Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 14

post #196 of 2869

Add me to the club. Now the proud owner of HD800's, HE-6 and LCD-3's. Not sure what to think!

1000

post #197 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

Add me to the club. Now the proud owner of HD800's, HE-6 and LCD-3's. Not sure what to think!

How does that shiit setup handle those cans?
post #198 of 2869

I am disappointed, the HE-6 sounds much better than the lcd-3 on the mojo/gung combo. In fact, I have a feeling my LCD-3's are veiled, but they're rma's... Any input to help me out?

post #199 of 2869

HD800 and LCD-3 are ying-yang.  Not many love both so its not surprising that you prefer the HE-6.

 

 

post #200 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

I am disappointed, the HE-6 sounds much better than the lcd-3 on the mojo/gung combo. In fact, I have a feeling my LCD-3's are veiled, but they're rma's... Any input to help me out?

Hmm I never got that impression from the LCD 3s. I found them to be lush and powerful. I think maybe comparing them to the hd800 and he 6s is giving you a different perspective. I'm not familiar with mojo at all. I thought they only made vintage guitar amps.

Are he 6s known for being bright?

My lcd3s blow the HD 800s out of the water in my opinion. They are much more fun and realistic.

Have you tried them on any oter setup?
post #201 of 2869
Just had a session with the LCD 3s after a few days with the HD 800s and I think the pronounced low end is what you're thinking is creating a "veil". I've always heard that ss amps were better for LCDs but with my tube amp I can match the best tubes for each can.
post #202 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post

Just had a session with the LCD 3s after a few days with the HD 800s and I think the pronounced low end is what you're thinking is creating a "veil". I've always heard that ss amps were better for LCDs but with my tube amp I can match the best tubes for each can.

The mojo is the mjolnir, sorry for not being clear. So far I've heard them on the mjolnir and the bha-1 the most extensively. Also had the chance to hear on the b22, ef-6, wa22, wa2, S7. I think in every case I preferred the HE-6 and HD800, but on the bryston it was really impressive. Maybe it's my young ears? We're 5 guys around the age of 19-23 who unanimously agreed on the HE-6 sounding more balanced and resolved, and 3 of us own the HE-6 since.

post #203 of 2869

Young ears would prefer the LCD-3, young wallets would be more accustom to HE-6 balance ;)

post #204 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

The mojo is the mjolnir, sorry for not being clear. So far I've heard them on the mjolnir and the bha-1 the most extensively. Also had the chance to hear on the b22, ef-6, wa22, wa2, S7. I think in every case I preferred the HE-6 and HD800, but on the bryston it was really impressive. Maybe it's my young ears? We're 5 guys around the age of 19-23 who unanimously agreed on the HE-6 sounding more balanced and resolved, and 3 of us own the HE-6 since.

Looks like a pair of he 6s are in my future. Have you heard the edition 10s yet?

What kind of music do you listen to and what's your source?
post #205 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawdawg3234 View Post


Looks like a pair of he 6s are in my future. Have you heard the edition 10s yet?
What kind of music do you listen to and what's your source?

I have had the ED.8 for a few weeks so I don't plan on getting another ultrasone unfortunately. I have 89000 songs, mainly lossless that I've traded with head-fiers and audiophile friends over the years; I listen to absolutely everything except most country and modern rap.

 

Right now I'm using the Mjolnir/Gungnir, running with DHC nucleotide xlr interconnects, tellurium Q usb (audible difference, yes), NRG-2 power cords, and the HD800 w/Q cable or nucleotide, HE-6 with nucleotide/ stock or LCD-3 with nucleotide.

 

I will be seeing a friend with lcd-3's and compare our pairs, he's also using Q cables. From what I was told, the lcd-3's respond a lot to different cables, and I am familiar with Q; so I'm looking forward to hearing a difference.

 

I'll let you guys know, most likely next friday but maybe sooner.

 

Also, I have to add again that the synergy with the BHA-1 for the LCD-3 was better than with the mojo, and the HE-6 seems to take a step up with the mjolnir; but I traded the bha-1and cash for the LCD-3 redface.gif

 

Dan


Edited by dleblanc343 - 11/16/12 at 5:52pm
post #206 of 2869
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

I have had the ED.8 for a few weeks so I don't plan on getting another ultrasone unfortunately. I have 89000 songs, mainly lossless that I've traded with head-fiers and audiophile friends over the years; I listen to absolutely everything except most country and modern rap.

 

Right now I'm using the Mjolnir/Gungnir, running with DHC nucleotide xlr interconnects, tellurium Q usb (audible difference, yes), NRG-2 power cords, and the HD800 w/Q cable or nucleotide, HE-6 with nucleotide/ stock or LCD-3 with nucleotide.

 

I will be seeing a friend with lcd-3's and compare our pairs, he's also using Q cables. From what I was told, the lcd-3's respond a lot to different cables, and I am familiar with Q; so I'm looking forward to hearing a difference.

 

I'll let you guys know, most likely next friday but maybe sooner.

 

Also, I have to add again that the synergy with the BHA-1 for the LCD-3 was better than with the mojo, and the HE-6 seems to take a step up with the mjolnir; but I traded the bha-1and cash for the LCD-3 redface.gif

 

Dan

 

I sold my HE-6s off a few months after my LCD-3s arrived. Technically I found that the LCD-3s bested them in pretty much every category except cost. Don't get me wrong, I still hold the HE-6s in high regard and consider them one of the best cans one can own.

 

Give them about 100 hours of burn in too. Have you ever heard the LCD-2s? Coming from the HD800 and HE-6s, the LCD-3s are a BIG change of pace.


Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/16/12 at 6:21pm
post #207 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacedonianHero View Post

 

I sold my HE-6s off a few months after my LCD-3s arrived. Technically I found that the LCD-3s bested them in pretty much every category except cost. Don't get me wrong, I still hold the HE-6s in high regard and consider them one of the best cans one can own.

 

Give them about 100 hours of burn in too. Have you ever heard the LCD-2s? Coming from the HD800 and HE-6s, the LCD-3s are a BIG change of pace.

 

 

Aw man Peter...  We seem to disagree on this one.  

post #208 of 2869
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

Aw man Peter...  We seem to disagree on this one.  

 

Hey, this is the LCD-3 Appreciation thread. tongue.gif


Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/16/12 at 6:37pm
post #209 of 2869
As much as I wanted to believe the lcd3 was the better headphone, I truly think the HE6 out of a speaker amp is a class above both my HD800 and LCD3. I will most likely fund a good speaker amp with the lcd3. The lcd3 are RMA'd and have easily over 500 hours from the previous owner; and guess what he kept over them? tongue.gif

Maybe something is wrong, but i dont think so, they do come close to the HE6, and have more depth than them for one (and obviously a more textured bass)

I'll try compare on a dynanhi, gs-x and a eximus in the upcoming days and let you guys know what i think
post #210 of 2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleblanc343 View Post

As much as I wanted to believe the lcd3 was the better headphone, I truly think the HE6 out of a speaker amp is a class above both my HD800 and LCD3. I will most likely fund a good speaker amp with the lcd3. The lcd3 are RMA'd and have easily over 500 hours from the previous owner; and guess what he kept over them? tongue.gif
Maybe something is wrong, but i dont think so, they do come close to the HE6, and have more depth than them for one (and obviously a more textured bass)
I'll try compare on a dynanhi, gs-x and a eximus in the upcoming days and let you guys know what i think

It's ok to have a favorite headphone. I still prefer my Ed 10s over everything else. There's just something about them that I love.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread