or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews - Page 83  

post #1231 of 2761

No recommendations or anything. No arguments should occur. YMMV applies as always. Nothing but my experience. Just food for thought. If you find the phones off or not quite to your liking maybe you can try out some things if you so choose. Like dosley01 said, he might have wanted to try that cause you don't know till you try. No results are guaranteed or even that one might like or even dislike anything they might try. The individual and his/her gear, preferences, hearing, etc makes it far from a science.

 

Music_4321 hasn't heard a difference in cables. Average_Joe has a thread comparing the differences between 13 cables. Dale said there will be upgrade cables. I can't say anything about who hears what or doesn't. Just some info that everyone is free to ignore or to try if they choose and see what results they get.

 

 

 

 

post #1232 of 2761



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

No recommendations or anything. No arguments should occur. YMMV applies as always. Nothing but my experience. Just food for thought. If you find the phones off or not quite to your liking maybe you can try out some things if you so choose. Like dosley01 said, he might have wanted to try that cause you don't know till you try. No results are guaranteed or even that one might like or even dislike anything they might try. The individual and his/her gear, preferences, hearing, etc makes it far from a science.

 

Music_4321 hasn't heard a difference in cables. Average_Joe has a thread comparing the differences between 13 cables. Dale said there will be upgrade cables. I can't say anything about who hears what or doesn't. Just some info that everyone is free to ignore or to try if they choose and see what results they get.

 

 

 

 


+1....Well said....my sentiments exactly!
 

 

post #1233 of 2761

Mine is on the way as well!!images.jpg

post #1234 of 2761

Finally heard a song that sounded pretty good on my ASG-1. It's the exodus remix on the deluxe edition of the best of Bob Marley. I now use the shure e2c softflex sleeves which works best for me. I notice that with the majority of rock songs I've listened to, they have a weird veil over the vocals. I know these are supposed to be musician monitors but I've never heard vocals like that with my other musician monitor iems. It doesn't have the warmth of the UM2 or the clarity of the UM3X. Anyone have good experiences with rock music?

post #1235 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post


Music_4321 hasn't heard a difference in cables. Average_Joe has a thread comparing the differences between 13 cables. Dale said there will be upgrade cables. I can't say anything about who hears what or doesn't. Just some info that everyone is free to ignore or to try if they choose and see what results they get.

 

 

 

 


 

+1

 

Well said again.

 

I have 4 metres of speaker cable on my hi-fi rig @ few hundred pounds... And i have been through a few to get the preferred signature.

 

Although i can't say first hand for IEM's cable does make a difference to sound but it does help if you ears are up to it in the first place..

 


Edited by archy121 - 3/1/12 at 6:39pm
post #1236 of 2761

Cables do make a difference and I hope to test my DIY cable with the ASG-1 soon biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

Tamed the mid-bass and pushed the highs via EQ, it's responding very gracefully and I think I'll to stick this pair :)

Replaced the Westone cable w/ a mouse cable :D It has more air and focused sound. Bass is tighter.

N82_1503.jpg



 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPulse View Post


Yeah. I am not saying that changing the cable doesn't make a difference...it very well might (in fact, I hope it does).  But when I hear someone say they heard what they thought they were going to hear, I am naturally somewhat skeptical.  No offense meant jant71.

 



 

post #1237 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

Cables do make a difference and I hope to test my DIY cable with the ASG-1 soon biggrin.gif
 



 


 



 


Very nicely braided.  I need to pick up that skill!

 

post #1238 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by project86 View Post

Someone earlier had described the sound as being very "hollow", and other people have called them "thin" sounding. This is exactly what I initially experienced too. Through trying various tips, it got better, but not completely.

 

Then one day it just did. I can't explain it but it seems like my brain was at odds with the sound, and then gave up the fight and started agreeing. I hesitate to blame it on the tips though finding the right fit was crucial. I hesitate to blame it all on burn in, though it did seems to smooth a bit from that. Ultimately I think it was just a matter of my brain coming to terms with what I was hearing. 

 

I have to point out that this was not a conscious decision I made. Telling myself to like them was not the answer. It just happened on its own.

 

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I see potential for major disagreements here. I don't want to make people feel like they are doing anything wrong if they don't end up loving the sound. We have a tendency around here to find scapegoats - did you try these tips? What was your source? Use a nice amp? Play the right music? Burn them in long enough? Those are all factors of course, but ultimately we have to be ready for the idea that some people just won't like the end result. And there's nothing wrong with that. Dale has mentioned to me several times that he is very aware of the sound not being for everyone. So there should be no stigma attached to someone coming in here, explaining exactly what did and didn't work for them, and even deciding that the Aurisonics sound is not for them. 

 

I have some more testing to do before I send around my ASG-1 for people to try out. But when I do, you can be sure that I want to hear what people really think of them. If you hate them, please let us know why! Hopefully we can narrow it down to figure out which people are good candidates for the Aurisonic sound and which people are not, so potential buyers will have some idea of what to expect. 

Good insight and good advice.
 

 

post #1239 of 2761

Apparently changing my name has messed up my other account  : I CAN'T LOG IN AND IT'S NOT LETTING ME RESET MY PASSWORD! So pretty much until I fix it, I'll use this to watch the thread :D

post #1240 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosley01 View Post

I wish I tried that when I had the ASG-1, I have a VI cable that I could have sacraficed..:eek:


Are you referring to the TF10 vi cables?  Are those compatible?

post #1241 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn View Post

Finally heard a song that sounded pretty good on my ASG-1. It's the exodus remix on the deluxe edition of the best of Bob Marley. I now use the shure e2c softflex sleeves which works best for me. I notice that with the majority of rock songs I've listened to, they have a weird veil over the vocals. I know these are supposed to be musician monitors but I've never heard vocals like that with my other musician monitor iems. It doesn't have the warmth of the UM2 or the clarity of the UM3X. Anyone have good experiences with rock music?



oh....just one?

post #1242 of 2761

.

 


Edited by music_4321 - 3/5/12 at 9:58am
post #1243 of 2761

I'm no pro in audio, nor am I someone that buys £200 cables.

 

But I bought a cheap $9 interconnect, and it sounds different (more clearer) than the stock interconnect that came with the FiiO/A10/ZO2

 

I would never spend crazy amounts of money on it - but i can say that there is a difference.

How you measure that change is up to you - and no its not placebo, as I paid $9 for my interconnect...not like I care if it sounds the same or not.

It really does make a difference.

 

More so, the wire is well built, meaning it won't break, unlike my old FiiO E5 one did. 

post #1244 of 2761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post



Are you referring to the TF10 vi cables?  Are those compatible?


now that is interesting...

A cable with mic? On the ASG-1's?

 

 

post #1245 of 2761

I'm no Electrical Engineer but I'd assume a IEM cable with mic just means there's a third wire carrying the mic signal. So as long as the plugs fit...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews