or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews - Page 124  

post #1846 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post


That would be awesome, especially for you guys overseas.  Hopefully the final production version ends up being user installed.

 


I believe it will definitely be a user installed option. Glad you're enjoying the filtered version.

post #1847 of 2761

^Cool.  Thanks for the update.  I think I will definitely opt for the filters once they become final... and hopefully it's a simple user mod (PnP).

 

After a week of on and off listening, these are actually quite incredible especially given its market price.  However, unEQ'ed it's just simply a little too much.  Love the sound of these EQ'd but annoys me a bit that I have to EQ them to get the sound I want...especially when changing out sources, just a pain to have to micro-EQ everything for each different source.

 

They remind me a girl that is just hot as hell but she doesn't know a damn thing about how to dress or put on makeup, so the end result isn't bad just not super aesthetically pleasing.  With the right applications of both, she is bangin'... but then as a guy it's not exactly all that fun having to  always"prep" the girl up every time you go out.  'Naw what I'm saying?

post #1848 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by munkyballz View Post

They remind me a girl that is just hot as hell but she doesn't know a damn thing about how to dress or put on makeup, so the end result isn't bad just not super aesthetically pleasing.  With the right applications of both, she is bangin'... but then as a guy it's not exactly all that fun having to  always"prep" the girl up every time you go out.  'Naw what I'm saying?

haha brilliant analysis :D
 

 

 

post #1849 of 2761
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

An ASG-1 with the prototype filters just arrived.  My initial first thoughts are that it is much better.  The mids are still forward but lose the shouty characteristic and aren't as dry.  I would still consider them slightly dry but nowhere near as cool and dry without the filters.

 

The filters also seem affect the soundstage providing less surround effect and it no longer sounds like a hollow/empty room.  I am enjoying this loaner pair much more than the original pair without the filters.  I'll provide more in depth impressions later this weekend but I think Aurisonics are on the right track with the filters.

 

What kind of, if any, impact do the filters have on other frequency ranges?  If Dale developed a filter that's able to attenuate just the midrange spike and leave the rest of the frequencies nearly untouched, that'd be what I'm looking for.  I like that you mentioned they're not quite as dry with the filter too.. definitely more 'audiophile-friendly' with that kind of textural change.

post #1850 of 2761

.


Edited by shotgunshane - 4/2/12 at 11:22am
post #1851 of 2761

I know, when he posted that pic in the SM3 thread my eyes went O_O

 

I would never have the patience to do all that; not that I wouldn't do it for improved sound, I think I would just drive myself absolutely batsh** loco trying to be that precise tongue.gif
 

He's taken it even further now; go check out the SM3 thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Wow. Talk about industrious...
 

 



 

 

post #1852 of 2761

TIA (tiny)Man! beerchug.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

Mine didn't get updated for 4 days after the shipping label was made.  Then it was sent off.  Like I said before, I think they build the IEM on order.  EG, they aren't pre-made if you order from Aurisonics.  They may also get tested before shipping off.  IDK if they actually do though, but it is a thought to keep in mind if they do do it.

 

EDIT: Comparisons to the following headphones will be made on Friday (tomorrow).  I will also post a full review when it's ready.  I've burned them in for about 97 hours so far (and counting).  By Friday night, they will be over 110 hours if all goes well. 

  • Phonak PFE 232 (by request)
  • Westone 4R (by request)
  • Etymotic HF2 (most comparable)
  • ACS T15 (comparable)


popcorn.gif

 

post #1853 of 2761

lool ..... what there, is past.

I took it to another level of comfort without losing the bass, almost barely feel them now. (before they were too tight and heated up a bit inside).

 tomorrow will take a shoot.

post #1854 of 2761

How do these compare with the Hifiman line - RE0, RE262, RE272? I currently use and love RE262 which I preferred to RE272 and RE0 and it is now  probably my favorite dynamic driver IEM. I love the mids on RE262, although I think its main strengths are actually the huge dynamic range, amazingly tight bass for a dynamic and fantastic time and pitch resolution. I find RE262 the most balanced dynamic IEM I tried overall, although it's not perfect - the highs I find a little bit peaky, but generally fine. I am wondering if ASG-1 is an upgrade over RE262.


Edited by Pianist - 3/22/12 at 6:59pm
post #1855 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

How do these compare with the Hifiman line - RE0, RE262, RE272? I currently use and love RE262 which I preferred to RE272 and RE0 and it is now  probably my favorite dynamic driver IEM. I love the mids on RE262, although I think its main strengths are actually the huge dynamic range, amazingly tight bass for a dynamic and fantastic time and pitch resolution. I find RE262 the most balanced dynamic IEM I tried overall, although it's not perfect - the highs I find a little bit peaky, but generally fine. I am wondering if ASG-1 is an upgrade over RE262.



I don't think they're anything alike @ Pianist. The ASG-1 is much more 3-D with all taller heavier sound. The RE262 is also much warmer, and the bass comes nowhere near the bass that the ASG-1 can produce. I do like the RE262 lush mids and I think it's a great IEM, but apples and oranges. Different sound signatures in my opinion.

post #1856 of 2761

Just wanted to update partway through the burn in process. I've found the tips I prefer most at this point to be the meelec m11 extra long single flanges.  They also blend in quite well with the

ASG-1:

 

IMG_1191.JPG  IMG_1192.JPG

 

About the sound, I'll say Michael Jackson's Thriller has never been so 3D

post #1857 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp10 View Post

I don't think they're anything alike @ Pianist. The ASG-1 is much more 3-D with all taller heavier sound. The RE262 is also much warmer, and the bass comes nowhere near the bass that the ASG-1 can produce. I do like the RE262 lush mids and I think it's a great IEM, but apples and oranges. Different sound signatures in my opinion.

 

Ok, I see. So these ASG-1s seem to be somewhat heavy on the low end in that case, because I find RE262 neutral in the bass and just slightly on the warm side of neutral overall - I wouldn't call them mid centric and I actually find them pretty bright on the highs as well, a tad harsh even. The bass quality on RE262 is superb IMO - do you think ASG-1 has even better quality or just more quantity?

post #1858 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Just wanted to update partway through the burn in process. I've found the tips I prefer most at this point to be the meelec m11 extra long single flanges.  They also blend in quite well with the

ASG-1:

 

About the sound, I'll say Michael Jackson's Thriller has never been so 3D


Glad it went to good use. I use the same tips in black.

 

post #1859 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

 

Ok, I see. So these ASG-1s seem to be somewhat heavy on the low end in that case, because I find RE262 neutral in the bass and just slightly on the warm side of neutral overall - I wouldn't call them mid centric and I actually find them pretty bright on the highs as well, a tad harsh even. The bass quality on RE262 is superb IMO - do you think ASG-1 has even better quality or just more quantity?


Just wondering, what is your reference headphone/IEM?

 

post #1860 of 2761

That looks like an exceedingly good tip match for the ASG-1.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

Just wanted to update partway through the burn in process. I've found the tips I prefer most at this point to be the meelec m11 extra long single flanges.  They also blend in quite well with the

ASG-1:

 

IMG_1191.JPG  IMG_1192.JPG

 

About the sound, I'll say Michael Jackson's Thriller has never been so 3D



 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews