Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 216

post #3226 of 3239

Maybe if you listen long enough to a bad master with tons dynamic compression it will sound good?  I doubt it.  And even if it did, as soon as you listened to something better it would be obvious you've gotten used to crap.  Personally I don't have the patience to listen to crap just to numb my brain to the point I stop reacting to it.

post #3227 of 3239

Today I got my LCD 3! Sadly I am still waiting for my Schiit Gungnir DAC to arrive. For now I am just driving it from my computer headphone jack to Mjolnir (through converter). Sounds pretty good so I can imagine the bump up once my DAC arrives!! Here is a pic!

post #3228 of 3239

Clocked up 6 months with the lcd3f now.. still haven't wiped the smile off my face. :o2smile: 

post #3229 of 3239
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlxx View Post

Clocked up 6 months with the lcd3f now.. still haven't wiped the smile off my face. o2smile.gif  

I'm at 3 months. So I'm at the run home and put them on every night stage. biggrin.gif

I want to own multiple sets of headphones but just can't think of another set that could compete. Might just stay a one set of cans owner. wink.gif
post #3230 of 3239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post


I'm at 3 months. So I'm at the run home and put them on every night stage. biggrin.gif

I want to own multiple sets of headphones but just can't think of another set that could compete. Might just stay a one set of cans owner. wink.gif

If I was to add another set of full-sized cans, I think I'd go with the Alpha Dog Primes. Listened to them for quite a while at CanJam/RMAF recently and they sounded great. Really full and refined, especially for a <$1K (okay, just barely) set of 'phones. Also nice to have a pair of closed-back HP's around. Ended up going for CIEM's from Noble (K10's) instead, so the Primes will have to wait until the audio-investment-pool refills again. Cheers

post #3231 of 3239
I have Grado RS1, Beyer T1, Stax Lambda Pro (old!), LCD2r1 and 3F in my main stable. Used to be the 2r1 got nearly all my time until I put a tube amp with the T1. At that point it became about 1/3 T1, 2/3 2r1.

Since the 3F came along - and especially after I/the hp (delete one) adjusted to that rosy glow I mentioned - I hardly enjoy the T1 at all eek.gif

Occasionally I try the Lambda again, but it (not surprisingly after an Audez'e) always sounds too thin and light.

Haven't heard Alpha Dogs (they sound interesting) or the mighty HD800 (where I reason that as I don't like the Lambda much I may not like these but IDK).
post #3232 of 3239
Quote:
Originally Posted by mscott58 View Post

If I was to add another set of full-sized cans, I think I'd go with the Alpha Dog Primes. Listened to them for quite a while at CanJam/RMAF recently and they sounded great. Really full and refined, especially for a <$1K (okay, just barely) set of 'phones. Also nice to have a pair of closed-back HP's around. Ended up going for CIEM's from Noble (K10's) instead, so the Primes will have to wait until the audio-investment-pool refills again. Cheers

They have been on my Radar for a while. Next year I think. Spending to much $$ on tubes at the moment. wink.gif
post #3233 of 3239

I have only had these cans for only about a week and every time I put them on I have a smile on my face. Anyone else pairing these with IFI IDSD micro? DSD files sound...breathe taking with the LCD-3f. Im curious to know if anyone has paired the lcd-3 with the Bakoon HPA-01 with the current output? I hear that these cans do well with a current input.

post #3234 of 3239

need to rma my pair of lcd-3F :(. My right driver suddenly stopped working :(

post #3235 of 3239
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeAspect View Post
 

need to rma my pair of lcd-3F :(. My right driver suddenly stopped working :(

 

sorry to hear. I've been waiting for 3 weeks and looks like another 3 weeks before I get mine back. In my case it seems to be faulty xlr connector, not the driver itself.

post #3236 of 3239
I got my LCD3 a few days ago and wow! I think the number one point I would like to make is that how this headphone has opened me up to some music which I had ignored till now...like classical.
Also it creeper my girlfriend 😃.She said its too life like.
post #3237 of 3239
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitharsh View Post

I got my LCD3 a few days ago and wow! I think the number one point I would like to make is that how this headphone has opened me up to some music which I had ignored till now...like classical.
Also it creeper my girlfriend 😃.She said its too life like.


Congrats!!  

 

And agreed on how the LCD3F encourages one to explore other genres. Although the 3F sounds abit unrealistic to my ears in some respects, this headphone just presents music in a really engaging and enticing way- more than any other headphone I have come across so far. For classical, I always turn to the 3F. I know that some would raise their eyebrows at that last comment, and I know that the 3F isn't the last word in resolution, but it allows me to enjoy genres like classical that I previously just couldn't get into. This is the main reason why I believe the 3F is special and will be a keeper for a long long time to come IMO

post #3238 of 3239
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyston23 View Post
 


Congrats!!  

 

And agreed on how the LCD3F encourages one to explore other genres. Although the 3F sounds abit unrealistic to my ears in some respects, this headphone just presents music in a really engaging and enticing way- more than any other headphone I have come across so far. For classical, I always turn to the 3F. I know that some would raise their eyebrows at that last comment, and I know that the 3F isn't the last word in resolution, but it allows me to enjoy genres like classical that I previously just couldn't get into. This is the main reason why I believe the 3F is special and will be a keeper for a long long time to come IMO

 

I agree.  I find the 3F is a really nice "upgrade to" option for HD600 owners.  They have a wonderful musicality to them.

post #3239 of 3239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlxx View Post

Clocked up 6 months with the lcd3f now.. still haven't wiped the smile off my face. o2smile.gif  

I'm at 3 months. So I'm at the run home and put them on every night stage. biggrin.gif

I want to own multiple sets of headphones but just can't think of another set that could compete. Might just stay a one set of cans owner. wink.gif


Now that's a good reco right there! Will likely purchase 3f to go along with my X one of these days... Ultimately the only way I will be able to really compare them is to buy the 3f and give it a go. Waiting on the Ragnarok to show up so will be very interesting to listen to my X then someday compare to the 3f.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread