Originally Posted by shipsupt
I believe that the case that Audeze uses for the LCD-2 is this one from SKB
It will fit the LCD-2 or an HD-800. I think it's more expensive than Pellican, which is surprisingly affordable considering the high quality.
You should be able to measure your headphones to figure out a size that works for you.
I like that SKB case, it looks just like my LCD2's case. It costs around $50 though.
If you want to go cheap, this $12.99 Snapware food container fits DT880s perfectly:
I am too lazy to post photo now, but I guarantee that it fits DT880s perfectly!
1) It is made of hard plastic, very firm on all surfaces and can resist compression very well.
2) It is also airtight so it can resists moist and dust. Just add some desiccant.
3) Exact right size for DT880s, even with almost maximum headband extension.
4) Clear so you can see what is inside
5) I got mine at local Ross for $9 (See Marshall or Ross if you are in US).
1) I had to take off the sticky food container label.
2) Your headphones may not survive if you sit on this case, while they should if they are in that SKB case.
3) No handle. Although Snapware had a discontinued 40 cups container that has handle and can hold 2 DT880s (check your local Ross, they may still have it for $12).
4) Plain looking?
Edited by zzffnn - 4/4/12 at 11:08am