What are you coming from? How long is the nozzle? Have you contacted Hidition?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/6/12
- productEarSonics EM3-PROtagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 6/6/12
- productHidition NT-6tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productHidition NT-6PROtagged by System, 6/6/12
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/6/12
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/6/12
- productRooth Lab LS 8tagged by System, 6/6/12
- productSpiral Ear SE 5-Way Referencetagged by System, 6/6/12More
- productStarkey SA-43tagged by System, 6/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- Custom IEM Review: Heir Audio 8.A – Long live the king Last post on 1/2/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion (Check first post for... Last post on 9/1/16 at 7:36am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WTB: JH Audio JH16 FP JH13 FP Freqphase or Roxanne, Noble K10, Hidition NT6 Pro, Rooth LS8+ or... Last post on 4/30/14 at 2:38pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- CIEM with sound signature similar to the PRO 900 Last post on 1/1/13 at 9:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- I'm going to try some customs... Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference? - Page 8post #106 of 6015/12/12 at 1:46pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #107 of 6015/12/12 at 2:34pm
I have had the Westone ES5 and I found its treble to be a bit soft. Its about the same length as yours, maybe a little bit longer. No I thought it was supposed to sound like that. It fits perfect and It has gone 3 months since I got it. It has enhanced treble and I there where no reviews.
post #108 of 6015/12/12 at 7:07pmThread Starter
What source are you using and did you get the standard or premium cable? I am not hearing the treble as peaky, but there is a lot. How well are your tracks mastered and what is the bitrate as I find that makes huge differences to the quality of the treble which bright detailed CIEMs can be brutal with. I have a lot of metal and literally half of it is not very well mastered.post #109 of 6015/13/12 at 12:48am
I have tried everything. Clip plus, Iphone - Algorhythm solo, little dot Dp_1. 320 to flac, The premium cable was the worst. I´am using chris himself copper gold cable. If I would listen to something like Metallica (black, album- Death Magnetic who have very loud drums I would probably get hearing damage. And there is alot of sibilance.post #110 of 6015/17/12 at 2:17ampost #111 of 6015/17/12 at 7:03amThread StarterQuote:
The differences are as described, although the bass isn't too much more enhanced and the brighter treble has a different tonality to it. And I would say the sound signatures, while similar, are different. I haven't even started on my review, so I don't like to pre-categorize things, but I think the NT-6 pro may be the brightest CIEM I have.post #112 of 6015/18/12 at 10:05ampost #113 of 6016/4/12 at 2:51pm
I just received my NT-6 Pro monitors. Although I assume the sound will change--possibly quite a bit--between now and the time I break them in properly, my initial impressions are that these monitors are excellent and the best in-ear monitors I've ever heard. My other pair of custom IEMs are the Sensaphonics 2X-S. While those are excellent, there is really no comparison to the NT-6 Pro. Specifically, the Sensaphonics sound much thinner and "tinny", with no warmth or depth. They are simply not nearly as musical. Those at Sensaphonics will undoubtedly respond that this is because their monitors are not colored; but rather, that they accurately portray the sound as true "reference" monitors should do. Don't get me wrong--I love the clarity of the Sensaphonics--but the NT-6 Pro offers that clarity and accurate reference quality while also being incredibly musical, warm and rich, like the music that they project. More to come after a lengthy (100+ hour) break in period.
Drewpost #114 of 6016/4/12 at 7:56pmThread Starter
Thanks for your initial impressions Drew and interesting comparison between the NT-6 pro and 2X-S. The NT-6 is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 due to the additional brightness. Although I don't think the NT-6 pro is as thin as the NT-6, I wouldn't call it warm, but it can be full in the low end depending on the track.
My NT-6 pro has changed quite a bit, but it has taken much more time than most (I used the NT-6 pro for burn in of a cable, so it got an additional 300 hours. So, the treble, while still bright, is smoother than before. The bass is more prominent, but only when the song calls for it, which can sound lean in some songs but nice and enhanced in others. Also, the midrange has come into its own, no longer being recessed, but balanced with the rest of the spectrum. That has come from listening the past 5 to 6 nights.post #115 of 6016/4/12 at 9:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
Thanks for your initial impressions Drew and interesting comparison between the NT-6 pro and 2X-S. The NT-6 is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 [Pro?] due to the additional brightness. Although I don't think the NT-6 pro is as thin as the NT-6, I wouldn't call it warm, but it can be full in the low end depending on the track.
My NT-6 pro has changed quite a bit, but it has taken much more time than most (I used the NT-6 pro for burn in of a cable, so it got an additional 300 hours. So, the treble, while still bright, is smoother than before. The bass is more prominent, but only when the song calls for it, which can sound lean in some songs but nice and enhanced in others. Also, the midrange has come into its own, no longer being recessed, but balanced with the rest of the spectrum. That has come from listening the past 5 to 6 nights.post #116 of 6016/4/12 at 9:53pmpost #117 of 6016/4/12 at 9:56pmQuote:
It had nothing to do with grammar. I was trying to make sure he meant a comparison between the NT6 and NT6 Pro. He could've meant another model and accidentally written NT6, though the most likely reference is to the NT6 Pro.post #118 of 6016/4/12 at 11:17pmThread Starter
Thank you for catching my mistake. It should read: The NT-6 pro is probably the clearest monitor I have, even clearer than the NT-6 due to the additional brightness.
The NT-6 is extremely clear and cuts through the presentation letting you hear every detail with ease. The down side to the sound is that the NT-6 could be too thin sounding for some people as the bass is extremely neutral. The NT-6 pro improves upon the clarity of the NT-6 due to the additional enhancement of the treble, but at the same time the NT-6 pro is also warmer with more bass emphasis resulting in a fuller sound. The sound still isn't full in comparison with say the 8.A or the SE 5-way, and the low end is very dependent upon the track, but it can sound more musical and less reference. Of course, there is a trade off (isn't there always): the treble boost can be too much depending on the track and source, leading to sharp S's. The clarity of the Hidition products is very different than that of the SE 5-way, but in line with that of the UERM.post #119 of 6016/5/12 at 7:39am
Thanks Joe. I've been reading your reviews over time as an observer, and just yesterday, afte receiving my NT-6 Pros, I decided to join the fray. I'm glad to hear what you said about the long break-in period for the NT-6 Pro, as it gives me a lot to look forward to in the next few weeks. I listen to my music on an iPhone 4S, mostly through Spotify, as I'm typically on the go or in my car and can't lug around my laptop. I'd appreciate hearing your views about what the best source would be for my new NT-6 Pro monitors. Thanks.
--Drewpost #120 of 6016/6/12 at 12:16amThread Starter
Best source...the DX100 or 801 (well, maybe wait for the 802) just because they both bring out the amazing detail the NT-6 and NT-6 pro can reproduce. While other sources are good and very enjoyable (Stepdance amp for example with my modded iPod or the RoCoo BA), the 801/DX100 is a much improved experience from the little things that those players add.
Let us know your experience over the weeks to come.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Hidition NT-6 Custom IEM Review: The Ultimate Reference?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 25 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best android music player app? 3 minutes ago
- › Want to Control Speakers/Sub and Headphones Through Separate Volume... 3 minutes ago
- › Shanling M2 DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 9 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 13 minutes ago
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 14 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 17 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...