Yea, it was definitely the mastering, so much clipping! That and the dark tilt, that tends to render the sound of some bands in a way that I am not used to. I've been listening to extra bright Beyers until now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD800 or LCD2 - questions about long-term comfort and longevity Last post on 8/22/14 at 12:39am in High-end Audio Forum
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 10/2/14 at 9:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 7/28/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/6/15
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
These are good headphones. I would have preferred a hard carrying case for the headphones, but, when you consider the cost of these cans, the soft carrying bag is acceptable. If you really...
This review is the summary section of Yulong DA8II in-depth review here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/779702/yulong-da8ii-in-depth-review Please visit the above thread for more...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction: Aune Audio has been making affordable audiophile products for quite a while now – They have a number of desktop DACs and amplifiers, and recently made an entry into the...
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 138post #2056 of 404111/5/13 at 4:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 404111/10/13 at 2:41ampost #2058 of 404111/10/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Does it have to be balanced?post #2059 of 404111/10/13 at 6:26ampost #2060 of 404111/10/13 at 7:42ampost #2061 of 404111/10/13 at 9:06ampost #2062 of 404111/10/13 at 5:19pmThread Starter
Depends on the amp. If the amp is balanced then yes. If not, then no.post #2063 of 404111/10/13 at 5:22pmQuote:
the amp is both, do you mean if the dac is balanced?post #2064 of 404111/10/13 at 5:34pmThread Starter
If one's amp is balanced, then you should run it balanced otherwise you're only using 1/2 of the power/circuitry.post #2065 of 404111/11/13 at 1:03am
My opinion with balanced vs. unbalanced is not only the difference in sound volume which is 6db. I tested it with my LCD-3 and BHA-1 switching between these two outputs. With the low and high gain setting you can adjust the volume on the BHA-1 because it is exactly 6db difference. In summary I would say that the balanced setting provide a cleaner overall sound with better air. I never want to go back.post #2066 of 404111/11/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Without a doubt Arminius, this combo offers beautiful synergy. Did you pickup the BDA-2 as well?post #2067 of 404111/11/13 at 11:16pmpost #2068 of 404111/12/13 at 6:08ampost #2069 of 404111/13/13 at 6:01am
Guys, am new here on the forum. First time posting after spending months reading pretty much everything on Audeze gears. I have recently 'upgraded' my LCD 2.2 to LCD3, while I love both, I have to say that there are some magic in the LCD3. I never listen to music for 6+ hours straight and last time was my first time. The RWA Bellina HPA balanced out with the LCD3, I don't know if I can ask for more.... Very happy with them! I guess xmas arrive early this year.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K501 love... 3 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 5 minutes ago
- › New(?) Bose Soundtrue Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier black by avitron142
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2