Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Picking between NuForce NE-700X or HiFiMan RE-0
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Picking between NuForce NE-700X or HiFiMan RE-0

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

I am a basshead and looking in the sub-$100 range for a nice pair of earbuds. I want something that can handle decent bass and generally play all different types of music as well. Anyone own any of these earbuds and can give me some advice?

post #2 of 12

For a basshead, avoid the RE0s...  Try the ThinkSound TS02s, they have pretty booming bass.  If you can find it, the Future Sonics Atrios have enough skull rattling bass that's audiophile approved (although I haven't heard them they get ups from many audiophiles and bassheads alike!).

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 


I'm definitely looking for something that's gonna give me the bass when i want it, and the audiophile type sound when I don't. I use a FiiO E6 or DigiZoid ZO2 depending on what I'm listening to and where. 

 

A friend of mine has the RE-0's so I am going to ask to borrow them on tuesday for an hour or two to check them out. Unfortunately I don't have access to the others. Seeing as the Thinksound TS02's are the same price as the NuForce NE-700X its gonna be a hard decision. Anyone have any more advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyman392 View Post

For a basshead, avoid the RE0s...  Try the ThinkSound TS02s, they have pretty booming bass.  If you can find it, the Future Sonics Atrios have enough skull rattling bass that's audiophile approved (although I haven't heard them they get ups from many audiophiles and bassheads alike!).



 

post #4 of 12

Personally, I think the NE-700X is better than the Thinksound TS02 overall. I currently own both and I choose the NE-700X over the Thinksound nine times out of ten.

 

I don't know what kind of bass boost the ZO2 can provide as I haven't heard it but if you're a basshead, I would avoid the RE0s. I have them and I like them (listening to them right now, actually) but they are somewhat bass anemic on the grander scale. They're great for more audiophile listening but I don't know if you'll like them even with a boost to the low end.

post #5 of 12
Thread Starter 

Yea, that's what I am worried about, but since I almost always use an amp, I am gonna give the RE-0's a chance when I see my friend this week and see how much the ZO can boost it. I know that my Sennheiser 428S's feel kinda veiled and have little to no bass, and even with the E6 I can get it feeling like it has punchy and somewhat tight bass. 

 

I'll keep you guys posted on how the ZO performs with the RE-0's, but keep the suggestions coming, I really have no idea what I am going to go with yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post

Personally, I think the NE-700X is better than the Thinksound TS02 overall. I currently own both and I choose the NE-700X over the Thinksound nine times out of ten.

 

I don't know what kind of bass boost the ZO2 can provide as I haven't heard it but if you're a basshead, I would avoid the RE0s. I have them and I like them (listening to them right now, actually) but they are somewhat bass anemic on the grander scale. They're great for more audiophile listening but I don't know if you'll like them even with a boost to the low end.



 

post #6 of 12

I found the Re0's very analytical and sparkly, I don't think they are the route to go for you. This is my first week with the UE Triple.fi 10's, if you're a fan of V-shaped sound I'd recommend dropping the extra $50.

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 

I am not looking to spend the extra money right now. The NE-700X have quite a reputation so I would wanna try those out first before buying something more expensive when I mainly use headphones for listening


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumAB View Post

I found the Re0's very analytical and sparkly, I don't think they are the route to go for you. This is my first week with the UE Triple.fi 10's, if you're a fan of V-shaped sound I'd recommend dropping the extra $50.



 

post #8 of 12

My vote is for the NE-700X, or the newer NE-770X if you can't afford the aluminum shelled titanium coated driver NE-700X.  

 

I have my NE-700X review here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/526258/first-impressions-nuforce-ne-700x-earphones-iem-non-mic-version-post-your-thoughts-here

 

I should be posting some impressions of the NE-770X in comparison to the NE-700X, NE-6/7M and NE-600 today, and I'll post that link here when I do.

post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame21x View Post

Personally, I think the NE-700X is better than the Thinksound TS02 overall. I currently own both and I choose the NE-700X over the Thinksound nine times out of ten.

 

I don't know what kind of bass boost the ZO2 can provide as I haven't heard it but if you're a basshead, I would avoid the RE0s. I have them and I like them (listening to them right now, actually) but they are somewhat bass anemic on the grander scale. They're great for more audiophile listening but I don't know if you'll like them even with a boost to the low end.



I honestly do prefer the sound of the TS02 over the 700X...  I think it might suite the OP a little better as well.

post #10 of 12

NE-770X and NE-600 review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/589730/mini-review-nuforce-ne-770x-and-ne-600-budget-earphones#post_8042245

post #11 of 12
Thread Starter 

From your impressions of these new earbuds, is the difference in price between the 770X and the 700X make it worthwhile to get the 700X? or is their not much of a benefit for a $25 or so difference in price?  And which provided punchier bass?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

NE-770X and NE-600 review: http://www.head-fi.org/t/589730/mini-review-nuforce-ne-770x-and-ne-600-budget-earphones#post_8042245



 

post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

From your impressions of these new earbuds, is the difference in price between the 770X and the 700X make it worthwhile to get the 700X? or is their not much of a benefit for a $25 or so difference in price?  And which provided punchier bass?
 


To be honest, I'm kinda enjoying the NE-770X a little bit more right now.  The biggest difference is in the more present mids and smoother highs of the NE-770X.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Picking between NuForce NE-700X or HiFiMan RE-0