What are you coming from? How long is the nozzle? Have you contacted Hidition?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/6/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHidition NT-6tagged by System, 3/1/13
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/6/12
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/6/12More
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (28 reviews: Audio Earz... Last post on Yesterday at 3:56 pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm going to try some customs... Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Questions on Reshelling IEMs. Last post on 6/6/12 at 7:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 11/23/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (In-Ear)Last edited: 5/29/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I had my C435 for nearly 3 months now. The waiting period to obtain them was significantly short of 3 weeks. I knew of this pair of custom through a friend of mine. I wasn't convinced on how...
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? - Page 8post #106 of 2265/12/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 2265/12/12 at 2:34pm
I have had the Westone ES5 and I found its treble to be a bit soft. Its about the same length as yours, maybe a little bit longer. No I thought it was supposed to sound like that. It fits perfect and It has gone 3 months since I got it. It has enhanced treble and I there where no reviews.
post #108 of 2265/12/12 at 7:07pmThread Starter
What source are you using and did you get the standard or premium cable? I am not hearing the treble as peaky, but there is a lot. How well are your tracks mastered and what is the bitrate as I find that makes huge differences to the quality of the treble which bright detailed CIEMs can be brutal with. I have a lot of metal and literally half of it is not very well mastered.post #109 of 2265/13/12 at 12:48am
I have tried everything. Clip plus, Iphone - Algorhythm solo, little dot Dp_1. 320 to flac, The premium cable was the worst. I´am using chris himself copper gold cable. If I would listen to something like Metallica (black, album- Death Magnetic who have very loud drums I would probably get hearing damage. And there is alot of sibilance.post #110 of 2265/17/12 at 2:17ampost #111 of 2265/17/12 at 7:03amThread StarterQuote:
The differences are as described, although the bass isn't too much more enhanced and the brighter treble has a different tonality to it. And I would say the sound signatures, while similar, are different. I haven't even started on my review, so I don't like to pre-categorize things, but I think the NT-6 pro may be the brightest CIEM I have.post #112 of 2265/18/12 at 10:05ampost #113 of 2266/4/12 at 2:51pm
I just received my NT-6 Pro monitors. Although I assume the sound will change--possibly quite a bit--between now and the time I break them in properly, my initial impressions are that these monitors are excellent and the best in-ear monitors I've ever heard. My other pair of custom IEMs are the Sensaphonics 2X-S. While those are excellent, there is really no comparison to the NT-6 Pro. Specifically, the Sensaphonics sound much thinner and "tinny", with no warmth or depth. They are simply not nearly as musical. Those at Sensaphonics will undoubtedly respond that this is because their monitors are not colored; but rather, that they accurately portray the sound as true "reference" monitors should do. Don't get me wrong--I love the clarity of the Sensaphonics--but the NT-6 Pro offers that clarity and accurate reference quality while also being incredibly musical, warm and rich, like the music that they project. More to come after a lengthy (100+ hour) break in period.
Drewpost #114 of 2266/4/12 at 7:56pmThread Starter
Thanks for your initial impressions Drew and interesting comparison between the NT-6 pro and 2X-S. The NT-6 is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 due to the additional brightness. Although I don't think the NT-6 pro is as thin as the NT-6, I wouldn't call it warm, but it can be full in the low end depending on the track.
My NT-6 pro has changed quite a bit, but it has taken much more time than most (I used the NT-6 pro for burn in of a cable, so it got an additional 300 hours. So, the treble, while still bright, is smoother than before. The bass is more prominent, but only when the song calls for it, which can sound lean in some songs but nice and enhanced in others. Also, the midrange has come into its own, no longer being recessed, but balanced with the rest of the spectrum. That has come from listening the past 5 to 6 nights.post #115 of 2266/4/12 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
Thanks for your initial impressions Drew and interesting comparison between the NT-6 pro and 2X-S. The NT-6 is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 [Pro?] due to the additional brightness. Although I don't think the NT-6 pro is as thin as the NT-6, I wouldn't call it warm, but it can be full in the low end depending on the track.
My NT-6 pro has changed quite a bit, but it has taken much more time than most (I used the NT-6 pro for burn in of a cable, so it got an additional 300 hours. So, the treble, while still bright, is smoother than before. The bass is more prominent, but only when the song calls for it, which can sound lean in some songs but nice and enhanced in others. Also, the midrange has come into its own, no longer being recessed, but balanced with the rest of the spectrum. That has come from listening the past 5 to 6 nights.post #116 of 2266/4/12 at 9:53pmpost #117 of 2266/4/12 at 9:56pmQuote:
It had nothing to do with grammar. I was trying to make sure he meant a comparison between the NT6 and NT6 Pro. He could've meant another model and accidentally written NT6, though the most likely reference is to the NT6 Pro.post #118 of 2266/4/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Thank you for catching my mistake. It should read: The NT-6 pro is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 due to the additional brightness.
The NT-6 is extremely clear and cuts through the presentation letting you hear every detail with ease. The down side to the sound is that the NT-6 could be too thin sounding for some people as the bass is extremely neutral. The NT-6 pro improves upon the clarity of the NT-6 due to the additional enhancement of the treble, but at the same time the NT-6 pro is also warmer with more bass emphasis resulting in a fuller sound. The sound still isn't full in comparison with say the 8.A or the SE 5-way, and the low end is very dependent upon the track, but it can sound more musical and less reference. Of course, there is a trade off (isn't there always): the treble boost can be too much depending on the track and source, leading to sharp S's. The clarity of the Hidition products is very different than that of the SE 5-way, but in line with that of the UERM.post #119 of 2266/5/12 at 7:39am
Thanks Joe. I've been reading your reviews over time as an observer, and just yesterday, afte receiving my NT-6 Pros, I decided to join the fray. I'm glad to hear what you said about the long break-in period for the NT-6 Pro, as it gives me a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks. I listen to my music on an iPhone 4S, mostly through Spotify, as I'm typically on the go or in my car and can't lug around my laptop. I'd appreciate hearing your views about what the best source would be for my new NT-6 Pro monitors. Thanks.
--Drewpost #120 of 2266/6/12 at 12:16amThread Starter
Best source...the DX100 or 801 (well, maybe wait for the 802) just because they both bring out the amazing detail the NT-6 and NT-6 pro can reproduce. While other sources are good and very enjoyable (Stepdance amp for example with my modded iPod or the RoCoo BA), the 801/DX100 is a much improved experience from the little things that those players add.
Let us know your experience over the weeks to come.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › SilverFi D-2 vs.Oyaide DR-510 Digital cables & SilverFi Spirit SG... 50 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Do I need an amp for Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250? 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni + Modi combo WANT TO BUY 3 minutes ago
- › LA7000 - Denon D7000 with Lawton Cups and high end balanced cable 4 minutes ago
- › Bandcamp promotion thread 5 minutes ago
- › [Impression] FiiO E10 6 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 7 minutes ago
- › Q701 appreciation thread 7 minutes ago
- › [Review] Sennheiser IE800: Appreciation, Frustration and a bunch of... 7 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by TheLastDevil
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi