Yea, it was definitely the mastering, so much clipping! That and the dark tilt, that tends to render the sound of some bands in a way that I am not used to. I've been listening to extra bright Beyers until now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we'll be checking out a micro-driver that's been, for the most part, well-received around the forums. Their small size, low price, and sonic performance have made them a...
Equipment to compare. iFi iDSD Black Label AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen Headphones (returned) Meridian Explorer 2 AMP/DAC (returned) Beyerdynamic A20 Amp (returned) HiFiMan X...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 138post #2056 of 454811/5/13 at 4:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 454811/10/13 at 2:41ampost #2058 of 454811/10/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Does it have to be balanced?post #2059 of 454811/10/13 at 6:26ampost #2060 of 454811/10/13 at 7:42ampost #2061 of 454811/10/13 at 9:06ampost #2062 of 454811/10/13 at 5:19pmThread Starterpost #2063 of 454811/10/13 at 5:22pmpost #2064 of 454811/10/13 at 5:34pmThread Starter
If one's amp is balanced, then you should run it balanced otherwise you're only using 1/2 of the power/circuitry.post #2065 of 454811/11/13 at 1:03am
My opinion with balanced vs. unbalanced is not only the difference in sound volume which is 6db. I tested it with my LCD-3 and BHA-1 switching between these two outputs. With the low and high gain setting you can adjust the volume on the BHA-1 because it is exactly 6db difference. In summary I would say that the balanced setting provide a cleaner overall sound with better air. I never want to go back.post #2066 of 454811/11/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Without a doubt Arminius, this combo offers beautiful synergy. Did you pickup the BDA-2 as well?post #2067 of 454811/11/13 at 11:16pmpost #2068 of 454811/12/13 at 6:08ampost #2069 of 454811/13/13 at 6:01am
Guys, am new here on the forum. First time posting after spending months reading pretty much everything on Audeze gears. I have recently 'upgraded' my LCD 2.2 to LCD3, while I love both, I have to say that there are some magic in the LCD3. I never listen to music for 6+ hours straight and last time was my first time. The RWA Bellina HPA balanced out with the LCD3, I don't know if I can ask for more.... Very happy with them! I guess xmas arrive early this year.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Hello all, looking Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 1 minute ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 6 minutes ago
- › Cardas EM5813 cable reduce mod, Grado GR10e 7 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Best Computer Audio Player Software? 10 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Brainwavz B150 by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear