or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews - Page 148  

post #2206 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


 


You're the one that's invalidating everyone else's opinions by saying we're forming them too early.  I seriously doubt if I waited the magical 300 hour mark, I'd hear them the same as you.  You seem to be able to tell others what they are hearing or why they are hearing it a certain way but when someone points out your hypocrisy, it upsets you.

 

You can believe what you will about the hours upon hours mechanical break in that are necessary for a driver to sound it's best, just don't tell me my opinion was rendered too early b/c I don't have 200 or 300 hours.  That's my issue with your statement and my response has been properly reasoned.


Honestly, I didn't invalidate your responses, I just made a note that this property goes away after x hours.  It happens to all headphones.  There is no magical mark, heck I haven't even hit 300 yet, I'm on the verge of hitting 200.  What I'm trying to say is don't judge these without giving them a chance.  That seems to be what everyone around here is doing.  They go on, listen for 20 hours and say it's too shouty and essentially crap.  If they had waited another week, the shoutyness would have dropped a lot (and by a lot, I mean, go away). 

 

It's like reading the first 20 pages of a book, and saying it's crap and that the story got no where.  Then we find out the book is 1000 pages long.  My statement goes as follows: give the thing a chance (which means hear it as is, no EQs; let brain burn in take effect if it is needed; as well as mechanical burn in) before saying it has this property and will always have this property.  I have no problems with anyone saying they are shouty, but saying that they will always be shouty is a false statement as the shoutyness becomes less than that of an Etymotic (direct comparisons to not one pair of Etymotics, but two) with time

 

And as Eke stated, no one ever called the Etymotic shouty (mainly because it wasn't shouty enough; but does have the shouty property, I can hear what was described in the Tips thread in both of my Etymotics).  

 

Now, if you actually get a pair of Etymotics and compare it to the ASGs, and still hear the shoutyness in the ASGs, tell me what the heck shoutyness is as it means I still don't have the definition down yet (I'm using one that was given in the Tips thread). 


Edited by tinyman392 - 4/1/12 at 5:38pm
post #2207 of 2761

.


Edited by shotgunshane - 4/2/12 at 11:31am
post #2208 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

You're not invalidating anyone's opinions, yet you say it's like we're reading the first 20 of a book and saying it's crap. Wow. Sounds like invalidating our opinions to me. Unbelievable.
When you first got them, you said they were only shouty for the first few minutes or hours or something to that effect. And you've said you don't really understand what others are calling shoutiness. Now you say it goes completely away at 200 hours. Which is it? I'm really confused because I've only read the first 20 pages and it seems this book has a pick your own ending.


Cause my definition of shoutyness was wrong when I first got them...  I got a new definition on day three, and could hear the shoutyness.  However, this property was also present in Etymotics and I absolutely loved that midrange simply because of the "shoutyness", which I referred to as energy (which is why I didn't hear it at first).  That will fix that up.  With time, they shoutyness does go down (and by down, I mean less than what was present on the Etymotics).

 

If you have a different definition (I'm looking for the definition I was given in the Tips thread), let me know.

 

EDIT:

 

Here's the definition I'm using: http://www.head-fi.org/t/597225/aurisonics-asg-1-which-tips-are-the-best-with-reviews-to-come/105#post_8235049

It's also the only one I have. 

 

And if memory serves me correctly, I asked you for your definition of shoutyness numerous times, but was never given it.  Rather, I had to lounge around in the dark and try to guess what it was.  Thankfully someone gave me a short description of what it was, and I found that I didn't hear it because definitions didn't match.  I also found out it didn't bother me because it was also present in Etymotics, and the "shoutyness" was one of the reasons why I loved the Etymidrange.

 

EDIT 2:

 

After a little further research, I see that you no longer even own the ASG-1.  So you can't even try to burn 'em in if you wanted too.  I'm done arguing with you on this point.  As they say, you have to be in the other person's shoes in order to know what they are seeing (hearing).  I've been in your shoes (not enough burn in), you can't get in mine.  Why argue?  Peace out bra.


Edited by tinyman392 - 4/1/12 at 5:55pm
post #2209 of 2761

.


Edited by shotgunshane - 4/2/12 at 11:32am
post #2210 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

Ahh the classic not enough burn in arguement. Keep invalidating others opinions.


Test it for yourself then...  Oh wait...  Darn.  You sound like a broken record player right now.  Just for the record, I'm not the only one that says that the shoutyness recedes with time, everyone else has said it.  I just made the statement that some point between 120-180 hours, it goes away entirely to the point where it's less than that of the Etymotics. 

 

EDIT:

 

If you actually do test this, I'll accept your opinions, but until then, you can't disprove what I'm saying.  On top of that, Dale himself has said that they do burn in "after a couple hundred hours." (couple hundred ~= 200).


Edited by tinyman392 - 4/1/12 at 6:17pm
post #2211 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by archy121 View Post

 



How many hours do you have on them ? Are you using EQU ?


I would estimate around 10-30, doesn't take long at all to notice improvement. It's still improving though and I'm not using EQ on iPhone and using the Clementine EQ I mentioned previously

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


Nice...  I guess we are hearing the same stuff then :) 

 


If he's anywhere near me, I'm nearing around 200 hours burn in, 100+ hours of use.  No EQs, I really never found them needed for this, with the proper seal, they were no more "shouty" than my Etymotic EtyKids, and now both the Etymotic EtyKids and Etymotic HF2s are more "shouty" than my ASG-1. 

 

Essentially, I think people were creating opinions about the "shoutyness" too early, it dissipates with time (based on what I've been hearing thus for in the last 2 weeks).  The only problem is that I wish the highs would detail slightly better. 

Sounds like it, I'm nowhere near you but the sound is definitely improving in the mids. I can't say it's completely gone nor is it non-existent but it's improved for sure
 

 

post #2212 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post


I would estimate around 10-30, doesn't take long at all to notice improvement. It's still improving though and I'm not using EQ on iPhone and using the Clementine EQ I mentioned previously

 

Sounds like it, I'm nowhere near you but the sound is definitely improving in the mids. I can't say it's completely gone nor is it non-existent but it's improved for sure
 

 



Keep burning them in.  Around 80 you won't hear much change, but keep going, the treble changes around 100 for me.  Brain burn in can also play a factor as well :)  Glad you like them.

post #2213 of 2761

Hope to receive my pair sometime second week of April.

 

Brain burn-in and mechanical burn-in. You can always avoid/validate this if you have a reference IEM that you can compare with. Just don't forget to take notes. And you're clean :P It's not rocket science. Let's be sane in this hobby rolleyes.gif

post #2214 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

Hope to receive my pair sometime second week of April.

 

Brain burn-in and mechanical burn-in. You can always avoid/validate this if you have a reference IEM that you can compare with. Just don't forget to take notes. And you're clean :P It's not rocket science. Let's be sane in this hobby rolleyes.gif



I like that idea so much that I've been doing it since I found out what "shoutyness" actually was (a couple, maybe a few, days after I got them) :)  Kept comparisons for 2 Etymotics both have a slight amount of shoutyness (EtyKids more than HF2s). 


Edited by tinyman392 - 4/1/12 at 6:22pm
post #2215 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



Keep burning them in.  Around 80 you won't hear much change, but keep going, the treble changes around 100 for me.  Brain burn in can also play a factor as well :)  Glad you like them.



It would be a lie if I said I liked them right away, because when I first heard them I thought "$300 full retail, you must be mad!" Now I find it easy to justify the price

post #2216 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post



It would be a lie if I said I liked them right away, because when I first heard them I thought "$300 full retail, you must be mad!" Now I find it easy to justify the price



LOL!  That's how I felt for the first 30 minutes.  It was all mids, no bass, no highs, kinda' nasty.  I was wondering where this bass everyone was talking about was :p  What tips are you using (please don't say stock :p)?

post #2217 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



LOL!  That's how I felt for the first 30 minutes.  It was all mids, no bass, no highs, kinda' nasty.  I was wondering where this bass everyone was talking about was :p  What tips are you using (please don't say stock :p)?



For me it was mids blaring in my face with no highs or bass, very radio like and veiled. I actually like the stock tips>Sennheiser IE8 tips/CX300 tips. Note that I have the newer batch with new tips, the bi flange ones were nice but I get the best fit with the single flange ones (they actually remind me a lot of the Sony Hybrid tips because of the green nozzle)

post #2218 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



LOL!  That's how I felt for the first 30 minutes.  It was all mids, no bass, no highs, kinda' nasty.  I was wondering where this bass everyone was talking about was :p  What tips are you using (please don't say stock :p)?



For me it was mids blaring in my face with no highs or bass, very radio like and veiled. I actually like the stock tips>Sennheiser IE8 tips/CX300 tips. Note that I have the newer batch with new tips, the bi flange ones were nice but I get the best fit with the single flange ones (they actually remind me a lot of the Sony Hybrid tips because of the green nozzle)


I'm a little jealous now. Lol. smily_headphones1.gif tips are everything with these. I'm using UE silicones.
post #2219 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


I'm a little jealous now. Lol. smily_headphones1.gif tips are everything with these. I'm using UE silicones.


Haha, I should try and ask my friend to borrow his UE tips to compare them, I got an instant fit with the stocks so I think I'm gonna stick with them. The question now is what will happen to the ASG-1's when the AS-1b arrives ;)

post #2220 of 2761

First time I heard the Fostex T50RP straight from the box - I felt like I was robbed!!! Retail price was USD78 biggrin.gif After some tweaking, I let go of the AKGs cool.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkong View Post



It would be a lie if I said I liked them right away, because when I first heard them I thought "$300 full retail, you must be mad!" Now I find it easy to justify the price



Will get to hear the ASG1 really soon! :P

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews