or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 45

post #661 of 4457

milarepa, I'm glad you too found a piece of equipment that has you enjoying the music more.  I've spent my adult life in this industry, strictly for that reason: to see folks get enjoyment.  It pleases me even if it does not involve my products, I see so many chase the vision of the equipment and never find musical pleasure.  A shame.

 

I know exactly why you guys love the LCD-3 headphones.  They are more about musical pleasure, purely and simply, than anything I've heard.  You can buy more "etch", buy more "perceived detail", emphasis on "perceived", buy more of a "showroom attention getter", but I don't know that you can buy a more faithful representation of the soul of the music.       

post #662 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operakid View Post
 They are more about musical pleasure, purely and simply, than anything I've heard.  You can buy more "etch", buy more "perceived detail", emphasis on "perceived", buy more of a "showroom attention getter", but I don't know that you can buy a more faithful representation of the soul of the music.       

That is the best phrase I've read on head-fi for the last few months. Thank you for that!

 

I feel the same about LCD-3, I've heard it a few times and reviewed it for a local Hi-Fi website.

You nailed it, it is exactly how I feel about LCD-3 too.

Luckily for me I will join LCD-3 appreciation society very soon, my tracking number says 17 April soon :-)

I own also HD800, but I feel that I cannot connect to the soul of music with HD800, it has everything and good qualities, yet everything is also missing...I cannot connect to my soul with HD800, but I can with LCD-2 and LCD-3 and what is more important than pure joy of relaxing and music listening with a big smile on your face?  Nothing .


Edited by DarKu - 4/11/13 at 11:57pm
post #663 of 4457
I listened to Diana Krall sing Peel me a grape yesterday
I did not try to enjoy the music, It kept my attention effortlessly.I did not notice any components, there was just a huge palpable space in which I could touch every instrument

I was spellbound.

I was listening to Emm Labs/ ASR Emitter/Rockport. Yes a speaker system.

That does it for me music wise.

Translate to our headphone world and to LCD 3, my only minor beef is that I get all the beauty from the instruments but not their placement , T1 does better but paler.

IMHO
post #664 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarKu View Post

That is the best phrase I've read on head-fi for the last few months. Thank you for that!

 

I feel the same about LCD-3, I've heard it a few times and reviewed it for a local Hi-Fi website.

You nailed it, it is exactly how I feel about LCD-3 too.

Luckily for me I will join LCD-3 appreciation society very soon, my tracking number says 17 April soon :-)

I own also HD800, but I feel that I cannot connect to the soul of music with HD800, it has everything and good qualities, yet everything is also missing...I cannot connect to my soul with HD800, but I can with LCD-2 and LCD-3 and what is more important than pure joy of relaxing and music listening with a big smile on your face?  Nothing .

Hi DarKu, thanks for the nice compliment on my post.

 

I can say back to you that your words also resonate with me.  The HD800 are great, there is no denying that.  Detail, air, focus, imaging, dynamics.  They are a great tool for my to use in evaluating my equipment designs.  But I obtained the LCD-3 to possibly enhance the musical experience.  In that regard I was willing to give up some detail and top end extension.

 

Instead, although there is less emphasis on the highs, everything is there including the detail and realism.  I am surprised, I thought I would live with colored sound to get the musical ease I wanted.  Instead, I really gave up nothing in terms of actual detail it appears.

 

An example, I use the HD800 to set up phono cartridges, I can hear little tracking details that I cannot hear with any speaker with such certain clarity.  I happened to play that record I use for this test, not looking for those details, just listening for fun.  When that section came, there were the little cues I use to check the setup, clear as day.  There were many other fine details that I heard during the day with the LCD-3 that represent the lowest level details I have heard with the HD800.  

 

I will not say that the LCD-3 are better for everyone over the HD800, and I am not prepared to sell the HD800.  But for me, as you said "what is more important than pure joy of relaxing and music listening with a big smile on your face? Nothing".  And this, the LCD-3 really allow you to do.  

 

Thanks again for your nice words.    

post #665 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operakid View Post

milarepa, I'm glad you too found a piece of equipment that has you enjoying the music more.  I've spent my adult life in this industry, strictly for that reason: to see folks get enjoyment.  It pleases me even if it does not involve my products, I see so many chase the vision of the equipment and never find musical pleasure.  A shame.

I know exactly why you guys love the LCD-3 headphones.  They are more about musical pleasure, purely and simply, than anything I've heard.  You can buy more "etch", buy more "perceived detail", emphasis on "perceived", buy more of a "showroom attention getter", but I don't know that you can buy a more faithful representation of the soul of the music.       

Thanks for that Operakid. These two last posts of yours are really well put. Enjoying and expanding musical horizons is what's it's all about. For me this means feeling the soul of it all, and like you said the lcd3 delivers this. I have not been so fortunate as to test the hd800 but have owned the hd650, and the difference is like owning gear and having an addictive hobby. I prefer the latter!

And bless those creative people who makes all that wonderful music.
Edited by milarepa - 4/12/13 at 8:14am
post #666 of 4457

I am also happy with my pair of LCD3s.

Even though in the moment I have to drive them only with my Asus Xonar STX :(

In the shop where I got them they sounded better by miles (Violectric V800 + Violectric HPA V200 and the second time with Auralic Taurus and MalValve). 

I am looking forward to the Mytek Stereo 192 because now they only sound like worth 1/3 of their price (only guessing but true anyways) and I hope the head amp is enough for the next few months...

post #667 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by milarepa View Post


Thanks for that Operakid. These two last posts of yours are really well put. Enjoying and expanding musical horizons is what's it's all about. For me this means feeling the soul of it all, and like you said the lcd3 delivers this. I have not been so fortunate as to test the hd800 but have owned the hd650, and the difference is like owning gear and having an addictive hobby. I prefer the latter!

And bless those creative people who makes all that wonderful music.

Yes, so true on that last statement.

 

Funny, on most audio forums talk about exploring other types of music, talk about music in general, talk about appreciation of the artists is very rare.  The headphone crowd is a more music loving crowd and a less snobby crowd too.  A great find.  
Well, except that guy who so much talks about how expensive he equipment he has and how expensive all his toys are!  Funny, some people own things mostly for what others will think of them.  In general, another case where the headphone crowd is mostly not that way.   

post #668 of 4457
ope
post #669 of 4457
Operakid

Please explain where That guy discussed the
Price of his equipment .
Please also explain where That guy did-not discus the sound of the Lcd 3
Please also explain how you come to know That guy's motive for posting
post #670 of 4457

I don't need to cause hard feelings, just a little joke for those who have read his posts, but true at the same time.  Just a side of human nature of some folks. The type of guy who has to list all he has, inside the hobby and out.  

 

Back to fun things, your thing about placement of instruments, funny, I find great left to right precision in the LCD-3, kind of above my head, but somehow my mind translates that to a spread in front of me.  

 

The Stax, Koss, Sennheiser HD800 don't really show me that much more or less, just differences in all of them.  The HD800 a bit more outside my head, but still require that "translation".  

 

The Stax Sigma are definitely more "out of the head" for me than any others I have, but I don't find myself loving them like the LCD-3.  In head, out of head, or out in front of me with speakers, seems I can fall into the music if the realism and beauty are there, long as things are not moving randomly in position.  


Edited by Operakid - 4/13/13 at 3:55am
post #671 of 4457
I know who the guy that you're referring to. Quite known that also in headfi.
Is he someone who suggest liquidfire amp for student with 500$ budget? hahaha. quite an amusements tho. kinda missed him.
post #672 of 4457

Hey Redbull, don't know, I did not read that thread you are referring to.  Another guy with HD800.  Wow, they have really sold a lot of those!  Good reason, for sure, have to be one of the greats.

post #673 of 4457
The one RedBull's talking about - his handle started with 'G' - I liked him too. He was a character. Yes, amusing. And full of enthusiasm to try anything, price no obstacle.

I'm not sure he even meant "look at me, look what I've got". I think it didn't occur to him not everyone has the same resources and/or priorities as he.
post #674 of 4457

Different guy.  

post #675 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Operakid View Post

 

Yes, they are fantastic for opera voices.  Congratulations that you are becoming a fan of another type of music.  This always opens up the mind and spirit, and gives yet another source of pleasure.  For me, this is what the equipment is supposed to do: cause you to enjoy the art.  So frequently the equipment becomes the focus.  I find myself enjoying things much more when it is about the music and not the equipment.  And I see this with many of my clients when they gravitate (or I shove them) toward more natural, realistic equipment (as opposed to hyper detailed and "forced" equipment.  

 

If you are starting to enjoy opera and classical you are likely to get "grabbed" by them at some point.  With both, if there is enough interest to explore a bit, and get used to a few favorite pieces, it will lead to needing to hear more and more.  

 

I would be glad if you have some suggestions for me to continue with!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread