Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 5

post #61 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by pp312 View Post

 

Well, it's a hell of a lot better than my Chinese. tongue.gif

 

And your Bahasa Indonesia.   wink.gif

post #62 of 3707

No, actually that's quite good.  biggrin.gif

post #63 of 3707

Am going to have to send my LCD-3s back, due to right driver issues angry_face.gif

Any idea how long it takes for Audeze to get them corrected.

post #64 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHZADA123 View Post

Am going to have to send my LCD-3s back, due to right driver issues angry_face.gif

Any idea how long it takes for Audeze to get them corrected.

 

They're pretty quick about this. When I sent mine back, it took them approx 3 days to have the drivers checked and replaced. Shipping will be another 5 days tho.

post #65 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHZADA123 View Post

Am going to have to send my LCD-3s back, due to right driver issues angry_face.gif

Any idea how long it takes for Audeze to get them corrected.

 

Same day turn around.

post #66 of 3707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post

 

Same day turn around.

 

Mine too for my upgrade from pre to post RMA.

post #67 of 3707

Thanks guys. 

Sending mine back on Monday.

post #68 of 3707
What was the issue with the driver Shahzada?
post #69 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbull View Post

What was the issue with the driver Shahzada?

The right driver kept cutting off whenever I'd adjust the headphones to get the correct placement on my head
post #70 of 3707
Drew asked me to check wether it was due to his Silver Dragon cable plugs but it's not.
I tried both the stock as well as a Norse Audio cables with the same result.
Will have to live without the LCD-3s for about two weeks.
post #71 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHZADA123 View Post


The right driver kept cutting off whenever I'd adjust the headphones to get the correct placement on my head

 

Yep, this was a common problem with the earlier batch of LCD-3s. The RMA LCD-3s seem to have this fixed. I think I was the first to have reported this issue when I had the first batch of LCD-3s delivered to me.

post #72 of 3707
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknightDK View Post

 

Yep, this was a common problem with the earlier batch of LCD-3s. The RMA LCD-3s seem to have this fixed. I think I was the first to have reported this issue when I had the first batch of LCD-3s delivered to me.

 

Maybe the more recent RMA'd batch hasn't been having the driver cut-out issues, but my early RMA'd unit (sent back in March to get the dampening/ear pad revisions) worked great until last month, when I came back from a month away on vacation to find that first one driver, then both, had failed.  My apartment was kept at normal temperatures and there weren't any other issues I'm aware of that would cause the drivers to fail.

 

Well, now I have a double RMA'd unit, and so far no issues.  Audeze was very prompt with their responses and turned mine around the same day.  I just hope that the QC has reached the point where they can safely turn these around that quickly and not have widespread problems down the line.

 

As long as my set still plays music, it sounds pretty freakin' awesome with the Liquid Fire and PWD MKII DAC.  It's hard to imagine (as many people seem to say) that this is a more forgiving headphone than the LCD-2.2 or HD800, because there is a lot of music that just sounds so grainy and compressed on my setup as to be unlistenable.  If that's the case, then I'd hate to hear how that music sounds on those other headphones.  But well-recorded stuff has been mind-blowing.


Edited by dj nellie - 8/20/12 at 10:25am
post #73 of 3707

dt880smile.png

post #74 of 3707

Got to listen to these the other day and I must say I absolutely love the headphone. I never liked the lcd2, but the lcd3, albeit being similar, just sounded more right, more natural and impressed me greatly.

 

I would definitely want these to complement my HD800.

 

However, I also compared them to the HE6 on the Bryston BHA-1, and was even further impressed with those with that particular amp. I was not expecting that since I had listened to the HE6 4 times prior and was always let down. I have to say, although the LCD3 is probably what I should get to befriend my hd800's, and it being a more enjoyable listen overall; I think the HE6 is the overall winner if well driven and considering the price tag.

 

Best I've heard in a headphone yet.
 

post #75 of 3707
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

Got to listen to these the other day and I must say I absolutely love the headphone. I never liked the lcd2, but the lcd3, albeit being similar, just sounded more right, more natural and impressed me greatly.

 

I would definitely want these to complement my HD800.

 

However, I also compared them to the HE6 on the Bryston BHA-1, and was even further impressed with those with that particular amp. I was not expecting that since I had listened to the HE6 4 times prior and was always let down. I have to say, although the LCD3 is probably what I should get to befriend my hd800's, and it being a more enjoyable listen overall; I think the HE6 is the overall winner if well driven and considering the price tag.

 

Best I've heard in a headphone yet.
 

Agreed on both your points...a perfect compliment to the HD800s and the "best I've heard in a headphone yet".  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread