or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? - Page 20

post #286 of 696

What's up with the graph?  It looks like it has similar signature to JHA?  bass and treble bump?  I keep hearing it sounds clear, does the treble spike giving you guys the perception of clarity?  :confused:

 

Also, these don't look neutral at all.  Do the mids sound recessed to you guys?

 


Edited by SilverEars - 5/6/14 at 1:14am
post #287 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

What's up with the graph?  It looks like it has similar signature to JHA?  bass and treble bump?  I keep hearing it sounds clear, does the treble spike giving you guys the perception of clarity?  :confused:

 

Also, these don't look neutral at all.  Do the mids sound recessed to you guys?

 


This is the old NT6. Hidition made a revision as far as I know so this graph is kind of old now since you can't buy the ciems in old tuning.

post #288 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post I keep hearing it sounds clear, does the treble spike giving you guys the perception of clarity?  :confused:

 

FYI, a 10k spike doesn't do as much to a perception of clarity as do bumps between 4-7k. Bumps between 7-10k usually result in an increased perception of harshness, and while they do contribute to a sense of clarity, they're not as important.

 

As has been mentioned by others, there's a large difference between compensated graphs (using diffuse field, independent-of-field, free field, Harman International, etc. equalization schema) and raw graphs. It's also very important to keep in mind what the measurements were taken with, as well as the increments on their axes. It's not always reliable to eyeball things.

post #289 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

What's up with the graph?  It looks like it has similar signature to JHA?  bass and treble bump?  I keep hearing it sounds clear, does the treble spike giving you guys the perception of clarity?  :confused:

 

Also, these don't look neutral at all.  Do the mids sound recessed to you guys?

 

It's the old one. The new one looks much more mid forward.

post #290 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

It's the old one. The new one looks much more mid forward.

Where is the new one?  Can you guys link it or post it here?  Thanks.

post #291 of 696

 

This is fairly new, I do hear that the newest ones looks even a little different from this: there is a little more hump at 5k Hz and the peak at 11k Hz decreased to about 70%.


Edited by tupac0306 - 5/6/14 at 9:59am
post #292 of 696
Tupac0306 is this NT6's or NT6pro's graph?

BTW do you have SE5way graph and don't mind posting it? I would love to see comparison between of NT6 pro's graph with SE5way.
post #293 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post

Tupac0306 is this NT6's or NT6pro's graph?

BTW do you have SE5way graph and don't mind posting it? I would love to see comparison between of NT6 pro's graph with SE5way.

 

This is the Graph that came with my NT6 Pro's

 

 

post #294 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachchen1996 View Post
 

 

This is the Graph that came with my NT6 Pro's

 

 

Niiiiiice.  I like it,  Kinda bass heavy lookin, but very neutral from mids to highs, and great extensions.  

 

Thank you for sharing.  Sharing is caring.  

 


Edited by SilverEars - 5/6/14 at 10:43am
post #295 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Niiiiiice.  I like it,  Kinda bass heavy lookin, but very neutral from mids to highs, and great extensions.  

 

Thank you for sharing.  Sharing is caring.  

 

Fear not, the bass does not intrude at all into the midrange. Excellent transparency throughout the whole range. :)

post #296 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakur1996 View Post

Tupac0306 is this NT6's or NT6pro's graph?

BTW do you have SE5way graph and don't mind posting it? I would love to see comparison between of NT6 pro's graph with SE5way.

That's NT6's graph. The newest one looks like zachchen1996's NT6 PRO, but without bass enhancement, peak at 5k Hz is a little flat, and mid section (2-3k) is a little more forward. 

 

SE5 doesn't give out any frequency response graph. 

post #297 of 696

Ok, so NT6 has that drastic peak around 10k which Tcy says isn't as perceivable as the treble at lower regions.  Zach's pro shows that it extends more than the NT6, and mids are more forward with emphasis on the bass.  The NT6 seams more u shaped signature, and wonder if that's how it sounds.  Is the pro more mid forward sonically?

post #298 of 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEars View Post
 

Ok, so NT6 has that drastic peak around 10k which Tcy says isn't as perceivable as the treble at lower regions.  Zach's pro shows that it extends more than the NT6, and mids are more forward with emphasis on the bass.  The NT6 seams more u shaped signature, and wonder if that's how it sounds.  Is the pro more mid forward sonically?

No, the drastic peak at 10k isn't there any more for new version NT6, it's similar to the graph posted above, but with more mid and less bass. So overall it's more linear and closer to a reference IEM.

post #299 of 696

NT6

post #300 of 696

^wow, that looks more neutral than the pro with 5dB less bass bump, but treble is a bit less than the pro(maybe that's what that extra driver on the pro is for).  I learned today that ER4 isn't the only BA that treble extends far.  You can push the BA treble far.  I'm used to seeing roll offs around 10k.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?