So I bought some Westone 3's a few weeks ago and I only used them inside. Then, for chrismas, I received an iPod touch so I got to use them outside and I found out that the left earpiece sounds quite a bit lower than the right one but only when they get cold. Let's say its -7 celcius outside, I walk about 5 mins outside then the left earpiece starts to fail... I was wondering if this was due to a defect and I should send them for the warranty, or if I shouldn't be using them outside when it's cold. Sorry for the poor english quality, and thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- No IEM is "Perfect" Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
very detailed build, sound is smooth and rich
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
westone 3 issue with temperature ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
if you are unsure about operating temperatures you should inspect the instruction manual, i think you may find most headphones have a guidance as to what temperatures you should be operating them at and -7 is perhaps a bit excessive, like using them in the rain, its not a clever idea and that would go for using them in extreme cold, -7 may not be too extreme to you but electronics are a different story, i wouldnt advise you keep using them in this temperature as you may cause further damage. hopefully no long term damage has been done, i would guess its unlikely.
- westone 3 issue with temperature ?
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 28 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 53 seconds ago
- › Looking For Headphones $400 And Under 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › K812 vs LCD-X vs HD800 vs TH900 vs HE-6? 4 minutes ago
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 4 minutes ago
- › Ibasso Oriolus Hybrid iem 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2