Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 65

post #961 of 2838

commtrd, congs for the pics.

 

To the head-fiers who hesitate to try the LCD-3's: they are as good as commtrd's pictures of them.  Now, if you are more into sound than into graphics, just imagine how pleasurable they can be !


Edited by CoolBurn - 6/18/13 at 1:36am
post #962 of 2838

OMG!!!! just made the leap of faith to lcd3 from hd650+custom cables

OMG!! i am literally breathless, gasping for air every song i hear is in so much detail!

 

coming from hd650, the lcd 3's mids highs lows bass soundstage are all mind blowing, i can die happy now  :)


Edited by resshin - 6/18/13 at 5:09am
post #963 of 2838
Quote:
Originally Posted by resshin View Post

OMG!!!! just made the leap of faith to lcd3 from hd650+custom cables
OMG!! i am literally breathless, gasping for air every song i hear is in so much detail!

mids highs lows bass soundstage is all mind blowing, i can die happy now  smily_headphones1.gif
Hold on there ! Mine arrives late this week.. We can go together next week 😜
post #964 of 2838

cant wait for my Auralic Taurus MKII to arrive! using concerto now

post #965 of 2838

stick around and listen for some decades!

 

congratulations. I have found the same with my new LCD-3s


Edited by analog'd - 6/18/13 at 7:03am
post #966 of 2838
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

 

 

Thanks commtrd for posting these great pictures!

 

Well.....I went ahead yesterday and ordered my LCD-3's from Justin @ Headamp. I have really really really been enjoying my LCD-2.2's that I got from him a few months back. My current LCD-2 setup is very near perfection for my preferences, with just a little room for improvement which seems to correspond with the differences I read about from the 2's to 3's. So taking the leap of faith that these will bring my setup even closer to perfection. Also the leap of faith that the wood will be beautiful! It's like waiting for a child to be born - I'm sure to love it no matter what it looks like, but I'm hoping it looks good!

 

I've also got a SPC Norse Skuld 8 that I've been waiting on a couple months now...Norse has had some problems/delays as of late so hopefully that will come soon to finish tying the kit together. 

 

The setup is Jriver ASIO > Audio-GD SA-1.32 DAC > DH Labs Revelation silver RCA > Audio-GD SA-31 Amp > LCD-3. I also have a DACmini CX that works well in the DAC portion of the chain. Probably one of the DAC's will have to go to help offset the LCD-3 upgrade....frown.gif...but hopefully the end result is....smily_headphones1.gif

post #967 of 2838

The LCD3s will not disappoint! Seriously just a really beautiful listening experience. Like hearing all my music all over again for the first time. Looks like you have some good upstream working there so should be good to go when they arrive for sure. Wish my darn Silver Widow would hurry up and get here...

post #968 of 2838

There is a great comfort that comes' in knowing you own one of the worlds best headphones.. And there is no mistake in buying these as they totally satisfy. You will love them.

post #969 of 2838
Nice photos Commtrd. Did you do something to make your wood that glossy or they came that way? My LCD-3s have a varnish on the wood but it is a thinner matt varnish.
post #970 of 2838
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post

Nice photos Commtrd. Did you do something to make your wood that glossy or they came that way? My LCD-3s have a varnish on the wood but it is a thinner matt varnish.

 

I'm guessing they are just freshly waxed is all. Indeed, nice pics... commtrd.

post #971 of 2838
Quote:
Originally Posted by commtrd View Post

The LCD3s will not disappoint! Seriously just a really beautiful listening experience. Like hearing all my music all over again for the first time. Looks like you have some good upstream working there so should be good to go when they arrive for sure. Wish my darn Silver Widow would hurry up and get here...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyTiger View Post

There is a great comfort that comes' in knowing you own one of the worlds best headphones.. And there is no mistake in buying these as they totally satisfy. You will love them.

 

This stuff is indeed good to hear! I'm pretty sure I made the right choice, and I can hardly wait for mine to arrive! It will be sad to say goodbye to the 2's - I love them, but if these are even more of a refinement I know I can't go wrong (regardless of price) 

post #972 of 2838
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonstatt View Post

Nice photos Commtrd. Did you do something to make your wood that glossy or they came that way? My LCD-3s have a varnish on the wood but it is a thinner matt varnish.

Nope all I did when I got the phones was take them out of travel case and plug into balanced cable for Mjolnir. I have done nothing to the wood at all. The finish on these cans is exemplary. They feel and look as a finely tuned instrument which is precisely what they are.
post #973 of 2838

I am listening to the famous song "What a Feeling" (Flashdance - Irene Cara), and I think so as well ...

 

What a feeling, what a sound !

 

Edit:

 

Followed by "Together in Electric Dreams" (G. Moroder and P. Oakey),

 

Yup, together with the LCD-3 ....


Edited by CoolBurn - 6/19/13 at 1:56pm
post #974 of 2838

You can be 100% sure you made the right choice. The LCD-3s are amazing. I had the LCD-2 along with HD800s and T1s. gave up the lcd-2 wanting more of the refinement i got from the other 2 pair. sold the T1s to afford them and got the LCD-3. The best decision in buying gear I've ever made (and i've had a lotta stuff over the decades).

 

what amp will you be driving them with? (you've probably posted this in this thread but...i did look at your profile before inquiring) 

post #975 of 2838
Quote:
Originally Posted by analog'd View Post

You can be 100% sure you made the right choice. The LCD-3s are amazing. I had the LCD-2 along with HD800s and T1s. gave up the lcd-2 wanting more of the refinement i got from the other 2 pair. sold the T1s to afford them and got the LCD-3. The best decision in buying gear I've ever made (and i've had a lotta stuff over the decades).

what amp will you be driving them with? (you've probably posted this in this thread but...i did look at your profile before inquiring)
Thanks! Another positive response! I posted my chain a few posts up:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/588429/audeze-lcd-3-appreciation-thread/960#post_9537007
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread