Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 220

post #3286 of 3300

I recently received cables from ELA Cables (website), I have been using stock cables with my LCD-3F before.

 

These are silver plated copper with teflon shielding, each wire individually sleeved, viablue 1/4" plug. There are several colors one can choose, including mixing colors for the left and right channels which is pretty cool. I ordered mine in black for 90usd (ebay link) 5 to 15ft same price.

 

First impression I immediately noticed a more open sound stage and increased dynamics, tonality did not change much. On second moment the sub bass seems more extended, highs a little cleaner and reduced background noise ("blacker blacks"). Highly recommended.

 


Edited by Matias - 11/10/14 at 2:17pm
post #3287 of 3300
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post


^

I don't have that Beaut you ordered. Love the setup you are putting together.

I'm using the WA22. I am very happy with it. I actually have a very, very nice Home Theater and the Woo is my favorite thing.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas


A most enviable setup, especially the projector. No need to leave the house, you have enough entertainment to last you a lifetime.biggrin.gif

.
Edited by Aural1 - 11/10/14 at 2:05pm
post #3288 of 3300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
 


^

 

I don't have that Beaut you ordered. Love the setup you are putting together.

 

I'm using the WA22. I am very happy with it. I actually have a very, very nice Home Theater and the Woo is my favorite thing.

 

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas


I like you're setup, lots of attention to detail. I used to own a video shop and I got fed up with the case horrors, my kids never put the same movie back in the same case so I ripped them all to my 24TB raid drive. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it takes forever to scroll through 2,000 movies. The cases were good, I regret getting rid of them now.

 

Your setup has that nice retro library feeling. Congrats

post #3289 of 3300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matias View Post
 

I recently received cables from ELA Cables (website), I have been using stock cables with my LCD-3F before.

 

These are silver plated copper with teflon shielding, each wire individually sleeved, viablue 1/4" plug. There are several colors one can choose, including mixing colors for the left and right channels which is pretty cool. I ordered mine in black for 90usd (ebay link) 5 to 15ft same price.

 

First impression I immediately noticed a more open sound stage and increased dynamics, tonality did not change much. On second moment the sub bass seems more extended, highs a little cleaner and reduced background noise ("blacker blacks"). Highly recommended.

 


Very nice. Do they make a balanced connection version?

post #3290 of 3300

Yes.

  • 3.5mm or 1/8 inch Via Blue headphone connector
  • 4 Pin Balanced XLR
  • 6.35mm or 1/4 inch Via Blue headphone connector
  • iBasso balanced headphone connector
  • kobiconn / rsa/ alo balanced headphone connector
post #3291 of 3300
Cool HT Badas!
post #3292 of 3300

Well, I just sold my LCD 3-C's which I've had for a couple of years to get a new fazored LCD-3. One thing that surprised me were the sound differences I've heard compared with what folks have reported. My new fazored LCD-3's are to me MORE powerful in the bass, not less. They are more articulate and detailed in the mids and highs. The sound is still very dark and dynamic. They have lost the yummy sweetness of the old LCD-3C and replaced it with a character of incredible power topped with delicacy and speed. Kind of like, if it were a person, I would say like Mike Tyson if he were an incredibly talented ballet dancer!

Very nice, very different, but not what I was expecting!

post #3293 of 3300

Give them some time to break-in as they will loosen up a fair bit and maybe some of that ease and fullness you are missing will come back. What sold me on the LCD-3F was the degree of-I guess I would say- effortless detail they present relative to the LCD-X and some other headphones. I agree that the bass is leaner but more articulate.

post #3294 of 3300
Interesting report Elrondo. Sounds like you are happy with the differences yes?
post #3295 of 3300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrondo View Post
 

Well, I just sold my LCD 3-C's which I've had for a couple of years to get a new fazored LCD-3. One thing that surprised me were the sound differences I've heard compared with what folks have reported. My new fazored LCD-3's are to me MORE powerful in the bass, not less. They are more articulate and detailed in the mids and highs. The sound is still very dark and dynamic. They have lost the yummy sweetness of the old LCD-3C and replaced it with a character of incredible power topped with delicacy and speed. Kind of like, if it were a person, I would say like Mike Tyson if he were an incredibly talented ballet dancer!

Very nice, very different, but not what I was expecting!


me too, I thought the 3F's have a more detailed bass. I still alternate back & forth between them and the X's though depending on music.

post #3296 of 3300

Yes, personally I like the 3F somewhat more overall...but I miss the sweetness of the 3C.


Edited by Elrondo - 11/15/14 at 4:12pm
post #3297 of 3300

Is the 3f as full sounding as the 3c???

post #3298 of 3300
I was wondering if anyone can compare 3f vs XC? Mike @headfonia describes XC as the closed version of the 3 and best in the line.
Is it really clearer and cleaner sounding and punchier bass than 3?
post #3299 of 3300

XC kinda has its own sound compared to the rest of the LCD line in that it has a forward upper midrange area.  Its bass is the most distinctly pressurized as well, because of its closed-enclosure.

post #3300 of 3300

I have to say Yes, XC has it's own sound that is different from the 2 or 3. I don't think it's better or lesser but more of a different presentation. One is laid back, sweet and relaxing and the other is a bit forward, bold and authoritative. I honestly enjoy both tremendously.

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread