Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? - Page 2

post #16 of 392

Thanks for your great review, about 3weeks ago I've received mine reshell & upgrade of SE535 to a 8 drive 4way crossover that is build by Rooth just like your LS8.

 

In which I also specially requested mine to present the sound in a more analytic presentation. Which didn't sound as forgiving and as smooth in the high frequency region as you have mentioned in your LS8's review. Beside that I've had very similar bass impression of mine upgraded 535 to your LS8 for that bass response with the sub-bass rumble that's slightly out of control to my taste, but when comparing to 16Pro's mid bass rumble I find it slightly more enjoyable. Thats mine's frequency response curve, that suppose you can see its rather similar to yours beside the mid range to mid/high range frequency is different. As according to my the shop that I deal with Rooth kept parts of 535 to build the upgrade therefore it kept the out standing mid/mid high range performance of my old shure 535.

 

b49f628d306d44c0f55ddc3275769a54.jpg

anyway great review, will be looking forward of reading your ACS T1's review, as I got my order through to them not long ago.

post #17 of 392
Thread Starter 

No problem.

 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the upgraded 535; are thinking of getting the NT-6?

post #18 of 392

Thanks :)

 

I think my special request in making my CIEM to be as analytic as possible.

 

(my original request was to solve the shure 535's rather unbalanced signature .

As to me 535's got roll-over highs and blurry mid bass which just aint sounding natural, therefore I asked to keep the shure's vocal presentation together with adding in bass and highs to solver the rather unbalanced sound.

 

And the presentation of the sound to be as analytic as possible to sound like the perfect monitor yet keep's shure's mids)

 

That made my upgrade 535's highs to sound more to your description of NT-6 or any similar CIEM with bright and rather non-musical yet detailed sound. 

 

And for times when comparing to JH16Pro (reshell) or other regular SE535 the overall detail presented from this upgraded sounded slightly more unpleasant as its just not musical.

 

 

 

Talking of my next upgrade/purchase:

 

Sadly I've just placed my order with ACS on their new "T1 Live!" that I'm slightly broke for the time being. 

 

Therefore, I'm really looking forward to your T1's review see if it's the same as mine:)

(as my budgets cannot afford another CIEM in next short while )


Edited by remielsum - 1/13/12 at 2:51am
post #19 of 392
Thread Starter 

Interesting that you went with that vs. something that was pre-designed from scratch for optimal performance, but I guess it might be nice having something that is unique.  I wonder how your creation would compare with something designed from scratch like the NT-6 or LS8.

 

And no need to be sad about the T1 Live!, that is a very nice CIEM and I am looking forward to reviewing it.

post #20 of 392

have you got the original cable, Joe?

post #21 of 392
Thread Starter 

Not yet.

post #22 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

Interesting that you went with that vs. something that was pre-designed from scratch for optimal performance, but I guess it might be nice having something that is unique.  I wonder how your creation would compare with something designed from scratch like the NT-6 or LS8.

 

And no need to be sad about the T1 Live!, that is a very nice CIEM and I am looking forward to reviewing it.



I've just listened to my upgraded 535 again, after plugged it to a radio and kept it running for over 2weeks after first listen.

 

What im getting now is somewhat different after all these 300+hrs worth of burn-in.

I must admit that although its done by rooth and shares the same pieces of technology of the LS8 together with shure's 535

this hybrid creation nolonger sound like how it started:

which had slightly over emphasised detail sharp highs and shure's mid range plus great bass and of course the sub bass rumble....

 

its not much more smooth...and the shure' vocal's and the rather analytic detail highs are somewhat nicely integrated 

 

At the moment its's sub bass emphasis tighten up, the sub bass rumble is more refine at the moment i m abit surprise to how it is at moment(of course when i pump some beats through it i get the L3000.gif sub bass from it but its great that it nolonger somewhat blended it felts as if theres more texture...

but sometimes i do miss the sub bass rumble for how much fun it gave me)

 

 

talking of its highs, although sometimes it's still like LS8 giving a slight "s~s" sound in some songs...

yet its smooth and great that its still so dame analytic, this really keeps me happy

 

and of course the mids is still just like shure'ss......in which i think some of the ppl i knew(friend of mine) who find shure's 535 performance in male vocal is rather disappointing (when its comparing to a W4r)

then this disappointing thing is still around...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

umm getting back to why i decided to go head to build to hybrid, after getting the shure535 i got the MDR7550 and i asked myself i wonder if there's anything that sound as flat and somewhat accurate sounding as MDR7550 yet has a mid range emphasis just like shures' 

then i started trying out demos of ES5, ES3X....and went around in town and spoken to various ppl 

 

1 that told me rooth, might have an option and said my additional request might well be achievable ...

so i went ahead.... which the special request.....making it even more unique...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

talking of CIEMs that a build from scratch to have optimised performance .... I've got a re-shelled JH16Pro, i think they are about as fine beside they emphases the exact opposite sound frequency.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

talking of ACS T1 Live, well~well, im feeling sad that i dont have the $$ to order a NT6 for next short while and wonder how it performs in the sub bass region....

As i tend to find quite a lot of IEMs had great bass extension but yet they are lacking of sub-bass emphasis to make it sound "full" to me...

 

and again, im really looking forward to your review of ACS T1 Live and how it compares to 16Pro and LS8 and of course other great CIEMs 

 

post #23 of 392
Thread Starter 

Hidition informed me that they now accept credit cards for international orders.  Also, they are working on the microphonics issue with the premium cable and will be sending me a sample along with the stock cable.  I will compare them and update the thread with the results.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remielsum View Post



I've just listened to my upgraded 535 again, after plugged it to a radio and kept it running for over 2weeks after first listen.

 

What im getting now is somewhat different after all these 300+hrs worth of burn-in.

I must admit that although its done by rooth and shares the same pieces of technology of the LS8 together with shure's 535

this hybrid creation nolonger sound like how it started:

which had slightly over emphasised detail sharp highs and shure's mid range plus great bass and of course the sub bass rumble....

 

its not much more smooth...and the shure' vocal's and the rather analytic detail highs are somewhat nicely integrated 

 

At the moment its's sub bass emphasis tighten up, the sub bass rumble is more refine at the moment i m abit surprise to how it is at moment(of course when i pump some beats through it i get the L3000.gif sub bass from it but its great that it nolonger somewhat blended it felts as if theres more texture...

but sometimes i do miss the sub bass rumble for how much fun it gave me)

 

 

talking of its highs, although sometimes it's still like LS8 giving a slight "s~s" sound in some songs...

yet its smooth and great that its still so dame analytic, this really keeps me happy

 

and of course the mids is still just like shure'ss......in which i think some of the ppl i knew(friend of mine) who find shure's 535 performance in male vocal is rather disappointing (when its comparing to a W4r)

then this disappointing thing is still around...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

umm getting back to why i decided to go head to build to hybrid, after getting the shure535 i got the MDR7550 and i asked myself i wonder if there's anything that sound as flat and somewhat accurate sounding as MDR7550 yet has a mid range emphasis just like shures' 

then i started trying out demos of ES5, ES3X....and went around in town and spoken to various ppl 

 

1 that told me rooth, might have an option and said my additional request might well be achievable ...

so i went ahead.... which the special request.....making it even more unique...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

talking of CIEMs that a build from scratch to have optimised performance .... I've got a re-shelled JH16Pro, i think they are about as fine beside they emphases the exact opposite sound frequency.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

talking of ACS T1 Live, well~well, im feeling sad that i dont have the $$ to order a NT6 for next short while and wonder how it performs in the sub bass region....

As i tend to find quite a lot of IEMs had great bass extension but yet they are lacking of sub-bass emphasis to make it sound "full" to me...

 

and again, im really looking forward to your review of ACS T1 Live and how it compares to 16Pro and LS8 and of course other great CIEMs 

 

 

No surprise that the sound changed over time, cable, crossovers, and possibly the drivers all can change as current starts to flow, and I think it is more apparent with higher performing products.  

 

Thanks for sharing the additional information and I am glad you are enjoying your creation!  The NT-6 has more bass capability than the T1 Live!, but the T1 Live! is warmer and has a slight bass emphasis in comparison to the NT-6, although the NT-6 has more sub-bass emphasis.  Of course, there is a trade off between dynamic bass and BA bass most of the time, with the BA bass having less rumble but better control, however with the NT-6 the rumble is great for the sound signature.

post #24 of 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by average_joe View Post

Hidition informed me that they now accept credit cards for international orders.  Also, they are working on the microphonics issue with the premium cable and will be sending me a sample along with the stock cable.  I will compare them and update the thread with the results.
 

 

No surprise that the sound changed over time, cable, crossovers, and possibly the drivers all can change as current starts to flow, and I think it is more apparent with higher performing products.  

 

Thanks for sharing the additional information and I am glad you are enjoying your creation!  The NT-6 has more bass capability than the T1 Live!, but the T1 Live! is warmer and has a slight bass emphasis in comparison to the NT-6, although the NT-6 has more sub-bass emphasis.  Of course, there is a trade off between dynamic bass and BA bass most of the time, with the BA bass having less rumble but better control, however with the NT-6 the rumble is great for the sound signature.


Thanks sharing man,

 

its great to know that they finally start to make a move to provide their service to rest of the world so us can enjoy their products too :)

 

I really hope their performance stabilise soon... or if its bass tighten any further, i would probably find it began to become rather lacking in the exciting bass that it managed to generate at the start....

and become over focus in mid/highs...somewhat top heavy confused_face.gif, hope not....as rite now i find myself needing to put on more EQ at 55 Hz@ foobar. to promote more bass emphasis for some techno sounds....

(forgot to say that its even more picky on source at the momentconfused_face.gif.....but thats the results of me asking the craftsman to make it as analytic as they can do ...)

 

 

and thanks for your quick review on how NT-6's bass compare to ACS T1 Live, sounds interesting :)

umm, hope im not picking it up wrong, but to me it sounded like while NT6 has similar/less/not as rich sub bass rumble to LS8 yet more flat...and that ACS T1! Live does have bass emphasis with less extension, hope it doesn't response in the same style as the excitement of 16pro's in the bass heavy tracks blink.gif or similar mid bass bumb,

Or its just a merely there that i shall not worry much bigsmile_face.gif

 

but anyway really looking forward to see your review?, but guessing it wont be up till the end of the month? or at the early stage of next month?


Edited by remielsum - 1/17/12 at 10:26am
post #25 of 392
Thread Starter 

The NT-6 has more ability to rumble than the LS8, but the bass is much flatter and doesn't have the warmth of the LS8.  The T1 Live! doesn't lack extension, (at least much, if any, but I still need to do more listening), but the capability of the single bass driver isn't on par with the NT-6.  I am not sure about the T1 vs. the LS8 at this time.  I have not started the T1 Live! review as I am finishing the EM4 review first.

post #26 of 392

bay any chance do you know all of their house design artworks, Joe?

post #27 of 392
Thread Starter 

I have seen their artwork and deciding what to get with my NT-6 Pro and possibly a change for my NT-6.  I sent the NT-6 back for a refit as the canals were a bit too thick, causing discomfort after an hour or so (my impression, due to the impression material).  Hidition was gracious enough to fix the issue even though it was my fault.

post #28 of 392
They are nice to you, of course wink.gif. Ah, they'll send you a stock cable, won't they?
and it'd be nicer if they publish all of their house design artworks on the website!
post #29 of 392
Thread Starter 

Yes, the will send the stock cable when they send my NT-6 back, and I believe an improved premium cable since they took my comments about the issue with microphonics seriously.  And they do have the custom art on their website here.

post #30 of 392
Well, i think that page is where they exhibit all the custom had done by them. And the second one belonged to some Joe from America in that list is yours, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?