Yea, it was definitely the mastering, so much clipping! That and the dark tilt, that tends to render the sound of some bands in a way that I am not used to. I've been listening to extra bright Beyers until now.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
I saw an article that showed the sound output of the 518 vs the 558 and 598. I was amazed to see that the sound signature for each headphone was practically identical. So I decided to take a shot a...
With the revolve Kingston stepped away from the great design of the original Clouds and decided to go in a new (more gamey) design direction. According to my source at Kingston one of the goals was...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 138post #2056 of 444711/5/13 at 4:06pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2057 of 444711/10/13 at 2:41ampost #2058 of 444711/10/13 at 6:14amQuote:
Does it have to be balanced?post #2059 of 444711/10/13 at 6:26ampost #2060 of 444711/10/13 at 7:42ampost #2061 of 444711/10/13 at 9:06ampost #2062 of 444711/10/13 at 5:19pmThread Starterpost #2063 of 444711/10/13 at 5:22pmpost #2064 of 444711/10/13 at 5:34pmThread Starter
If one's amp is balanced, then you should run it balanced otherwise you're only using 1/2 of the power/circuitry.post #2065 of 444711/11/13 at 1:03am
My opinion with balanced vs. unbalanced is not only the difference in sound volume which is 6db. I tested it with my LCD-3 and BHA-1 switching between these two outputs. With the low and high gain setting you can adjust the volume on the BHA-1 because it is exactly 6db difference. In summary I would say that the balanced setting provide a cleaner overall sound with better air. I never want to go back.post #2066 of 444711/11/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Without a doubt Arminius, this combo offers beautiful synergy. Did you pickup the BDA-2 as well?post #2067 of 444711/11/13 at 11:16pmpost #2068 of 444711/12/13 at 6:08ampost #2069 of 444711/13/13 at 6:01am
Guys, am new here on the forum. First time posting after spending months reading pretty much everything on Audeze gears. I have recently 'upgraded' my LCD 2.2 to LCD3, while I love both, I have to say that there are some magic in the LCD3. I never listen to music for 6+ hours straight and last time was my first time. The RWA Bellina HPA balanced out with the LCD3, I don't know if I can ask for more.... Very happy with them! I guess xmas arrive early this year.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 (Wireless Noise Cancelling On-Ear... 1 minute ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 2 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 3 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 vs Sony MDR 1000X? Help! 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 IEM 5 minutes ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 7 minutes ago
- › SPL Phonitor X / Phonitor E impressions and TOUR sign up 8 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 9 minutes ago
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Astell&Kern JH Audio Siren Series Michelle by MrOTL
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear