Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – The X5 is perhaps the quintessential Fiio player, it was one of their first devices and also one of their most universally acclaimed. Fiio have come far since the unveiling of the...
Introduction FiiO X5-2 is the second generation of X5 DAPs (digital audio players) from FiiO. I owned a FiiO X5 for quite a while before buying X5-2 and I was...
Brainwavz is a company that should be well known by now to anyone who's familiar with Head-Fi. Known for their excellent build quality and reasonable prices, Brainwavz should always be on your...
Introduction I have been an enthusiastic headphone user for many MANY years now. My first set of serious headphones were the open-backed Sennheiser HD400 headphones. From what I remember about...
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 167post #2491 of 45482/27/14 at 1:07pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2492 of 45482/27/14 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by rgs9200m
(repeating myself from another thread with some more info):
I'm mystified by the reports of reticence in the higher frequencies of the LCD3 (at least my pair). They seem quite vibrant and basically totally balanced top to bottom (and have a wonderful deep bass).
I just listened last night for a few hours and thought they were totally musically engaging, with no part of the frequency spectrum standing out, great palbability, sweet and exciting and dynamic and fast all at once.
I guess I've been reading about this reticence in comparison to the the new LCD-XC (which I've never heard), but for me the 3 does it all.
I use Drew's Silver Dragon cable (balanced/Furutech XLRs)
I read in a post you wrote back in 2012 that after getting a newer set of HD800 and the RMA'd LCD-3s the latter were actually brighter than the HD800 and that you felt the HD800 were more natural sounding. Do you still feel that way?post #2493 of 45482/27/14 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Androb
That's quite hilarious. Ordinary people have no idea how expensive headphones can get :)post #2494 of 45482/27/14 at 2:53pmpost #2495 of 45482/27/14 at 2:57pmpost #2496 of 45482/27/14 at 5:49pmpost #2497 of 45482/27/14 at 5:50pmpost #2498 of 45482/27/14 at 10:53pm
When were your pair manufactured? I think the older ones were darker. I just can't call mine dark at all...post #2499 of 45482/27/14 at 11:43pm
+1. With aftermarket cables though the sound was more balanced and neutral (specifically referring to the DHC Complement cable).post #2500 of 45482/27/14 at 11:47pm
Which of course is your opinion. I use the stock balanced cables and do not find my pair so called 'dark' at all, which is mine.post #2501 of 45482/28/14 at 12:02ampost #2502 of 45482/28/14 at 12:23amAs I said it depends on everyone's neutrality reference. I found them quite veiled and a little bit too warm with the stock cable. The air, clarity and detail of an aftermarket cable is just great
Dark is not really a bad thing you know?
Oh, and HD 650 are dark toopost #2503 of 45482/28/14 at 1:13ampost #2504 of 45482/28/14 at 1:20amQuote:
Haha indeed. Didn't even guess half of it's price.
But yea, I am experiencing this at work, a colleauge of mine tells everyone how much I payed for my lcd-3 and I allways gets funny faces and questions of what I earn lol.
Edited by Androb - 2/28/14 at 1:22ampost #2505 of 45482/28/14 at 1:20amI'm sensitive against treble too but I found out that I can add a some overall clarity and sparkle without adding too much harshness or loosing too much bass. So it's kind of a win win for me
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 3 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 seconds ago
- › Pioneer's first DAP, the XDP-100R announced in IFA 24 seconds ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 43 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 50 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 2 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › OnePlus 3 Audio Quality? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by Peddler
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear