For copper there is only one choice, often imitated, never duplicated Q =)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
Introduction Reviewer Introduction Product Introduction Technical Specifications Sound Quality Signature Overview Sound...
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 127post #1891 of 456010/8/13 at 2:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 456010/8/13 at 2:41pmpost #1893 of 456010/8/13 at 2:42pmQuote:
If you go copper, may be worthwhile to consider Toxic Cables Venom. Still all the bass, but less of that copper mellowness.
I have heard the Black Widows, but not heard the Venom. This is based on my experience with similar materials for a different headphone model.
Edited by negura - 10/8/13 at 2:44pmpost #1894 of 456010/8/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
If you want the best of both worlds go with silver plated copper.post #1895 of 456010/8/13 at 5:50pm
The Cu kind? Build wise it's a 220 fine strand litz in silk dieletric wrapped in a silk sheath then braided. You can wrap it on your little finger. Great sound and great ergonomics. I would never go back to heavy stiff cables again. I have literally ordered 8 or so of these so far. Never disappoints. And no monster delay either :Ppost #1896 of 456010/8/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
The Cu kind? Build wise it's a 220 fine strand litz in silk dieletric wrapped in a silk sheath then braided. You can wrap it on your little finger. Great sound and great ergonomics. I would never go back to heavy stiff cables again. I have literally ordered 8 or so of these so far. Never disappoints. And no monster delay either :P
And we can get this where.. ? :)
I am not fond of big stiff cables...post #1897 of 456010/8/13 at 6:08pmpost #1898 of 456010/8/13 at 6:22pmI also prefer the silver plated copper over stock.
I think my Norse Reign 24 with my Jul 2013 batch LCD3 brings me a good balance between deep punchy bass and superb transparency and sound stage with good treble response. With this cable I don't feel I am losing much of the top end vs my HD800 while having much more impactful bass.
Plus it is beautifully made with matching zebrawood divider.post #1899 of 456010/8/13 at 6:50pmpost #1900 of 456010/8/13 at 6:52pmpost #1901 of 456010/8/13 at 9:14pmQuote:
I don't know about the other person for whom your post was intended but I just ordered one for my LCD 3.post #1902 of 456010/8/13 at 9:33pmpost #1903 of 456010/8/13 at 11:20pmQuote:I want the mellownessQuote:I have SPC right nowQuote:I would never buy Q since it's made from ETP copper which is worse than the one in the stock cable.Originally Posted by Solude
The Cu kind? Build wise it's a 220 fine strand litz in silk dieletric wrapped in a silk sheath then braided. You can wrap it on your little finger. Great sound and great ergonomics. I would never go back to heavy stiff cables again. I have literally ordered 8 or so of these so far. Never disappoints. And no monster delay either :Ppost #1904 of 456010/9/13 at 12:07ampost #1905 of 456010/9/13 at 2:57amQuote:
Your loss. ETP isn't annealed, Q is... can't be ETP. It isn't OCC though.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Shure SE846 or Ultimate Ears UE11? 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Announces New Quad Driver IEM @ CES 2017 5 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 5 minutes ago
- › Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016. 6 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 7 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 7 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear