- 693 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/18/14 at 3:24am in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
Presentation That's a lovely box it comes in. I'm not being snarky at all; it really is nice. Totally for presentation though, not for transport/portability. Construction The...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images The formula above in the title simply refers to Sound Quality + Build Quality + Perceived Value. ...
So I've had this thing for a bit now... first one to ship into the wild and arrive at its home. I'd say I'm pretty confident I know what this thing sounds like. The interface is classic...
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 146post #2176 of 306212/26/13 at 1:58pmThen you must really like the sound of ETP copper. :P For example, the Audeze stock cable is too lazy and veiled sounding for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2177 of 306212/26/13 at 3:19pmpost #2178 of 306212/26/13 at 4:20pmpost #2179 of 306212/26/13 at 10:30pmI guess it comes down to personal preference as always.
Some might love the stock cable for its mega bass.
I tried the stock a couple of times and kept wanting a little bit more sparkle / air / clarity / details. So I went with a copper / silver hybridpost #2180 of 306212/27/13 at 1:14pm
I wouldn't call it significant but I thought the difference between the stock cable and Q was more than minor, on my system anyway. I didn't expect it (I bought the Q for ergo reasons), but I could instantly hear the difference.post #2181 of 306212/28/13 at 4:28amQuote:
If there is synergy with the cable, it may indeed make a big difference. I am using Toxic Silver Widow and the new budget silver with LCD-X and I love it! It really increases transparency, details and clarity compared to stock.post #2182 of 306212/29/13 at 12:36amQuote:
and I'm a huge evangelist/fan of Audeze - as MANY of you already know.
But, admittedly (and this was only judging from an instinct I had) when I first heard the LCD-2 and 3 I told Alex that I "wish I could hear what these headphones are truly capable of"!
That may sound nuts, but coming from the high end audio 2-channel world, I heard my fair share of snake oil,
and the real deal when it comes to cables...
and I KNEW I could squeeze more performance out of the LCD-3!!
now I own the following for my Audeze cans:
ALO Green Line cables
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 w/ adapter kit
Wywires prototype cable
Double Helix Compliment(2) - which is my favorite pairing thus far, and newest cable of the bunch!
if you can't afford to spend much on cables for your Audeze cans,
go for the ALO Green Line - w/ the adapter kit KILLER for the price!!post #2183 of 306212/30/13 at 9:54ampost #2184 of 306212/30/13 at 10:23ampost #2185 of 306212/30/13 at 10:55amQuote:
Agree. If you can find a good used LCD3 for less than retail, it makes it a bit nicer purchase too.post #2186 of 306212/30/13 at 10:54pmpost #2187 of 306212/31/13 at 12:42ampost #2188 of 306212/31/13 at 11:17ampost #2189 of 30621/1/14 at 2:31ampost #2190 of 30621/1/14 at 3:38amQuote:
In my opinion the bass on the 3's are on par with the the 2's just you don't notice it as much because the 3's are more balanced. Also the 3's are a bit pickier and require more power so to get to the same level as the 2's it takes a bit more finesse if you will.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Grado Fan Club! 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 7/9/2014:... 1 minute ago
- › whats so good about beats headphones? 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › NEW AKM DACs. Anyone have any experience with these new "flagship"... 5 minutes ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 9 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 11 minutes ago
- › Receivers/Integrated/Transports with BEST headphone jack? 12 minutes ago
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)