Someone buy my LCD3 :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on Yesterday at 10:27 am in High-end Audio Forum
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for an excellent universal IEM with multiple drivers to fit my portable listening needs. Ideally, I would have my beloved LCD-2's in a portable package. I have become addicted to the...
First I’d like to thank Rock Jaw for sending me the Alfa Genus for review. If you haven’t heard of Rock Jaw before, I don’t blame you. They are a rather new company that recently came out with a...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
This is a work in progress, everytime I listen to them with a different source, there's always something new emerging and changing the overall perspective someway. Sources used: Macbook Pro,...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 55post #811 of 28285/27/13 at 9:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 28285/27/13 at 10:16pmpost #813 of 28285/27/13 at 10:55pm
I had the Stratus for a while and then returned it. $2600 was out of budget for me. Sounded great, stock tubes matched better with the HD800s however. I'm sure better NOS tubes would've worked nicely with the LCD3. I've still yet to post anything on the Stratus thread, which I'll get to this week. PM me if you want details.post #814 of 28285/28/13 at 2:57ampost #815 of 28285/28/13 at 11:33amQuote:
I take it that you don't believe in all that mumbo-jumbo about a psycho-acoustic adjustment periodpost #816 of 28285/28/13 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200mQuote:
(Nice looking cat.)
Thank you....She is never far from my HP rig.post #817 of 28285/28/13 at 7:36pmpost #818 of 28285/28/13 at 8:28pmpost #819 of 28285/28/13 at 11:05pmQuote:if you're really interested.... I've had my ears for many years and I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they work. They have been pressed into service to this obsessed audiophile for the last 33 years, critically listening to and enjoying mostly superb analog recordings on excellent gear. I'm all over the AB test. My wife can tell when I'm breaking in or even warming up equipment, and she stays away from the sound room until days later the same system again and she says" that's better, what did you change?"
My cat also can tell when gear is cold or new, and shows his critique with the direction of his ears... Folded down is bad, turned backwards is barely acceptable, and high and wide and open is "I approve, carry on." if you're still reading, I'm open to hearing your opinions on psycho acoustics.
Cheers!post #820 of 28285/28/13 at 11:27pm
My opinion is that it takes time for the brain to fully adjust from one sound signature to another. It's a pretty common experience, no matter how excellent one's ears, recordings, and gears are.post #821 of 28285/28/13 at 11:56pmpost #822 of 28285/29/13 at 12:05pmpost #823 of 28285/29/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
Why would anyone spend $600-700 dollars for a usb cable?? ..... I'm auditioning the Wire World Platinum, Audioquest Diamond, and the Synergistic Research Active SE. Look's like I will be buying the SE. Insanity is psychological.post #824 of 28285/29/13 at 7:36pmpost #825 of 28285/30/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I find that immediately switching from one can to another is torturous. However if I wait a day in between i'm less likely to try to over examine sound signatures.
Edited by Rawdawg3234 - 5/30/13 at 10:18am
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 19 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 26 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 55 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Can anyone identify this brand? 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by lin0003
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)