or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? - Page 21

post #301 of 700
SilverEars, AFAIK Pro does not have additional driver, both Pro and non-Pro uses the same drivers; the difference is in the crossover design.
post #302 of 700
I am so loving that graph conversation. More please.
post #303 of 700

Just put in for my NT-6 order.  I was told by Hidition that NT-6 would suit my taste.  I'm so Psyched.  XD

 

Mimouille will have an NT-6 partner here.  :beerchug:

post #304 of 700
Has anyone tried to compare UM mentor versus NT6/NT6p? I'm very curious to know the overall performance and tuning signature especially comes to classical and instrumental music. Thanks.
post #305 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by bboysnick View Post

Has anyone tried to compare UM mentor versus NT6/NT6p? I'm very curious to know the overall performance and tuning signature especially comes to classical and instrumental music. Thanks.
NT6 is more neutral, brighter and more natural in tone.
post #306 of 700

Damn, haven't listened to NT6 for a long time, almost forgot what a beast it is....So neutral and balanced with hybrid V2, I might have to get the V3.

post #307 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Damn, haven't listened to NT6 for a long time, almost forgot what a beast it is....So neutral and balanced with hybrid V2, I might have to get the V3.

I love hearing that from a guy that has them all when it comes to the greatest TOTL CIEMs. Can you say it again? :wink_face:

post #308 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

Damn, haven't listened to NT6 for a long time, almost forgot what a beast it is....So neutral and balanced with hybrid V2, I might have to get the V3.

BTW, someone asked you about your Harmony purchase in another thread, why you chose the pro over the regular. You response doesn't seem to apply here. Out of curiosity, why did you chose the NT6 over the NT6pro?

post #309 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

BTW, someone asked you about your Harmony purchase in another thread, why you chose the pro over the regular. You response doesn't seem to apply here. Out of curiosity, why did you chose the NT6 over the NT6pro?

 

 

Because he's contrary!

 

Maybe he was a woman in a past life? :biggrin:

post #310 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barra View Post
 

BTW, someone asked you about your Harmony purchase in another thread, why you chose the pro over the regular. You response doesn't seem to apply here. Out of curiosity, why did you chose the NT6 over the NT6pro?

I was joking about taking pro over non-pro no matter how they sound. :) NT6 over NT6 pro because NT6 is the more neutral one according to AJ. It sounds so smooth and beautiful when paired with hybrid V2. And I don't think I can handle more brightness in the treble. I choose H8P over H8 because H8P only has lifted upper treble (above 12k) which IMO has already passed the main region of harsh, brightness treble. Plus I was worried that H8 can sound a bit lack of transparency and resolution compared to 8p. Maybe I chose the wrong one. Who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

Because he's contrary!

 

Maybe he was a woman in a past life? :biggrin:

I have always been contrary since I start this hifi journey :). 

post #311 of 700

Happy day ! My NT-6 just arrived today :-)

 

For last 3 years I have for everyday use Ultimate Ears Reference Monitors, so expect some closer comparison.

 

First minute impressions - my ear impressions were made (on Hidition recommendation) with closed mouth, the seal is just insane. They are much harder to put on (than UERMs) but the fit is incredible. They have longer canals which seems to be better

 

Sound impressions to come after some burn in and listen time:) But in overall for now - wow !

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by John Culter - 5/26/14 at 12:18pm
post #312 of 700
I noticed the same when I did closed mouth, much tighter fit.

I cant wait for your impressions as Im getting mine soon.

popcorn.gif
post #313 of 700
The frequency response is so freaking linear.
post #314 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

The frequency response is so freaking linear.

 

 

Yeah, I thought the same. I can't recall any other CIEM chart being that linear.

post #315 of 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython View Post
 

 

 

Yeah, I thought the same. I can't recall any other CIEM chart being that linear.

look at John's photos he has the other one that is linear.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?