That's a shame. I think at the price they sell something like that is a very nice personal touch.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 270post #4036 of 40439/1/15 at 3:52pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4037 of 40439/1/15 at 4:40pmQuote:
Even sennheiser no longer send out HD800 certificate like they use to. They now only send you a PDF copy, good cost cutting for them.
Considering their margin is very small. I just looked up their revenue and profit. They turn over over 700 million last year but their net profit is only like 37-38 million.post #4038 of 40439/1/15 at 4:44pm
Why can't both makers have something on their website where you can put in your serial number and then receive the chart that way?
I assume they are measuring the headphones anyways in their QA departments, they may as well upload it.post #4039 of 40439/1/15 at 4:57pmpost #4040 of 40439/1/15 at 5:45pmQuote:
Yup, just need to ask, they will email you the chart.post #4041 of 40439/1/15 at 7:59pmI'm also fairly certain the HD-800 chart is only showing deviation from their reference measurement. It could be taken as entirely misleading if one was to believe the measurement shows the frequency response, raw or compensated. It's basically just showing any dB higher or lower than the reference curve measurement.post #4042 of 40439/2/15 at 7:00amQuote:
That's basically what Audeze does with the LCD3 charts now. Just make a request via the support site and the FR charts are emailed to you. The last two I requested arrived within a few hours.post #4043 of 40439/2/15 at 7:06amQuote:Originally Posted by mikoss
I'm also fairly certain the HD-800 chart is only showing deviation from their reference measurement. It could be taken as entirely misleading if one was to believe the measurement shows the frequency response, raw or compensated. It's basically just showing any dB higher or lower than the reference curve measurement.
The bigger problem with the HD-800 chart is that it's so heavily smoothed, it's virtually meaningless. It appears to use 1/3 octave smoothing which is going to fail to show any significant peaks and/or dips. To get any kind of realistic view of FR, 1/12th Octave smoothing should be the minimum used.
Not saying they exist in the HD-800s, but you can't tell from the FR charts supplied.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Need a good amp for Audeze LCD-3 43 seconds ago
- › FS: Pristine Condition AKG K3003I 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 2 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone amplifier 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2