I have a Cowon A2 and D2 and the JetAudio sounds amazing, much better than my computer's on-board sound card. But it doesn't produce the 20 hz the Golds are capable of putting out. What sources does everyone listen to? Also, what kinds of songs have a lot of bass? I'm not really too much into rap or rock, so I would like some other choices. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Discomfort while using IEMs? (new to IEMs) Last post on 11/19/12 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine's First Impression Last post on 10/3/12 at 6:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
These headphones are much recommended online as a relatively cheap introduction into the world of high fidelity. They are functional and do not excessively grab attention visually. They are...
What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 31/8/12 at 11:07am
Well, if you want bass, try some house, trance, drum & bass or dubstep. (for example, I like this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA)
Anyway, as far as sources go, pretty much any source is gonna be giving you lots of bass with earphones like that. Granted, I've never listened to the Golds myself, but from what I understand, they're fairly efficient - you wouldn't really be getting much benefit from most amps or DACs.
At any rate, if you really do want more bass, you could try a DAC like the Fiio e10, which has a built-in bass boost function. Or, if you want to get really crazy (...not really, it's actually pretty cheap), you could try the Zo - not a DAC, but it'll probably make the earphones sound much better even amplifying the onboard soundcard.
One more thing you should consider, are you sure you're getting a good seal with them? Have you tried all of the tips it came with?post #3 of 31/17/12 at 5:05pmThread Starter
I'm considering getting the Fiio E6, Fiio E10, or the Digizoid ZO 2. Well, I'm also considering not getting anything at all. If it's possible, I'd like to take my Cowon D2 and/or my Cowon A2 to a store and test how they sound with any or all of the three I listed. I've heard, like you said, that there isn't much of a difference, and also that there can be a world of difference. Cowon's JetAudio is supposed to have some of the best audio in the business and listening with the Golds has been great, so I'm probably only going to use it for my computer. That way, I can also plug my speakers into it (once they're fixed).
I did try most of the other tips, not the XS dark greenish ones (obviously too small), and found that I was probably using tips that were too large. I was using the XL but felt most comfortable with the medium gels.
I think the ZO 2 is probably the best out of the three I'm looking at, even though the E10 is a DAC.. Or if I can find a place that sells both of them around my area I could just try them both out haha.
Edit: Actually, it seems like I can only purchase these two online. I'll just have to read more reviews and see if it's even worth it to get these. I'm still burning in the Golds since I'm not constantly listening to them. They have started to sound a bit richer, so I'll wait a month or two to hear what they sound like.
Edit 2: I know that the quality gets lost somewhat if I only use an aux cable from the headphone jack to the headphone amplifier input, but would it make a difference if it was somehow connected from a composite audio/video output instead? Also, what does everyone who owns great IEMs and headphones do to get the most out of them?
Edited by newbHfi - 1/17/12 at 6:01pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Why is HD650 and Sennheiser so Popular? 21 seconds ago
- › New England (Mass, NH, Maine, etc) Winter Meet 50 seconds ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Recommend me a FLAC/Mp3/WAV player for the Fostex TH900 headphones. 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Toronto GTA Meet January 2017 with Cayin! 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 3 minutes ago
- › Help needed: with Oppo PM3 headphone my songs sound better on... 4 minutes ago
- › ASG-2 5 minutes ago
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 449 Headphones by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear