Yea, it was definitely the mastering, so much clipping! That and the dark tilt, that tends to render the sound of some bands in a way that I am not used to. I've been listening to extra bright Beyers until now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 138post #2056 of 445311/5/13 at 4:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 445311/10/13 at 2:41ampost #2058 of 445311/10/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Does it have to be balanced?post #2059 of 445311/10/13 at 6:26ampost #2060 of 445311/10/13 at 7:42ampost #2061 of 445311/10/13 at 9:06ampost #2062 of 445311/10/13 at 5:19pmThread Starterpost #2063 of 445311/10/13 at 5:22pmpost #2064 of 445311/10/13 at 5:34pmThread Starter
If one's amp is balanced, then you should run it balanced otherwise you're only using 1/2 of the power/circuitry.post #2065 of 445311/11/13 at 1:03am
My opinion with balanced vs. unbalanced is not only the difference in sound volume which is 6db. I tested it with my LCD-3 and BHA-1 switching between these two outputs. With the low and high gain setting you can adjust the volume on the BHA-1 because it is exactly 6db difference. In summary I would say that the balanced setting provide a cleaner overall sound with better air. I never want to go back.post #2066 of 445311/11/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Without a doubt Arminius, this combo offers beautiful synergy. Did you pickup the BDA-2 as well?post #2067 of 445311/11/13 at 11:16pmpost #2068 of 445311/12/13 at 6:08ampost #2069 of 445311/13/13 at 6:01am
Guys, am new here on the forum. First time posting after spending months reading pretty much everything on Audeze gears. I have recently 'upgraded' my LCD 2.2 to LCD3, while I love both, I have to say that there are some magic in the LCD3. I never listen to music for 6+ hours straight and last time was my first time. The RWA Bellina HPA balanced out with the LCD3, I don't know if I can ask for more.... Very happy with them! I guess xmas arrive early this year.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Grado Fan Club! 23 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi Multibit - Like new [230V version] 30 seconds ago
- › Stax SRM-006t (2x Pro Bias, 1x Normal Bias) + RCA Clear Tops 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 3 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear