So I bought some Westone 3's a few weeks ago and I only used them inside. Then, for chrismas, I received an iPod touch so I got to use them outside and I found out that the left earpiece sounds quite a bit lower than the right one but only when they get cold. Let's say its -7 celcius outside, I walk about 5 mins outside then the left earpiece starts to fail... I was wondering if this was due to a defect and I should send them for the warranty, or if I shouldn't be using them outside when it's cold. Sorry for the poor english quality, and thanks in advance.
Related Forum Threads
- D5000 equivalent IEMs Last post on 11/7/12 at 5:17pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I require fun, fun, FUN! Last post on 10/12/12 at 7:38pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for Mixing and Listening? Last post on 10/1/12 at 8:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between ATH M50 vs Philips Fidelio L1 Last post on 10/4/12 at 2:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- No IEM is "Perfect" Last post on 9/29/12 at 6:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
My impressions is that these don’t sound significantly different than the cheaper SP version in terms of sound signature. The biggest difference is detail, more extended highs and smoother mid. If...
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
westone 3 issue with temperature ?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
if you are unsure about operating temperatures you should inspect the instruction manual, i think you may find most headphones have a guidance as to what temperatures you should be operating them at and -7 is perhaps a bit excessive, like using them in the rain, its not a clever idea and that would go for using them in extreme cold, -7 may not be too extreme to you but electronics are a different story, i wouldnt advise you keep using them in this temperature as you may cause further damage. hopefully no long term damage has been done, i would guess its unlikely.
- westone 3 issue with temperature ?
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 30 seconds ago
- › Sophia Royal Princess 300B - SERP 300B - matching pair 36 seconds ago
- › No balanced! WHY?!! 54 seconds ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (The IEM Bass club) 2 minutes ago
- › Lake People G109 / G103 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Discussion for next Florida meet 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by kite7
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2