I have a Cowon A2 and D2 and the JetAudio sounds amazing, much better than my computer's on-board sound card. But it doesn't produce the 20 hz the Golds are capable of putting out. What sources does everyone listen to? Also, what kinds of songs have a lot of bass? I'm not really too much into rap or rock, so I would like some other choices. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Discomfort while using IEMs? (new to IEMs) Last post on 11/19/12 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine's First Impression Last post on 10/3/12 at 6:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I have own the Dunu tridents for about 4-5 months, and about a week about, the left ear suddenly stopped working. I left them on my desk for the weekend, no spills, or anything touching them. Now i...
The Brainwavz M1 has been widely toted as a popular option at under $50 for the last few years. Why is that the case? Well, because at the time of their debut, they were one the few balanced...
Intro Here is a review of the Audio-Technica CKR10 there are a couple reviews of this model already but the more reviews the better. First I would like to say thank you to Audio-Technica for...
So, a review Woo Audio WA2... I have divided it into some headings, and rated them out of 100. These are my ratings based on my personal opinion. I'm open to comments as well, feel free to voice...
Intro After briefly owning and eventually selling the Audio Technica ATH - M50, there were quite a few things that I still desired in a closed headphone. I wanted something more comfortable...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, if you want bass, try some house, trance, drum & bass or dubstep. (for example, I like this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA)
Anyway, as far as sources go, pretty much any source is gonna be giving you lots of bass with earphones like that. Granted, I've never listened to the Golds myself, but from what I understand, they're fairly efficient - you wouldn't really be getting much benefit from most amps or DACs.
At any rate, if you really do want more bass, you could try a DAC like the Fiio e10, which has a built-in bass boost function. Or, if you want to get really crazy (...not really, it's actually pretty cheap), you could try the Zo - not a DAC, but it'll probably make the earphones sound much better even amplifying the onboard soundcard.
One more thing you should consider, are you sure you're getting a good seal with them? Have you tried all of the tips it came with?
I'm considering getting the Fiio E6, Fiio E10, or the Digizoid ZO 2. Well, I'm also considering not getting anything at all. If it's possible, I'd like to take my Cowon D2 and/or my Cowon A2 to a store and test how they sound with any or all of the three I listed. I've heard, like you said, that there isn't much of a difference, and also that there can be a world of difference. Cowon's JetAudio is supposed to have some of the best audio in the business and listening with the Golds has been great, so I'm probably only going to use it for my computer. That way, I can also plug my speakers into it (once they're fixed).
I did try most of the other tips, not the XS dark greenish ones (obviously too small), and found that I was probably using tips that were too large. I was using the XL but felt most comfortable with the medium gels.
I think the ZO 2 is probably the best out of the three I'm looking at, even though the E10 is a DAC.. Or if I can find a place that sells both of them around my area I could just try them both out haha.
Edit: Actually, it seems like I can only purchase these two online. I'll just have to read more reviews and see if it's even worth it to get these. I'm still burning in the Golds since I'm not constantly listening to them. They have started to sound a bit richer, so I'll wait a month or two to hear what they sound like.
Edit 2: I know that the quality gets lost somewhat if I only use an aux cable from the headphone jack to the headphone amplifier input, but would it make a difference if it was somehow connected from a composite audio/video output instead? Also, what does everyone who owns great IEMs and headphones do to get the most out of them?
Edited by newbHfi - 1/17/12 at 6:01pm
- What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Is S/PDIF the same as digital Coax? 2 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for HD800 1 minute ago
- › Un Die Musik ! 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 3 minutes ago
- › [Poor Man Reviews] Alclair Curve Universal Monitor 4 minutes ago
- › Trade some Denon D5000 for DT990? 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › How Do You Carry All Of Your Gear? First World Problem ;) 6 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 6 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-12 Trident by Ghoulcow
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by Tom22
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by acain
- › Woo Audio 2 by mikoss
- › KAM HP1 by LowDose
- › Schiit Vali by Mr Rick
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by Spiderman
- › Audinst HUD-mx2 by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by koloseij
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)