I am looking to upgrade to the Sennheiser HD 600 as I have been told it is a wonderful headphone however i'm worried that the bass won't be strong enough. I mainly listen to dubstep, electronic, Dance music. Has anyone tried these phones with dubstep? Also i have tried LCD 2 Rev. 1 with dubstep and found bass to be sufficient.
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 3/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Can the Audioquest DragonFly Red drive a pair of Sennheiser HD 600's from an iPhone? Last post on 6/17/16 at 4:50pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need A Middle Ground Last post on 6/3/15 at 10:39am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Fostex TH500RP Last post on 6/20/16 at 7:40am in Headphones (full-size)
- Repair or replace broken HD600? Last post on 3/11/15 at 10:01am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
Sennheiser HD 600 with bassy music?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
If those are your main musical genres, then I think Ultrasone's PRO900 would be a better option for ya. Not that the HD600 wouldn't handle those genres well, it's just the PRO900 really excel at those genres(from what I've read) along with having exceptional bass impact and punch.
The HD600s have bass. This is an unfortunate misunderstanding that gets blown out of proportion. The 600s are fairly accurate and do a decent job in playing the music fairly close to the way it was recorded. If the recording is bass heavy, you'll hear it. If it is bass light, it will be light. If you want exaggerated bass, you'll need to look for some headphones that colorize the sound to the bass side of things. Also, the 600s do benefit from proper amping, which does bring the bass to the party.
Unfortunately the HD600 are headphones. A neutral headphone won't give off the same type of bass that a neutral speaker setup will.
It will also depend upon the person and their own preferences as well. I've heard the HD650 and didn't think it had a satisfying bass punch for electronic and hip-hop, but it does have bass.
If anything I say go with HD650.
I am sorry, but the DT990 does not have strong bass. The DT990 has a pretty nice mid-bass, but it has a noticeable rolloff into the sub-bass region. The HD650 does too, but less so.
Edited by TMRaven - 1/3/12 at 5:22pm
If you liked the LCD-2's bass, then I'd think you'd be disappointed with the HD600. I heard the HD600 and the LCD-2 at a meet once. I bought the HD600 for monitoring and studio work, as reference cans. But if I were to listen to music just for enjoyment like the genre's you've mentioned, I wouldn't go for the HD600
Alright so here is the situation. In my hands right now i have the Sennheiser hd 25-1 II and bowers and wilkins c5. Right now the senn kinda acts as both my home setup (with audinst) as well as my portable (with PA2v2). The Bowers are being sold right now for 130. If I sell sennheiser hd 25's then i will ahve approximately 280. With this 280 I have to get both my portable and home setup. I would like to spend most of that on home setup. What would you guys suggest I do. I could score a deal on hd 650 but then i won't have any headphones for portable. If I get hd 600 i will have 40 bucks for portable(i know that isn't much).
Thanks for the help everyone has given so far.
Any other suggestions? I think I am going with Ultrasone Pro 900 because there is a really good deal right now on headfi. I will purchase Sennheiser HD 650 or 600 later when i get more money. My budget is around 290
If you do go with the PRO900, checkout it's appreciation thread for info and any possible tweaks you might want to try down the line.
Edited by Digital-Pride - 1/5/12 at 9:48am
- Sennheiser HD 600 with bassy music?
- › OPPO PM-1 / PM-2 Loaner Program 41 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 3 minutes ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear