Someone buy my LCD3 :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 55post #811 of 36785/27/13 at 9:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 36785/27/13 at 10:16pmpost #813 of 36785/27/13 at 10:55pm
I had the Stratus for a while and then returned it. $2600 was out of budget for me. Sounded great, stock tubes matched better with the HD800s however. I'm sure better NOS tubes would've worked nicely with the LCD3. I've still yet to post anything on the Stratus thread, which I'll get to this week. PM me if you want details.post #814 of 36785/28/13 at 2:57ampost #815 of 36785/28/13 at 11:33amQuote:
I take it that you don't believe in all that mumbo-jumbo about a psycho-acoustic adjustment periodpost #816 of 36785/28/13 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200mQuote:
(Nice looking cat.)
Thank you....She is never far from my HP rig.post #817 of 36785/28/13 at 7:36pmpost #818 of 36785/28/13 at 8:28pmpost #819 of 36785/28/13 at 11:05pmQuote:if you're really interested.... I've had my ears for many years and I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they work. They have been pressed into service to this obsessed audiophile for the last 33 years, critically listening to and enjoying mostly superb analog recordings on excellent gear. I'm all over the AB test. My wife can tell when I'm breaking in or even warming up equipment, and she stays away from the sound room until days later the same system again and she says" that's better, what did you change?"
My cat also can tell when gear is cold or new, and shows his critique with the direction of his ears... Folded down is bad, turned backwards is barely acceptable, and high and wide and open is "I approve, carry on." if you're still reading, I'm open to hearing your opinions on psycho acoustics.
Cheers!post #820 of 36785/28/13 at 11:27pm
My opinion is that it takes time for the brain to fully adjust from one sound signature to another. It's a pretty common experience, no matter how excellent one's ears, recordings, and gears are.post #821 of 36785/28/13 at 11:56pmpost #822 of 36785/29/13 at 12:05pmpost #823 of 36785/29/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
Why would anyone spend $600-700 dollars for a usb cable?? ..... I'm auditioning the Wire World Platinum, Audioquest Diamond, and the Synergistic Research Active SE. Look's like I will be buying the SE. Insanity is psychological.post #824 of 36785/29/13 at 7:36pmpost #825 of 36785/30/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I find that immediately switching from one can to another is torturous. However if I wait a day in between i'm less likely to try to over examine sound signatures.
Edited by Rawdawg3234 - 5/30/13 at 10:18am
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 11 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 336 IEMs compared (Gorilla Ears GX-4b added... 22 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 1 minute ago
- › hearing crackling noise on vinyl rip 24/96 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2