- 1,043 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 146post #2176 of 453312/26/13 at 1:58pmThen you must really like the sound of ETP copper. :P For example, the Audeze stock cable is too lazy and veiled sounding for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2177 of 453312/26/13 at 3:19pmpost #2178 of 453312/26/13 at 4:20pmpost #2179 of 453312/26/13 at 10:30pmI guess it comes down to personal preference as always.
Some might love the stock cable for its mega bass.
I tried the stock a couple of times and kept wanting a little bit more sparkle / air / clarity / details. So I went with a copper / silver hybridpost #2180 of 453312/27/13 at 1:14pm
I wouldn't call it significant but I thought the difference between the stock cable and Q was more than minor, on my system anyway. I didn't expect it (I bought the Q for ergo reasons), but I could instantly hear the difference.post #2181 of 453312/28/13 at 4:28amQuote:
If there is synergy with the cable, it may indeed make a big difference. I am using Toxic Silver Widow and the new budget silver with LCD-X and I love it! It really increases transparency, details and clarity compared to stock.post #2182 of 453312/29/13 at 12:36amQuote:
and I'm a huge evangelist/fan of Audeze - as MANY of you already know.
But, admittedly (and this was only judging from an instinct I had) when I first heard the LCD-2 and 3 I told Alex that I "wish I could hear what these headphones are truly capable of"!
That may sound nuts, but coming from the high end audio 2-channel world, I heard my fair share of snake oil,
and the real deal when it comes to cables...
and I KNEW I could squeeze more performance out of the LCD-3!!
now I own the following for my Audeze cans:
ALO Green Line cables
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 w/ adapter kit
Wywires prototype cable
Double Helix Compliment(2) - which is my favorite pairing thus far, and newest cable of the bunch!
if you can't afford to spend much on cables for your Audeze cans,
go for the ALO Green Line - w/ the adapter kit KILLER for the price!!post #2183 of 453312/30/13 at 9:54ampost #2184 of 453312/30/13 at 10:23ampost #2185 of 453312/30/13 at 10:55amQuote:
Agree. If you can find a good used LCD3 for less than retail, it makes it a bit nicer purchase too.post #2186 of 453312/30/13 at 10:54pmpost #2187 of 453312/31/13 at 12:42ampost #2188 of 453312/31/13 at 11:17ampost #2189 of 45331/1/14 at 2:31ampost #2190 of 45331/1/14 at 3:38amQuote:
In my opinion the bass on the 3's are on par with the the 2's just you don't notice it as much because the 3's are more balanced. Also the 3's are a bit pickier and require more power so to get to the same level as the 2's it takes a bit more finesse if you will.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 29 seconds ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 41 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 45 seconds ago
- › Convince a speaker soundstage junkie to invest further into... 1 minute ago
- › Ranking the stars - Flinkenick's Flagship 16 IEM shootout 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 3 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 3 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear