- 1,029 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 146post #2176 of 445112/26/13 at 1:58pmThen you must really like the sound of ETP copper. :P For example, the Audeze stock cable is too lazy and veiled sounding for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2177 of 445112/26/13 at 3:19pmpost #2178 of 445112/26/13 at 4:20pmpost #2179 of 445112/26/13 at 10:30pmI guess it comes down to personal preference as always.
Some might love the stock cable for its mega bass.
I tried the stock a couple of times and kept wanting a little bit more sparkle / air / clarity / details. So I went with a copper / silver hybridpost #2180 of 445112/27/13 at 1:14pm
I wouldn't call it significant but I thought the difference between the stock cable and Q was more than minor, on my system anyway. I didn't expect it (I bought the Q for ergo reasons), but I could instantly hear the difference.post #2181 of 445112/28/13 at 4:28amQuote:
If there is synergy with the cable, it may indeed make a big difference. I am using Toxic Silver Widow and the new budget silver with LCD-X and I love it! It really increases transparency, details and clarity compared to stock.post #2182 of 445112/29/13 at 12:36amQuote:
and I'm a huge evangelist/fan of Audeze - as MANY of you already know.
But, admittedly (and this was only judging from an instinct I had) when I first heard the LCD-2 and 3 I told Alex that I "wish I could hear what these headphones are truly capable of"!
That may sound nuts, but coming from the high end audio 2-channel world, I heard my fair share of snake oil,
and the real deal when it comes to cables...
and I KNEW I could squeeze more performance out of the LCD-3!!
now I own the following for my Audeze cans:
ALO Green Line cables
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 w/ adapter kit
Wywires prototype cable
Double Helix Compliment(2) - which is my favorite pairing thus far, and newest cable of the bunch!
if you can't afford to spend much on cables for your Audeze cans,
go for the ALO Green Line - w/ the adapter kit KILLER for the price!!post #2183 of 445112/30/13 at 9:54ampost #2184 of 445112/30/13 at 10:23ampost #2185 of 445112/30/13 at 10:55amQuote:
Agree. If you can find a good used LCD3 for less than retail, it makes it a bit nicer purchase too.post #2186 of 445112/30/13 at 10:54pmpost #2187 of 445112/31/13 at 12:42ampost #2188 of 445112/31/13 at 11:17ampost #2189 of 44511/1/14 at 2:31ampost #2190 of 44511/1/14 at 3:38amQuote:
In my opinion the bass on the 3's are on par with the the 2's just you don't notice it as much because the 3's are more balanced. Also the 3's are a bit pickier and require more power so to get to the same level as the 2's it takes a bit more finesse if you will.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Bump Fender FXA7 "PRICE DROP!" 17 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Have you blown a headphone ? About tolerances, rated power and... 55 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C200 57 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Request for help - Looking for someone to help me understand the... 1 minute ago
- › 12/4 updated Fostex, AIAIAI, Ultrasone 750, Sol, yamaha, Beats... 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear