Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 133

post #1981 of 3348

LCD-X and XC was designed to fill in the gap between the LCD2 and 3 price wise not sound wise. Both headphones have gone to a different direction the LCD2 and 3's sound are at. The true successor is the LCD4 (possible model number change close to release time) is slated for next year but can be pushed to Q1 of 2015, it's a matter of being ready for Audeze, only then time will tell.

post #1982 of 3348

is LCD-4/new flagship for audeze confirmed to be in development? cause then i'll just keep  using LCD-3 rather than buying LCD-X and wait.

post #1983 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post
 

is LCD-4/new flagship for audeze confirmed to be in development? cause then i'll just keep  using LCD-3 rather than buying LCD-X and wait.

 

+1,  I'd like more spaciousness and breath from the LCD-3, if the LCD-4 happens to be superior in various aspects, I'll end up selling the LCD-3 for it xp

post #1984 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post
 

LCD-X and XC was designed to fill in the gap between the LCD2 and 3 price wise not sound wise. Both headphones have gone to a different direction the LCD2 and 3's sound are at. The true successor is the LCD4 (possible model number change close to release time) is slated for next year but can be pushed to Q1 of 2015, it's a matter of being ready for Audeze, only then time will tell.

 

What's your source for this information?

post #1985 of 3348

I think DefQon is just speculating about the LCD-4's given Audeze's release dates in the past.

post #1986 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

LCD-4's coming out next year.

Yea, in January. :veryevil:

post #1987 of 3348

I doubt LCD-4 is coming. Remember we are talking about high-end audio by a headphone boutique firm, so a new entry may be available more likely in 2-3 years.

post #1988 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post
 

I doubt LCD-4 is coming. Remember we are talking about high-end audio by a headphone boutique firm, so a new entry may be available more likely in 2-3 years.

Don't know that for sure, considering they just had a break through with these new drivers which some seem to like very much, some better than LCD-3.

 

Consider the fact that Audeze started in 2008 and what these guys achieved in such short time. Sennheiser has been out of the picture for a long time after HD800 for example, BeyerDynamic after T1, Grado, etc (and how many years of experience these companies have).

 

Audeze sure doesn't move / act like a boutique firm. It seems the others started investing more in marketing & sales instead of research & development and I don't respect that very much.


Edited by dan.gheorghe - 10/15/13 at 11:18am
post #1989 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post

 

Audeze sure doesn't move / act like a boutique firm. It seems the others started investing more in marketing & sales instead of research & development and I don't respect that very much.

Audeze is heavily involved in marketing, just take a look around ;) Obviously not on the level of Sennheiser but they have been doing it. This innovation is probably more to do with streamlining the production of drivers, but I do hope that they are stable compared to the previous failing drivers of the LCD-3.

post #1990 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post

Audeze is heavily involved in marketing, just take a look around wink.gif Obviously not on the level of Sennheiser but they have been doing it. This innovation is probably more to do with streamlining the production of drivers, but I do hope that they are stable compared to the previous failing drivers of the LCD-3.

Hey, don't get the first batch, don't be a tester.
Then again, that's easy to say when there is no "buy now" button.

LCD-X is the first product with the new drivers, if they are good, then they'll deploy the big dog.
post #1991 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiont View Post

Then again, that's easy to say when there is no "buy now" button.

 

Ah but there is.  X and XC went up for sale when RMAF was still going.

post #1992 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeskd View Post
 

Audeze is heavily involved in marketing, just take a look around ;) Obviously not on the level of Sennheiser but they have been doing it. This innovation is probably more to do with streamlining the production of drivers, but I do hope that they are stable compared to the previous failing drivers of the LCD-3.

 

They have marketing, of course, but I don't think they put most of their strength in marketing. They seem to me that they are more involved into R&D than others.

post #1993 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan.gheorghe View Post
 

 

They have marketing, of course, but I don't think they put most of their strength in marketing. They seem to me that they are more involved into R&D than others.

 

They don't need to invest so much in marketing because hype trains do that for them, just like Five Guys burgers. Senn is a large corporation with much more capital and costs than Audeze, not to mention much more variety in products, so it's inevitable that Senn must spend more in marketing.

post #1994 of 3348
I have been battling between buying the LCD-3 or the LCD-X for a couple of weeks now. I'd already paid upfront for the LCD-3 but put the order on hold until RMAF was over. I've been reading every single related comment and impression about the LCD-X and trying to absorb as much information as I can about both headphones, to the point where I feel my head's going to explode.
Well I've decided that with my limited experience in this area, and not being able to demo either headphone, any difference(s) between them will make little impact on me.
What I mean by that is that I think I will be blown away by the sound quality of either one of these headphones. And I think the subtle differences between the sound characteristics between the two, will probably go unnoticed to my untrained ears.
Therefore I have just emailed my dealer to go ahead with my original order for the LCD-3! There! Phew! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Now I'm just looking forward to receiving them and starting to enjoy my music. No more worrying and no more stress.
And hopefully the following month I will join these up with a Burson Conductor.

One happy chappy biggrin.gif

Shaka
post #1995 of 3348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka View Post

I have been battling between buying the LCD-3 or the LCD-X for a couple of weeks now. I'd already paid upfront for the LCD-3 but put the order on hold until RMAF was over. I've been reading every single related comment and impression about the LCD-X and trying to absorb as much information as I can about both headphones, to the point where I feel my head's going to explode.
Well I've decided that with my limited experience in this area, and not being able to demo either headphone, any difference(s) between them will make little impact on me.
What I mean by that is that I think I will be blown away by the sound quality of either one of these headphones. And I think the subtle differences between the sound characteristics between the two, will probably go unnoticed to my untrained ears.
Therefore I have just emailed my dealer to go ahead with my original order for the LCD-3! There! Phew! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
Now I'm just looking forward to receiving them and starting to enjoy my music. No more worrying and no more stress.
And hopefully the following month I will join these up with a Burson Conductor.

One happy chappy biggrin.gif

Shaka

Congrats man.  Trust me when I say you will not be disapointed.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread