I have a Cowon A2 and D2 and the JetAudio sounds amazing, much better than my computer's on-board sound card. But it doesn't produce the 20 hz the Golds are capable of putting out. What sources does everyone listen to? Also, what kinds of songs have a lot of bass? I'm not really too much into rap or rock, so I would like some other choices. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Discomfort while using IEMs? (new to IEMs) Last post on 11/19/12 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine's First Impression Last post on 10/3/12 at 6:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, if you want bass, try some house, trance, drum & bass or dubstep. (for example, I like this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA)
Anyway, as far as sources go, pretty much any source is gonna be giving you lots of bass with earphones like that. Granted, I've never listened to the Golds myself, but from what I understand, they're fairly efficient - you wouldn't really be getting much benefit from most amps or DACs.
At any rate, if you really do want more bass, you could try a DAC like the Fiio e10, which has a built-in bass boost function. Or, if you want to get really crazy (...not really, it's actually pretty cheap), you could try the Zo - not a DAC, but it'll probably make the earphones sound much better even amplifying the onboard soundcard.
One more thing you should consider, are you sure you're getting a good seal with them? Have you tried all of the tips it came with?
I'm considering getting the Fiio E6, Fiio E10, or the Digizoid ZO 2. Well, I'm also considering not getting anything at all. If it's possible, I'd like to take my Cowon D2 and/or my Cowon A2 to a store and test how they sound with any or all of the three I listed. I've heard, like you said, that there isn't much of a difference, and also that there can be a world of difference. Cowon's JetAudio is supposed to have some of the best audio in the business and listening with the Golds has been great, so I'm probably only going to use it for my computer. That way, I can also plug my speakers into it (once they're fixed).
I did try most of the other tips, not the XS dark greenish ones (obviously too small), and found that I was probably using tips that were too large. I was using the XL but felt most comfortable with the medium gels.
I think the ZO 2 is probably the best out of the three I'm looking at, even though the E10 is a DAC.. Or if I can find a place that sells both of them around my area I could just try them both out haha.
Edit: Actually, it seems like I can only purchase these two online. I'll just have to read more reviews and see if it's even worth it to get these. I'm still burning in the Golds since I'm not constantly listening to them. They have started to sound a bit richer, so I'll wait a month or two to hear what they sound like.
Edit 2: I know that the quality gets lost somewhat if I only use an aux cable from the headphone jack to the headphone amplifier input, but would it make a difference if it was somehow connected from a composite audio/video output instead? Also, what does everyone who owns great IEMs and headphones do to get the most out of them?
Edited by newbHfi - 1/17/12 at 6:01pm
- What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphone out and Line out(or DAC out) 56 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 58 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 1 minute ago
- › Best closed back headphone for gaming 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 5 minutes ago
- › Portapros or Senn PX-100 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob