I am looking to upgrade to the Sennheiser HD 600 as I have been told it is a wonderful headphone however i'm worried that the bass won't be strong enough. I mainly listen to dubstep, electronic, Dance music. Has anyone tried these phones with dubstep? Also i have tried LCD 2 Rev. 1 with dubstep and found bass to be sufficient.
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Sennheiser HD 600 with bassy music?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If those are your main musical genres, then I think Ultrasone's PRO900 would be a better option for ya. Not that the HD600 wouldn't handle those genres well, it's just the PRO900 really excel at those genres(from what I've read) along with having exceptional bass impact and punch.
The HD600s have bass. This is an unfortunate misunderstanding that gets blown out of proportion. The 600s are fairly accurate and do a decent job in playing the music fairly close to the way it was recorded. If the recording is bass heavy, you'll hear it. If it is bass light, it will be light. If you want exaggerated bass, you'll need to look for some headphones that colorize the sound to the bass side of things. Also, the 600s do benefit from proper amping, which does bring the bass to the party.
Unfortunately the HD600 are headphones. A neutral headphone won't give off the same type of bass that a neutral speaker setup will.
It will also depend upon the person and their own preferences as well. I've heard the HD650 and didn't think it had a satisfying bass punch for electronic and hip-hop, but it does have bass.
If anything I say go with HD650.
I am sorry, but the DT990 does not have strong bass. The DT990 has a pretty nice mid-bass, but it has a noticeable rolloff into the sub-bass region. The HD650 does too, but less so.
Edited by TMRaven - 1/3/12 at 5:22pm
If you liked the LCD-2's bass, then I'd think you'd be disappointed with the HD600. I heard the HD600 and the LCD-2 at a meet once. I bought the HD600 for monitoring and studio work, as reference cans. But if I were to listen to music just for enjoyment like the genre's you've mentioned, I wouldn't go for the HD600
Alright so here is the situation. In my hands right now i have the Sennheiser hd 25-1 II and bowers and wilkins c5. Right now the senn kinda acts as both my home setup (with audinst) as well as my portable (with PA2v2). The Bowers are being sold right now for 130. If I sell sennheiser hd 25's then i will ahve approximately 280. With this 280 I have to get both my portable and home setup. I would like to spend most of that on home setup. What would you guys suggest I do. I could score a deal on hd 650 but then i won't have any headphones for portable. If I get hd 600 i will have 40 bucks for portable(i know that isn't much).
Thanks for the help everyone has given so far.
Any other suggestions? I think I am going with Ultrasone Pro 900 because there is a really good deal right now on headfi. I will purchase Sennheiser HD 650 or 600 later when i get more money. My budget is around 290
If you do go with the PRO900, checkout it's appreciation thread for info and any possible tweaks you might want to try down the line.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 1/5/12 at 9:48am
- Sennheiser HD 600 with bassy music?
- › DSP Crossover Neurosis: Intervention Needed 9 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › Plussound Audio Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review of the sennheiser HD 598 CS (close version) 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 8 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 9 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Lots of Eartips for sale (Comply, spinfits, Monster, Westone 9 minutes ago
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear