Someone buy my LCD3 :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 55post #811 of 28695/27/13 at 9:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 28695/27/13 at 10:16pmpost #813 of 28695/27/13 at 10:55pm
I had the Stratus for a while and then returned it. $2600 was out of budget for me. Sounded great, stock tubes matched better with the HD800s however. I'm sure better NOS tubes would've worked nicely with the LCD3. I've still yet to post anything on the Stratus thread, which I'll get to this week. PM me if you want details.post #814 of 28695/28/13 at 2:57ampost #815 of 28695/28/13 at 11:33amQuote:
I take it that you don't believe in all that mumbo-jumbo about a psycho-acoustic adjustment periodpost #816 of 28695/28/13 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200mQuote:
(Nice looking cat.)
Thank you....She is never far from my HP rig.post #817 of 28695/28/13 at 7:36pmpost #818 of 28695/28/13 at 8:28pmpost #819 of 28695/28/13 at 11:05pmQuote:if you're really interested.... I've had my ears for many years and I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they work. They have been pressed into service to this obsessed audiophile for the last 33 years, critically listening to and enjoying mostly superb analog recordings on excellent gear. I'm all over the AB test. My wife can tell when I'm breaking in or even warming up equipment, and she stays away from the sound room until days later the same system again and she says" that's better, what did you change?"
My cat also can tell when gear is cold or new, and shows his critique with the direction of his ears... Folded down is bad, turned backwards is barely acceptable, and high and wide and open is "I approve, carry on." if you're still reading, I'm open to hearing your opinions on psycho acoustics.
Cheers!post #820 of 28695/28/13 at 11:27pm
My opinion is that it takes time for the brain to fully adjust from one sound signature to another. It's a pretty common experience, no matter how excellent one's ears, recordings, and gears are.post #821 of 28695/28/13 at 11:56pmpost #822 of 28695/29/13 at 12:05pmpost #823 of 28695/29/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
Why would anyone spend $600-700 dollars for a usb cable?? ..... I'm auditioning the Wire World Platinum, Audioquest Diamond, and the Synergistic Research Active SE. Look's like I will be buying the SE. Insanity is psychological.post #824 of 28695/29/13 at 7:36pmpost #825 of 28695/30/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I find that immediately switching from one can to another is torturous. However if I wait a day in between i'm less likely to try to over examine sound signatures.
Edited by Rawdawg3234 - 5/30/13 at 10:18am
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Q Cable Appreciation Thread 38 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 56 seconds ago
- › Headphone recommendations for rock/metal $200 budget 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AKG Q701 Black 4 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › ALO RX MKII Tactical Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum on-ear vs over-ear? 6 minutes ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)