road musicians by monitor engineers.  It's all part the design.

 

Also, although he didn't reveal his amplification setup, but as usual, with a hint of subtleties, his reply was "it sounds sick".  I'm waiting on some amped toys coming next week.  Curious how much better/worse the ASG-1 sounds amped.  I wish I had a Pico Slim at the moment. Heck if there's a poster or lurker here in the Seattle area that has one and would like to test out the ASG-1, I'm open.

 


Edited by alphaphoenix - 2/18/12 at 9:50am
post #525 of 2761

Ok, I guess I jumped the gun on announcing the specifics of the AS-2 series. My error! Everyone forget what I've said.....

 

Seriously though, they are still a way off at this point, especially the ASG-2 model. Aurisonics is very focused on having them "proven" before any type of mass release. So at this point please treat them the same as the 6 or 8 driver models from 1964-Ears (another company which I really admire): we know of their existence, and we know they will come out at some point, but we don't know enough specifics to count on any of the particulars. And I think that's how it should be - no use in making plans for something that isn't necessarily finalized yet. 

 

When the details are solidified, I'm sure Dale will keep us in the loop. I can't stress enough how great he has been to deal with. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews