Yea, it was definitely the mastering, so much clipping! That and the dark tilt, that tends to render the sound of some bands in a way that I am not used to. I've been listening to extra bright Beyers until now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 138post #2056 of 369711/5/13 at 4:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 369711/10/13 at 2:41ampost #2058 of 369711/10/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Does it have to be balanced?post #2059 of 369711/10/13 at 6:26ampost #2060 of 369711/10/13 at 7:42ampost #2061 of 369711/10/13 at 9:06ampost #2062 of 369711/10/13 at 5:19pmThread Starter
Depends on the amp. If the amp is balanced then yes. If not, then no.post #2063 of 369711/10/13 at 5:22pmQuote:
the amp is both, do you mean if the dac is balanced?post #2064 of 369711/10/13 at 5:34pmThread Starter
If one's amp is balanced, then you should run it balanced otherwise you're only using 1/2 of the power/circuitry.post #2065 of 369711/11/13 at 1:03am
My opinion with balanced vs. unbalanced is not only the difference in sound volume which is 6db. I tested it with my LCD-3 and BHA-1 switching between these two outputs. With the low and high gain setting you can adjust the volume on the BHA-1 because it is exactly 6db difference. In summary I would say that the balanced setting provide a cleaner overall sound with better air. I never want to go back.post #2066 of 369711/11/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Without a doubt Arminius, this combo offers beautiful synergy. Did you pickup the BDA-2 as well?post #2067 of 369711/11/13 at 11:16pmpost #2068 of 369711/12/13 at 6:08ampost #2069 of 369711/13/13 at 6:01am
Guys, am new here on the forum. First time posting after spending months reading pretty much everything on Audeze gears. I have recently 'upgraded' my LCD 2.2 to LCD3, while I love both, I have to say that there are some magic in the LCD3. I never listen to music for 6+ hours straight and last time was my first time. The RWA Bellina HPA balanced out with the LCD3, I don't know if I can ask for more.... Very happy with them! I guess xmas arrive early this year.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 9 seconds ago
- › how to mp3s on a home stereo without using a computer...? 28 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 33 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 53 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › Takatsuki Electric TA-300B 1 minute ago
- › Yggdrasil: A (P)review - Two days of paradise 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2