I have a Cowon A2 and D2 and the JetAudio sounds amazing, much better than my computer's on-board sound card. But it doesn't produce the 20 hz the Golds are capable of putting out. What sources does everyone listen to? Also, what kinds of songs have a lot of bass? I'm not really too much into rap or rock, so I would like some other choices. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Discomfort while using IEMs? (new to IEMs) Last post on 11/19/12 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine's First Impression Last post on 10/3/12 at 6:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, if you want bass, try some house, trance, drum & bass or dubstep. (for example, I like this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA)
Anyway, as far as sources go, pretty much any source is gonna be giving you lots of bass with earphones like that. Granted, I've never listened to the Golds myself, but from what I understand, they're fairly efficient - you wouldn't really be getting much benefit from most amps or DACs.
At any rate, if you really do want more bass, you could try a DAC like the Fiio e10, which has a built-in bass boost function. Or, if you want to get really crazy (...not really, it's actually pretty cheap), you could try the Zo - not a DAC, but it'll probably make the earphones sound much better even amplifying the onboard soundcard.
One more thing you should consider, are you sure you're getting a good seal with them? Have you tried all of the tips it came with?
I'm considering getting the Fiio E6, Fiio E10, or the Digizoid ZO 2. Well, I'm also considering not getting anything at all. If it's possible, I'd like to take my Cowon D2 and/or my Cowon A2 to a store and test how they sound with any or all of the three I listed. I've heard, like you said, that there isn't much of a difference, and also that there can be a world of difference. Cowon's JetAudio is supposed to have some of the best audio in the business and listening with the Golds has been great, so I'm probably only going to use it for my computer. That way, I can also plug my speakers into it (once they're fixed).
I did try most of the other tips, not the XS dark greenish ones (obviously too small), and found that I was probably using tips that were too large. I was using the XL but felt most comfortable with the medium gels.
I think the ZO 2 is probably the best out of the three I'm looking at, even though the E10 is a DAC.. Or if I can find a place that sells both of them around my area I could just try them both out haha.
Edit: Actually, it seems like I can only purchase these two online. I'll just have to read more reviews and see if it's even worth it to get these. I'm still burning in the Golds since I'm not constantly listening to them. They have started to sound a bit richer, so I'll wait a month or two to hear what they sound like.
Edit 2: I know that the quality gets lost somewhat if I only use an aux cable from the headphone jack to the headphone amplifier input, but would it make a difference if it was somehow connected from a composite audio/video output instead? Also, what does everyone who owns great IEMs and headphones do to get the most out of them?
Edited by newbHfi - 1/17/12 at 6:01pm
- What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 8 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 8 seconds ago
- › Getting an HTC One M8 need headphones and possibly DAC 39 seconds ago
- › Which earphones to choose? 51 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA234 Mono Blocks, AKG K1000, and Abyss.... 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Serie: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 3 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 4 minutes ago
- › SennGrado Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)