or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews - Page 126  

post #1876 of 2761
Which UE silicone tips fit?
post #1877 of 2761

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Which UE silicone tips fit?


Single flanges included with TF10's for sure,  maybe more.

post #1878 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulliverse View Post

-10db is monumental dip! I detect a lack of sparkle, and bump 14khz up by just one 1-2db. Other than that, I'm not detecting anything severe, though I agree that the high end takes a back seat to the mids, even after a decrease of -4db at 1khz - 1.4khz (wide).

 

I too couldn't get along with those long MEElecs - they're too long and narrow for my canals. The MEElec double flange were much better (see below), but still didn't compare to the UE, or Comply. I've sent Eke2K6 the latter 2, so look forward to his impressions. 

 

DSC_0529 (2).jpg


Thank god I'm not the only one hearing like this :p  I'm hearing things exactly like you are.  I thought I was crazy for a second when everyone said there was a 4-5 dB drop in the 1.2 kHz region.  I also agree with the highs, drop is way to large for me. 

 

post #1879 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikp View Post

Just wondering, what is your reference headphone/IEM?

 

My reference headphone is, without a doubt, Hifiman HE-500. It's easily the best headphone I ever heard and is generally very neutral with a slight peak in the lower treble, extremely natural in tone and with a sublime liquidity than nothing else I tried can match. Compared to HE-500, RE-262 is certainly warmer, but not by a lot. Sound quality wise, HE-500 sounds quite a bit better which is to be expected given the price difference, but then HE-500 also sounds significantly better than any other headphone I owned as well in most cases.

 

My other reference right now is Ultimate Ears 600 IEMs when driven by my HM-601. It's jaw dropping what this combo can do for the price. I am not sure why, but UE600s transform with the HM-601, compared to your average portable like say Sansa Clip, despite its high sensitivity and low impedance. I suppose it's the extremely low 13 Ohm impedance that makes UE600 really demanding of source quality. The sound of the HM-601 + UE600 combo is on the warm side with an extremely natural tone in the mids. Honestly, I think this can take on HE-500 out of the same HM-601, although UE600 is not as smooth sounding as HE-500 ( but then which BAs or dynamics can match the Orthos in smoothness? Very few, if any). HE-500 + HM-601 combo is pure eargasmatron. UE600 + HM-601 is still impressively realistic sounding, but because it is less smooth than HE-500 the sound is somewhat boring compared to HE-500 + HM-601.

 

RE262 + HM-601 also sounds very good, but looses out to UE600 in the mids which are not quite as articulate and tonally accurate as with the latter.

post #1880 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post


Thank god I'm not the only one hearing like this :p  I'm hearing things exactly like you are.  I thought I was crazy for a second when everyone said there was a 4-5 dB drop in the 1.2 kHz region.  I also agree with the highs, drop is way to large for me. 

 



Ah... then I think there may have been a misunderstanding, because as far as I'm aware, everyone so far has been talking about a hump in the 1.2khz region, rather than a dip. My understanding is that people have been reducing by -Xdb to take away this hump. From what I gather, Dale has confirmed something along these lines, hence the development of the filter, which takes away the hump and subsequent need to EQ.

post #1881 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulliverse View Post



Ah... then I think there may have been a misunderstanding, because as far as I'm aware, everyone so far has been talking about a hump in the 1.2khz region, rather than a dip. My understanding is that people have been reducing by -Xdb to take away this hump. From what I gather, Dale has confirmed something along these lines, hence the development of the filter, which takes away the hump and subsequent need to EQ.



I thought you said you heard a 1-2 dB dip around the 1.2kHz region...  I was just trying to say that's what I was hearing :p  I know there is a hump, but I don't hear a 4-5 dB hump though.  It's 2-2.5 (maybe 3) for what my ears are telling me. 

post #1882 of 2761

Lol... no, I said that I detected a 4db hump at 1.2khz, and even after EQing it out, still found it mid-centric. Not that this is a bad thing - I love mid-centricity - but also like a bit of enhancement at both ends.

post #1883 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulliverse View Post

Lol... no, I said that I detected a 4db hump at 1.2khz, and even after EQing it out, still found it mid-centric. Not that this is a bad thing - I love mid-centricity - but also like a bit of enhancement at both ends.



 

LOL, I guess I'm still a loner :p 

post #1884 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Well, my family mean a lot to me, and this time they are helping me out in acquiring some IEM's - that said, it's not the first time....I feel my mum should start doing some unboxings haha


You're a lucky kid. lol :P

 

post #1885 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



 

LOL, I guess I'm still a loner :p 



Lol... or perhaps you are going crazy? I could help with that you know, given my job ;-p

post #1886 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nulliverse View Post



Lol... or perhaps you are going crazy? I could help with that you know, given my job ;-p



DOCTOR!  I've gone mad!  Help me! :p  I...  I...  I...  Hear this voice in my head and he's singing, "You gotta' love somebody; love them all the same..."  :p

post #1887 of 2761

Are there any measurements available for these yet? I would love to see an FR graph, some frequency response graphs and CSD graph.

post #1888 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

Are there any measurements available for these yet? I would love to see an FR graph, some frequency response graphs and CSD graph.



Nope :p  LOL, it leaves some mystery about what the peak actually is :p 

post #1889 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



Nope :p  LOL, it leaves some mystery about what the peak actually is :p 


I hope I'm not blowing things up too much by saying this, but upon purchase of my AS-1b's, I was emailing Dale and he said that my CIEM's would have the latest tweaks. I assume by saying this they may still be changing mounting of the driver or other things to make the best product, and as such, a FR graph wouldn't be accurate yet. 

 

Again, he wouldn't divulge any more information than this, but considering how long Aurisonics has been around, it wouldn't be surprising if they are still perfecting their offerings. Not to say they arent already good, but that they learn and incorporate things as they go along. 

 

post #1890 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post


I hope I'm not blowing things up too much by saying this, but upon purchase of my AS-1b's, I was emailing Dale and he said that my CIEM's would have the latest tweaks. I assume by saying this they may still be changing mounting of the driver or other things to make the best product, and as such, a FR graph wouldn't be accurate yet. 

 

Again, he wouldn't divulge any more information than this, but considering how long Aurisonics has been around, it wouldn't be surprising if they are still perfecting their offerings. Not to say they arent already good, but that they learn and incorporate things as they go along. 

 


If they are actually tuning on the go, this could explain a few things.  We'll see when the others get their IEMs then.  If they don't hear it as large as 4-5 dB, then we may know that it may have been retuned :p  Which means mine could have been retuned before it got to me.  I don't think it's a retuning thing though.  I think it's more of perception. 

 


Edited by tinyman392 - 3/23/12 at 11:29am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews