For copper there is only one choice, often imitated, never duplicated Q =)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
Hifiman MegaMini Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Hifiman and Campfire Audio Vega Hifiman MegaMini...
I recently received the JLab Epic2 Bluetooth headphones for review. Some of the new features of the Epic2 are the upgrade from ipx4 to ipx5 to improve resistance to sweat and water. They have...
It would of gotten a 5 star rating, if it wasn't so expensive. So I got to listen to the MOJO yesterday through the JVC SZ1000. Total different animal of an amp. Nice clean subbass, while...
BRAVO ERIB-2A EARPHONE PLANAR UNIVERSAL IN-EAR MONITOR TAKES LISTENING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. oBravo is a company founded in 2006 and located in Taiwan have made air-motion technology a...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 127post #1891 of 445110/8/13 at 2:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1892 of 445110/8/13 at 2:41pmpost #1893 of 445110/8/13 at 2:42pmQuote:
If you go copper, may be worthwhile to consider Toxic Cables Venom. Still all the bass, but less of that copper mellowness.
I have heard the Black Widows, but not heard the Venom. This is based on my experience with similar materials for a different headphone model.
Edited by negura - 10/8/13 at 2:44pmpost #1894 of 445110/8/13 at 4:43pmQuote:
If you want the best of both worlds go with silver plated copper.post #1895 of 445110/8/13 at 5:50pm
The Cu kind? Build wise it's a 220 fine strand litz in silk dieletric wrapped in a silk sheath then braided. You can wrap it on your little finger. Great sound and great ergonomics. I would never go back to heavy stiff cables again. I have literally ordered 8 or so of these so far. Never disappoints. And no monster delay either :Ppost #1896 of 445110/8/13 at 5:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by Solude
The Cu kind? Build wise it's a 220 fine strand litz in silk dieletric wrapped in a silk sheath then braided. You can wrap it on your little finger. Great sound and great ergonomics. I would never go back to heavy stiff cables again. I have literally ordered 8 or so of these so far. Never disappoints. And no monster delay either :P
And we can get this where.. ? :)
I am not fond of big stiff cables...post #1897 of 445110/8/13 at 6:08pmpost #1898 of 445110/8/13 at 6:22pmI also prefer the silver plated copper over stock.
I think my Norse Reign 24 with my Jul 2013 batch LCD3 brings me a good balance between deep punchy bass and superb transparency and sound stage with good treble response. With this cable I don't feel I am losing much of the top end vs my HD800 while having much more impactful bass.
Plus it is beautifully made with matching zebrawood divider.post #1899 of 445110/8/13 at 6:50pmpost #1900 of 445110/8/13 at 6:52pmpost #1901 of 445110/8/13 at 9:14pmQuote:
I don't know about the other person for whom your post was intended but I just ordered one for my LCD 3.post #1902 of 445110/8/13 at 9:33pmpost #1903 of 445110/8/13 at 11:20pmQuote:I want the mellownessQuote:I have SPC right nowQuote:I would never buy Q since it's made from ETP copper which is worse than the one in the stock cable.Originally Posted by Solude
The Cu kind? Build wise it's a 220 fine strand litz in silk dieletric wrapped in a silk sheath then braided. You can wrap it on your little finger. Great sound and great ergonomics. I would never go back to heavy stiff cables again. I have literally ordered 8 or so of these so far. Never disappoints. And no monster delay either :Ppost #1904 of 445110/9/13 at 12:07ampost #1905 of 445110/9/13 at 2:57amQuote:
Your loss. ETP isn't annealed, Q is... can't be ETP. It isn't OCC though.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › Lets Talk Metal 50 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 56 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › New HTC 10--Audio Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing SERA by Vibro Labs 6 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by UncleGamer
- › HyperX Cloud Revolver Multi-platform E-Sports Gaming Wire Headset... by UncleGamer
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by HiFiChris
- › Vibro Labs Sera triple armature in-ear monitors by sq3rjick
- › Meze 12 Classics by Mightygrey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear