I have a Cowon A2 and D2 and the JetAudio sounds amazing, much better than my computer's on-board sound card. But it doesn't produce the 20 hz the Golds are capable of putting out. What sources does everyone listen to? Also, what kinds of songs have a lot of bass? I'm not really too much into rap or rock, so I would like some other choices. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Discomfort while using IEMs? (new to IEMs) Last post on 11/19/12 at 2:24pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which earphone who sound like ATH ESW9 ? Last post on 9/30/12 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My little monster copper review Last post on 9/28/12 at 1:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- SoundMAGIC E10's? Vs. Klipsch Image S4's? Last post on 9/28/12 at 6:33am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine's First Impression Last post on 10/3/12 at 6:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, if you want bass, try some house, trance, drum & bass or dubstep. (for example, I like this song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA)
Anyway, as far as sources go, pretty much any source is gonna be giving you lots of bass with earphones like that. Granted, I've never listened to the Golds myself, but from what I understand, they're fairly efficient - you wouldn't really be getting much benefit from most amps or DACs.
At any rate, if you really do want more bass, you could try a DAC like the Fiio e10, which has a built-in bass boost function. Or, if you want to get really crazy (...not really, it's actually pretty cheap), you could try the Zo - not a DAC, but it'll probably make the earphones sound much better even amplifying the onboard soundcard.
One more thing you should consider, are you sure you're getting a good seal with them? Have you tried all of the tips it came with?
I'm considering getting the Fiio E6, Fiio E10, or the Digizoid ZO 2. Well, I'm also considering not getting anything at all. If it's possible, I'd like to take my Cowon D2 and/or my Cowon A2 to a store and test how they sound with any or all of the three I listed. I've heard, like you said, that there isn't much of a difference, and also that there can be a world of difference. Cowon's JetAudio is supposed to have some of the best audio in the business and listening with the Golds has been great, so I'm probably only going to use it for my computer. That way, I can also plug my speakers into it (once they're fixed).
I did try most of the other tips, not the XS dark greenish ones (obviously too small), and found that I was probably using tips that were too large. I was using the XL but felt most comfortable with the medium gels.
I think the ZO 2 is probably the best out of the three I'm looking at, even though the E10 is a DAC.. Or if I can find a place that sells both of them around my area I could just try them both out haha.
Edit: Actually, it seems like I can only purchase these two online. I'll just have to read more reviews and see if it's even worth it to get these. I'm still burning in the Golds since I'm not constantly listening to them. They have started to sound a bit richer, so I'll wait a month or two to hear what they sound like.
Edit 2: I know that the quality gets lost somewhat if I only use an aux cable from the headphone jack to the headphone amplifier input, but would it make a difference if it was somehow connected from a composite audio/video output instead? Also, what does everyone who owns great IEMs and headphones do to get the most out of them?
Edited by newbHfi - 1/17/12 at 6:01pm
- What audio system makes full use of Monster Turbine Pros?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 21 seconds ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed. A Teeny-Weeny Update! (page 104) 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)