or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 4457
I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it biggrin.gif

Can't wait for the mjolnir to get here next week
post #362 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it biggrin.gif
Can't wait for the mjolnir to get here next week

 

 

Did you get your 4-pin XLR Q cable yet?

post #363 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post


Did you get your 4-pin XLR Q cable yet?

Haven't even ordered one yet.

Probably wont till next year, gotta wait for the wallet to recover lol
Edited by SoupRKnowva - 11/26/12 at 5:48am
post #364 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post


Haven't even ordered one yet.
Probably wont till next year, gotta wait for the wallet to recover lol

 

How are you going to use the LCD-3s on the Mj?  It only has XLR outputs.

post #365 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

How are you going to use the LCD-3s on the Mj?  It only has XLR outputs.

The f1 also only has balanced output tas well. The LCD-3s come with two cables, a single ended one and a balanced one biggrin.gif
post #366 of 4457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it biggrin.gif
 

 

Nice! I know the feeling! L3000.gif

post #367 of 4457

I'm glad you're enjoying the LCD-3. Mine are currently with lappy27 for him to compare to his lcd2's and also compare cables.

 

I'm getting anxious to hear his conclusion, especially regarding on how the cables change the sound.

 

I'm thinking the nucleotide isn't a great match, and on top of that the mjolnir is not a good match for the lcd3 with its punchy bass.
 

post #368 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

 

Nice! I know the feeling! L3000.gif

 

X2 ;)

post #369 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

I have been staying up entirely too late every night listening to these bad boys every since I got them...this would almost be a problem except that I think it's totally and completely worth it biggrin.gif
Can't wait for the mjolnir to get here next week

Mine just arrived today! Gotta get up in 7 hours but don't expect much sleep between then and now.

They do sound similar to my LCD2s but they're more extended yet also more... subtle? Effortless? I'm reaching for the right word - they present a clearer, bigger image but they also feel more relaxed and natural. Love 'em.
post #370 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerico View Post


Mine just arrived today! Gotta get up in 7 hours but don't expect much sleep between then and now.
They do sound similar to my LCD2s but they're more extended yet also more... subtle? Effortless? I'm reaching for the right word - they present a clearer, bigger image but they also feel more relaxed and natural. Love 'em.

the lcd3 is to the lcd2 what an 8cyclinder is to a 4 cylinder car, imo. the lcd3 gets you to your destination in

a quieter, more clear, effortless and relaxed manner.

post #371 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerico View Post


Mine just arrived today! Gotta get up in 7 hours but don't expect much sleep between then and now.
They do sound similar to my LCD2s but they're more extended yet also more... subtle? Effortless? I'm reaching for the right word - they present a clearer, bigger image but they also feel more relaxed and natural. Love 'em.


i think you're reaching for more detailed wink.gif and bigger soundstage...though as ive said, its been quite some time since ive had any time at all with an LCD-2 so who am i to compare the two lol

post #372 of 4457

Another "downside" to these things...i literally cant get any work done when i have them on -_- im trying to work on school work and it just aint happening right now. Why would i be writing this speech outline that's due tomorrow when i could be rocking out with my new LCD-3s?... redface.gif

post #373 of 4457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva View Post

Does anyone else have the same problem with the headband though? with not being able to get it to lay flat without putting it almost off the front of your head?

 

You are not alone. I have the same issue with mine. After an hour or so, it fills like my head was in some kind of medieval torture device very_evil_smiley.gif. Just play around with it. I got it loose a bit and have to readjust from time to time. 

Shame for Audeze: great sound, pure comfort design. Should not happen to 2K hp's. 

post #374 of 4457

Take some pictures from the sides so we can see if yours are put on correctly.  Doesn't sound normal at all.

post #375 of 4457
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zare View Post

 

You are not alone. I have the same issue with mine. After an hour or so, it fills like my head was in some kind of medieval torture device very_evil_smiley.gif. Just play around with it. I got it loose a bit and have to readjust from time to time. 

Shame for Audeze: great sound, pure comfort design. Should not happen to 2K hp's. 

Orthos need magnets to move the drivers...and unfortunately magnets ain't light...so its par for the course typically with orthos. The HE-6s are the same; though I find the LCD-3s a bit more comfortable.

 

Don't forget our Macedonian melons are on the larger side too, so that won't help with the clamping force when compared to others. tongue.gif


Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/29/12 at 5:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread