- 715 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: Bucharest, Romania
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on Today at 6:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The ATH-m50 is my first ever headphone, not including the $2 ear-buds of course. Before the m50, I was just listening to ear-buds and didn't have much affection for music reproduction. However,...
I love these. I have BeatsPro, Monster Inspiration and these blow them away! They are super comfortable and I can hear the nuances of all sounds.
These are my go-to set of headphones and I could have them on for 4-5h without fatigue or discomfort. I love the sound signature but understand it's not for everyone. Highs: Clean, detailed,...
Having a V-Moda Crossfade LP2 for a while now and very impressed with its sound quality and comfort as closed-back headphones, I was looking for a set of open-backs for certain genres of music that...
As a budget closed-back set of headphones, I think they are not bad. The treble is rolled off quite a bit, which is not great in regard to clarity, but good in reducing fatigue on long sessions....
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 146post #2176 of 324312/26/13 at 1:58pmThen you must really like the sound of ETP copper. :P For example, the Audeze stock cable is too lazy and veiled sounding for me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2177 of 324312/26/13 at 3:19pmpost #2178 of 324312/26/13 at 4:20pmpost #2179 of 324312/26/13 at 10:30pmI guess it comes down to personal preference as always.
Some might love the stock cable for its mega bass.
I tried the stock a couple of times and kept wanting a little bit more sparkle / air / clarity / details. So I went with a copper / silver hybridpost #2180 of 324312/27/13 at 1:14pm
I wouldn't call it significant but I thought the difference between the stock cable and Q was more than minor, on my system anyway. I didn't expect it (I bought the Q for ergo reasons), but I could instantly hear the difference.post #2181 of 324312/28/13 at 4:28amQuote:
If there is synergy with the cable, it may indeed make a big difference. I am using Toxic Silver Widow and the new budget silver with LCD-X and I love it! It really increases transparency, details and clarity compared to stock.post #2182 of 324312/29/13 at 12:36amQuote:
and I'm a huge evangelist/fan of Audeze - as MANY of you already know.
But, admittedly (and this was only judging from an instinct I had) when I first heard the LCD-2 and 3 I told Alex that I "wish I could hear what these headphones are truly capable of"!
That may sound nuts, but coming from the high end audio 2-channel world, I heard my fair share of snake oil,
and the real deal when it comes to cables...
and I KNEW I could squeeze more performance out of the LCD-3!!
now I own the following for my Audeze cans:
ALO Green Line cables
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 w/ adapter kit
Wywires prototype cable
Double Helix Compliment(2) - which is my favorite pairing thus far, and newest cable of the bunch!
if you can't afford to spend much on cables for your Audeze cans,
go for the ALO Green Line - w/ the adapter kit KILLER for the price!!post #2183 of 324312/30/13 at 9:54ampost #2184 of 324312/30/13 at 10:23ampost #2185 of 324312/30/13 at 10:55amQuote:
Agree. If you can find a good used LCD3 for less than retail, it makes it a bit nicer purchase too.post #2186 of 324312/30/13 at 10:54pmpost #2187 of 324312/31/13 at 12:42ampost #2188 of 324312/31/13 at 11:17ampost #2189 of 32431/1/14 at 2:31ampost #2190 of 32431/1/14 at 3:38amQuote:
In my opinion the bass on the 3's are on par with the the 2's just you don't notice it as much because the 3's are more balanced. Also the 3's are a bit pickier and require more power so to get to the same level as the 2's it takes a bit more finesse if you will.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 11 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone New performance Series: 840, 860 & 880 1 minute ago
- › Official NYC Metro Area "Headphonatics Anonymous" Fall Meet -... 1 minute ago
- › Can a portable Amp Fiio e18 drive a sennheiser HD600, HD650 or a... 2 minutes ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 2 minutes ago
- › VENI-VIDI-VICI! V-MODA's new IEMs - ALTO + FORZA - Crowdsourcing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dutch Headphone Meet 2014 (Germans & Belgians welcome!) 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by alexau123
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by jehovahluvsme
- › V-MODA LP2 by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by M-Techn1k
- › Sony MDR-XD200 Stereo Headphones by M-Techn1k
- › Audio-Technica ATH-ES10 EarSuit Headphones by vincik
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by vincik
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Frank I
- › Viva Egoista Amplifier by Frank I
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)