Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread - Page 49

post #721 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizMoxie View Post

It is just a high power amplifier for the time being. However, we're also working on a high-power amp/DAC (w/FullSpec technology, aka ZO3), and a CD-quality wireless ZO. We're not sure if these variations will be offered in one package, as separate products, or what to do just yet. But I will definitely keep you guys updated.

P.S. Suggestions are always welcome!

Interesting. I wonder if the DAC will be Apple Lightning compatible, so It can be used with digital out. Any timeframe for this ZO3?

P.S. I heard about SmartVektor, but what is FullSpec?
Edited by Vibemerchant - 10/28/12 at 12:16pm
post #722 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibemerchant View Post


Interesting. I wonder if the DAC will be Apple Lightning compatible, so It can be used with digital out. Any timeframe for this ZO3?
P.S. I heard about SmartVektor, but what is FullSpec?

only thing i worry about apple compatible is that it would require apple certification and cost additional $$$

 

i typed fullspec into google and got this back:

 

 

Customize

You can choose from a selection of pre-designed audio cores and a variety of peripherals to configure a solution for any application need.

  • Choose from either our LoFreq or FullSpec vitalization ranges, both available in consumer or professional performance grades

 

not really sure what it is though... 

post #723 of 1021

FullSpec is a term used by those at digiZoid to refer to the full frequency encompassing version of the smartVektor technology. The implementation in the ZO2 and ZO1 is considered LoFreq as it only covers the first 1khz right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibemerchant View Post


Interesting. I wonder if the DAC will be Apple Lightning compatible, so It can be used with digital out. Any timeframe for this ZO3?
P.S. I heard about SmartVektor, but what is FullSpec?
post #724 of 1021
If you have the time, you can find a copy of the patent describing in detail about SmartVektor and FullSpec using Google Patent.
post #725 of 1021
Thanks guys, sounds like the ZO3 will be even more interesting, or capable. Now if only they could show us the FullMonty on this device cool.gif
post #726 of 1021
I would pay extra for a future apple compatible fullspec version.
post #727 of 1021

I'd pay more than that for a non-apple compatible FullSpec Version.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunshane View Post

I would pay extra for a future apple compatible fullspec version.
post #728 of 1021
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

I'd pay more than that for a non-apple compatible FullSpec Version.....

OTG USB?
post #729 of 1021
Just a quick question to owners of a ZO: in the lowest (green?) setting, is bass on the standard level you're used to getting from your headphones, or is bass actually decreased from that "0-point"? I ask this because I'd like the flexibility of either emphasizing or de-emphasizing bass-levels.
post #730 of 1021

The green setting does not decrease bass. The ZO never decreases bass.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibemerchant View Post

Just a quick question to owners of a ZO: in the lowest (green?) setting, is bass on the standard level you're used to getting from your headphones, or is bass actually decreased from that "0-point"? I ask this because I'd like the flexibility of either emphasizing or de-emphasizing bass-levels.
post #731 of 1021

just installed rockbox into my first protable rig- ipod video 5g

out to iems was meh

but attached/ used zo for first time

eek.gif

post #732 of 1021

Wait till that thing got a good 50+ hours on it. Burn in does wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyash View Post

just installed rockbox into my first protable rig- ipod video 5g

out to iems was meh

but attached/ used zo for first time

eek.gif

post #733 of 1021
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenman345 View Post

Wait till that thing got a good 50+ hours on it. Burn in does wonders

 

QFT, well I didn't personally experience THAT much of a difference on ZO2.3 but boy... my v2.1 went from like being muddy to the point I was very disappointed to completely positively overhelmed after like 20 hrs of burn in. I didn't believe that burn-in could also affect amps until I got ZO2.1


Edited by RPGWiZaRD - 11/1/12 at 11:23pm
post #734 of 1021

Yea, I don't know about the latest board. But my original ZO2.3 was exactly like you described the ZO2.1 you have. My latest ZO2.3 with the latest board actually has changed very little. But for someone new to the sound signature it will be fun to get that milage on their new toy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGWiZaRD View Post

 

QFT, well I didn't personally experience THAT much of a difference on ZO2.3 but boy... my v2.1 went from like being muddy to the point I was very disappointed to completely positively overhelmed after like 20 hrs of burn in. I didn't believe that burn-in could also affect amps until I got ZO2.1

post #735 of 1021

can they charge and play at the same time?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread