Someone buy my LCD3 :P
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on Yesterday at 12:25 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on Yesterday at 12:39 am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:27am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 55post #811 of 29575/27/13 at 9:51pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #812 of 29575/27/13 at 10:16pmpost #813 of 29575/27/13 at 10:55pm
I had the Stratus for a while and then returned it. $2600 was out of budget for me. Sounded great, stock tubes matched better with the HD800s however. I'm sure better NOS tubes would've worked nicely with the LCD3. I've still yet to post anything on the Stratus thread, which I'll get to this week. PM me if you want details.post #814 of 29575/28/13 at 2:57ampost #815 of 29575/28/13 at 11:33amQuote:
I take it that you don't believe in all that mumbo-jumbo about a psycho-acoustic adjustment periodpost #816 of 29575/28/13 at 6:09pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200mQuote:
(Nice looking cat.)
Thank you....She is never far from my HP rig.post #817 of 29575/28/13 at 7:36pmpost #818 of 29575/28/13 at 8:28pmpost #819 of 29575/28/13 at 11:05pmQuote:if you're really interested.... I've had my ears for many years and I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they work. They have been pressed into service to this obsessed audiophile for the last 33 years, critically listening to and enjoying mostly superb analog recordings on excellent gear. I'm all over the AB test. My wife can tell when I'm breaking in or even warming up equipment, and she stays away from the sound room until days later the same system again and she says" that's better, what did you change?"
My cat also can tell when gear is cold or new, and shows his critique with the direction of his ears... Folded down is bad, turned backwards is barely acceptable, and high and wide and open is "I approve, carry on." if you're still reading, I'm open to hearing your opinions on psycho acoustics.
Cheers!post #820 of 29575/28/13 at 11:27pm
My opinion is that it takes time for the brain to fully adjust from one sound signature to another. It's a pretty common experience, no matter how excellent one's ears, recordings, and gears are.post #821 of 29575/28/13 at 11:56pmpost #822 of 29575/29/13 at 12:05pmpost #823 of 29575/29/13 at 3:21pmQuote:
Why would anyone spend $600-700 dollars for a usb cable?? ..... I'm auditioning the Wire World Platinum, Audioquest Diamond, and the Synergistic Research Active SE. Look's like I will be buying the SE. Insanity is psychological.post #824 of 29575/29/13 at 7:36pmpost #825 of 29575/30/13 at 10:16amQuote:
I find that immediately switching from one can to another is torturous. However if I wait a day in between i'm less likely to try to over examine sound signatures.
Edited by Rawdawg3234 - 5/30/13 at 10:18am
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › $200-$300 over ear heaphones for Thrash/Heavy metal 47 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Want to buy Sennheiser Amperior in European Ground 2 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC HP100/HP150 Review and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Westone monitor vault 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)