1. People here often welcome newbies, but are sorry about their wallets.
Keep it fun!
5. Most head-fiers are too polite to tell people to use the search button.
6. Spammers think head-fiers would be interested to buy non-headphones related things like costumes, dresses, etc.
P.S. Numbering would be helpful...
12. The only consensus is that there is no consensus.
13. There are those who know naught but mean well. There are those who know much but are - well, mean. There are the elusive few who are well beyond the mean who know much and mean well. Trust these people.
15. It hasn't all been said, so if you find something out then by all means share it! (I learned this recently)
(edit: I was reading this thread, ready to say "It's all been said, use the Search function!" Then I thought about it and realized #15, as stated.)
16. Great sound doesnt have to be expensive.
17. Old and used whether it be sources or music can give excellent returns on lasting listening pleasure.
18. Even ancient recordings from places like Archive.org with all their grainy scratchy audio are enjoyable to listen to.
19. We are living in a time of musical miracles equivalent to the personal home computer advancements of the 80s and 90s. We can carry whole stores worth of music in our pockets with the same audio quality of a newly purchased vinyl album in the 1970s if not better.
20. 1 objective review (with measurements) is worth 10 audiophile subjective reviews while 1 audiophile subjective review is worth 10 non-audiophile reviews. In other words, 1 objective review is at least as good as 100 consumer reviews.