or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews - Page 106  

post #1576 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherns View Post

Day one report:

 
After 24h of burn in, these babies are starting to sing! When I first listened to them right out of the box, they sounded nasal and seemed to have a roll of on the highs. Now I'm totally loving the incredible soundstage and separation that I'm getting, and the clarity and depth of field/feel is incredible.  It feels like sitting in the middle of a room while the band plays around me!  I play the bass in a band and can totally understand why these are marketed for on-stage monitoring.  Never gonna look back again!
 
That being said, the sound sig on these probably isn't for everyone.  There's a slight mid-hump which makes instruments sound sweeter and totally brings vocals up front in the mix.  That also results in the highs sounding a little less sizzly than what I'm accustomed to hearing.  But that also separates the bass from the muddle in the bottom/middle and really works for me on stage.  
 
One thing which I'm experiencing different from others here is that the bass right out of the box is pretty incredible.  Anymore and it'd border on overwhelming... or perhaps I'm not that much of a basshead that I thought I was :p
 

Hey Cherns, beerchug.gif! glad to hear your liking them!

 
X10! yea that's pretty much what I hear with my set! I'm lovin these ASGs, and they amp very very very very nicely! with mt Voyager ZOv1 combo, packs a super duper uber of a punch, call me BatCans, lol!

 


Edited by ANDEROAN - 3/14/12 at 1:16am
post #1577 of 2761

Me right now. Want to listen to ASGs, CAN'T OPEN OTTERBOX LOL.

post #1578 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

Me right now. Want to listen to ASGs, CAN'T OPEN OTTERBOX LOL.


hahah - I need to read up on this - before getting mine in!

 

 

post #1579 of 2761

I'll do a vid on "the most efficient way to open the Aurisonics Otterbox" and post it up to youtube soon :D  

 

But if you can visualise this...

 

1. Hold otterbox upside down with both hands

2. Use stomach for leverage and...

3. use both thumbs to push latch as hard as you can (it won't break, don't worry)

 

If that fails to work, then do 03 x reps of 100 hand crunches over 1 week and try again.atsmile.gif

post #1580 of 2761

Alternative:
Get so pissed off - get a hammer - get bashing.

post #1581 of 2761

Just got word my ASG-1 shipped. Looking forward to auditioning these.

post #1582 of 2761

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

Just got word my ASG-1 shipped. Looking forward to auditioning these.



I'd be interested as to what you think of these.

 

Actually maybe I'll ring Kiteki up and have him listen to them too.

 

Sadly, mine is on the sale forum now.

 

 

post #1583 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilzc View Post

 



I'd be interested as to what you think of these.

 

Actually maybe I'll ring Kiteki up and have him listen to them too.

 

Sadly, mine is on the sale forum now.

 

 



These seem pretty polarizing, which is part of what intrigues me. The other part being that they're essentially "generic" customs. I'm quite curious to see how they stack up against the RedGiant IEMs which I've been testing out, since those have really wowed me and will be priced below $200 USD if / when they're distributed to the US. The A03 is basically four dynamic drivers shoved into a huge plastic bubble that sort of resembles a custom, but has a geometric space-agey kind of design rather than an amorphous ear-shape, so the fit is iffy for some people. You may want to look into them tho.

post #1584 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post

These seem pretty polarizing, which is part of what intrigues me. The other part being that they're essentially "generic" customs. I'm quite curious to see how they stack up against the RedGiant IEMs which I've been testing out, since those have really wowed me and will be priced below $200 USD if / when they're distributed to the US. The A03 is basically four dynamic drivers shoved into a huge plastic bubble that sort of resembles a custom, but has a geometric space-agey kind of design rather than an amorphous ear-shape, so the fit is iffy for some people. You may want to look into them tho.


I've got very generic ears. My fit is perfect with the ASG-1.

 

They fit like a custom, deep into my ears.

 

Interesting. But I am loath to spend anymore on universals. Selling the ASG-1 and the sony XBA-4s.

 

Also lost my darling GR07 today so..  Im in cBF mode lol.

 

Saving up for a CIEM

 

post #1585 of 2761

Very interesting impressions coming through.

Mines are still stuck with Customs since 12th. Painful . .     frown.gif


Edited by archy121 - 3/14/12 at 3:18pm
post #1586 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherns View Post

I'll do a vid on "the most efficient way to open the Aurisonics Otterbox" and post it up to youtube soon :D  

 

But if you can visualise this...

 

1. Hold otterbox upside down with both hands

2. Use stomach for leverage and...

3. use both thumbs to push latch as hard as you can (it won't break, don't worry)

 

If that fails to work, then do 03 x reps of 100 hand crunches over 1 week and try again.atsmile.gif

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post



These seem pretty polarizing, which is part of what intrigues me. The other part being that they're essentially "generic" customs. I'm quite curious to see how they stack up against the RedGiant IEMs which I've been testing out, since those have really wowed me and will be priced below $200 USD if / when they're distributed to the US. The A03 is basically four dynamic drivers shoved into a huge plastic bubble that sort of resembles a custom, but has a geometric space-agey kind of design rather than an amorphous ear-shape, so the fit is iffy for some people. You may want to look into them tho.

Are you sure it's not dual drivers for each earpiece for a total of 4 drivers? I'm pretty sure their it's just an odd translation on their website and even the schematic on the product page only shows two drivers before the tip.
post #1587 of 2761
Edit: double post. Don't hit the submit button on your phones twice folks.
Edited by vwinter - 3/14/12 at 7:18am
post #1588 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetFace View Post



These seem pretty polarizing, which is part of what intrigues me. The other part being that they're essentially "generic" customs. I'm quite curious to see how they stack up against the RedGiant IEMs which I've been testing out, since those have really wowed me and will be priced below $200 USD if / when they're distributed to the US. The A03 is basically four dynamic drivers shoved into a huge plastic bubble that sort of resembles a custom, but has a geometric space-agey kind of design rather than an amorphous ear-shape, so the fit is iffy for some people. You may want to look into them tho.


Frederik S(also a Head-fier) on Techpowerup gave the A03 a 7.9 in his review. If you are of the belief(or get them to perform) that the ASG-1 are among the top universals then they would score right around the 9.5 he gave the Westone 4R. Sounds like the A03 are a bassy, consumer sound and are good but not in the league of the ASG-1. If you experience the same as Frederik and find the Brainwavz M2 beat the A03 in some aspects of bass then they certainly can't keep up with the bass on the ASG-1.

 

post #1589 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

Frederik S(also a Head-fier) on Techpowerup gave the A03 a 7.9 in his review. If you are of the belief(or get them to perform) that the ASG-1 are among the top universals then they would score right around the 9.5 he gave the Westone 4R. Sounds like the A03 are a bassy, consumer sound and are good but not in the league of the ASG-1. If you experience the same as Frederik and find the Brainwavz M2 beat the A03 in some aspects of bass then they certainly can't keep up with the bass on the ASG-1.


To be perfectly honest, I have some questions about that review; what's Frederik's handle on Head-fi? I have some questions for him, as I don't hear them the same way. The A03 are bassy, but they are bassy in a good way (it shows up when it needs to, hides in the background when it's not needed), and that was not how it was portrayed in the review. I didn't find that it intruded into the midrange at all; in fact, I found myself concentrating on the midrange more than anything else. I also don't believe the M2 (from the short time I spent with it) is able to compare to the A03 at all. The only real, serious drawback to the A03 is its poor imaging characteristics. It has a very shallow soundstage. As for everything else, it's extremely good.

 

Muppet was only saying that she believed that the A03 was excellent for its price, which is around $150. The ASG-1 and the A03 are built and tuned for completely different roles and sound signatures. They're really not supposed to be compared to each other except for the fact that both fill up the ear concha and are unique designs in the universal realm of IEMs.

 

Note: I don't want to thread hijack, so if you're curious, send me a PM


Edited by tomscy2000 - 3/14/12 at 7:22am
post #1590 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Alternative:
Get so pissed off - get a hammer - get bashing.



You'll break your hammer ;)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews