Maybe if you listen long enough to a bad master with tons dynamic compression it will sound good? I doubt it. And even if it did, as soon as you listened to something better it would be obvious you've gotten used to crap. Personally I don't have the patience to listen to crap just to numb my brain to the point I stop reacting to it.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 216post #3226 of 323310/23/14 at 12:24pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3227 of 323310/23/14 at 8:51pm
Today I got my LCD 3! Sadly I am still waiting for my Schiit Gungnir DAC to arrive. For now I am just driving it from my computer headphone jack to Mjolnir (through converter). Sounds pretty good so I can imagine the bump up once my DAC arrives!! Here is a pic!post #3228 of 323310/24/14 at 4:02ampost #3229 of 323310/24/14 at 10:43amQuote:
I'm at 3 months. So I'm at the run home and put them on every night stage.
I want to own multiple sets of headphones but just can't think of another set that could compete. Might just stay a one set of cans owner.post #3230 of 323310/24/14 at 10:52amQuote:
If I was to add another set of full-sized cans, I think I'd go with the Alpha Dog Primes. Listened to them for quite a while at CanJam/RMAF recently and they sounded great. Really full and refined, especially for a <$1K (okay, just barely) set of 'phones. Also nice to have a pair of closed-back HP's around. Ended up going for CIEM's from Noble (K10's) instead, so the Primes will have to wait until the audio-investment-pool refills again. Cheerspost #3231 of 323310/24/14 at 11:28amI have Grado RS1, Beyer T1, Stax Lambda Pro (old!), LCD2r1 and 3F in my main stable. Used to be the 2r1 got nearly all my time until I put a tube amp with the T1. At that point it became about 1/3 T1, 2/3 2r1.
Since the 3F came along - and especially after I/the hp (delete one) adjusted to that rosy glow I mentioned - I hardly enjoy the T1 at all
Occasionally I try the Lambda again, but it (not surprisingly after an Audez'e) always sounds too thin and light.
Haven't heard Alpha Dogs (they sound interesting) or the mighty HD800 (where I reason that as I don't like the Lambda much I may not like these but IDK).post #3232 of 323310/24/14 at 11:43amQuote:Originally Posted by mscott58
If I was to add another set of full-sized cans, I think I'd go with the Alpha Dog Primes. Listened to them for quite a while at CanJam/RMAF recently and they sounded great. Really full and refined, especially for a <$1K (okay, just barely) set of 'phones. Also nice to have a pair of closed-back HP's around. Ended up going for CIEM's from Noble (K10's) instead, so the Primes will have to wait until the audio-investment-pool refills again. Cheers
They have been on my Radar for a while. Next year I think. Spending to much $$ on tubes at the moment.post #3233 of 323310/25/14 at 5:43am
I have only had these cans for only about a week and every time I put them on I have a smile on my face. Anyone else pairing these with IFI IDSD micro? DSD files sound...breathe taking with the LCD-3f. Im curious to know if anyone has paired the lcd-3 with the Bakoon HPA-01 with the current output? I hear that these cans do well with a current input.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 6 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 57 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 1 minute ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-507 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)