- 659 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/12/13 at 5:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 9/17/13 at 10:23pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on Today at 10:27 am in High-end Audio Forum
Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images PREAMBLE Brainwavz is a now well established manufacturer of headphones in the value for money...
I bought these headphones a little over a week ago, and thought I should post my impressions. I work in a small office, and sit close to my boss, who is constantly on the phone, so I wanted a...
Sources used: Macbook Pro, iphone 4s, Fiio e10, Schiit Magni, This is a personal Unit: Bought at LMUE for 38USD during pre-sale Burn-in time: I don’t believe in huge differences, but in order...
Note to the Reader This was a demo unit, part of a program organized by Todd the Vinyl Junkie. A big thanks to Todd for his generosity and allowing me a week to fool around with these little...
This is a review and comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A in-ear headphones. http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=28 and http://www.ostry.com.cn/item/detailPage?itemid=29 I get a...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 146post #2176 of 282612/26/13 at 1:58pmThen you must really like the sound of ETP copper. :P For example, the Audeze stock cable is too lazy and veiled sounding for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2177 of 282612/26/13 at 3:19pmpost #2178 of 282612/26/13 at 4:20pmpost #2179 of 282612/26/13 at 10:30pmI guess it comes down to personal preference as always.
Some might love the stock cable for its mega bass.
I tried the stock a couple of times and kept wanting a little bit more sparkle / air / clarity / details. So I went with a copper / silver hybridpost #2180 of 282612/27/13 at 1:14pm
I wouldn't call it significant but I thought the difference between the stock cable and Q was more than minor, on my system anyway. I didn't expect it (I bought the Q for ergo reasons), but I could instantly hear the difference.post #2181 of 282612/28/13 at 4:28amQuote:
If there is synergy with the cable, it may indeed make a big difference. I am using Toxic Silver Widow and the new budget silver with LCD-X and I love it! It really increases transparency, details and clarity compared to stock.post #2182 of 282612/29/13 at 12:36amQuote:
and I'm a huge evangelist/fan of Audeze - as MANY of you already know.
But, admittedly (and this was only judging from an instinct I had) when I first heard the LCD-2 and 3 I told Alex that I "wish I could hear what these headphones are truly capable of"!
That may sound nuts, but coming from the high end audio 2-channel world, I heard my fair share of snake oil,
and the real deal when it comes to cables...
and I KNEW I could squeeze more performance out of the LCD-3!!
now I own the following for my Audeze cans:
ALO Green Line cables
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 w/ adapter kit
Wywires prototype cable
Double Helix Compliment(2) - which is my favorite pairing thus far, and newest cable of the bunch!
if you can't afford to spend much on cables for your Audeze cans,
go for the ALO Green Line - w/ the adapter kit KILLER for the price!!post #2183 of 282612/30/13 at 9:54ampost #2184 of 282612/30/13 at 10:23ampost #2185 of 282612/30/13 at 10:55amQuote:
Agree. If you can find a good used LCD3 for less than retail, it makes it a bit nicer purchase too.post #2186 of 282612/30/13 at 10:54pmpost #2187 of 282612/31/13 at 12:42ampost #2188 of 282612/31/13 at 11:17ampost #2189 of 28261/1/14 at 2:31ampost #2190 of 28261/1/14 at 3:38amQuote:
In my opinion the bass on the 3's are on par with the the 2's just you don't notice it as much because the 3's are more balanced. Also the 3's are a bit pickier and require more power so to get to the same level as the 2's it takes a bit more finesse if you will.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Review and Comparison of the $200 Open-Back Underdogs: The AKG K612... 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for instrumental Celtic music? 3 minutes ago
- › Westone UM3X Removable Cable IEM 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 IEM Headphones Review 8 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 12 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 15 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Brooko
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › beyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphones by Xyrium
- › DacMagic XS USB DAC Headphone Amp by Davidoffdgh
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)