You people enjoyed them enough, tomorrow is my turn.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Anyone found their headphone nirvana yet? Last post on 9/25/15 at 9:25am in High-end Audio Forum
- The best headphones i can buy! ( money is no issue) Last post on 6/14/14 at 6:13am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread - Page 126post #1876 of 445710/8/13 at 8:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1877 of 445710/8/13 at 9:51amI did not prefer the copper or hybrid cables with the Lcd3s. You gain some bass but lose air, detail, soundstage and treble spark. The lcd3s need the latter more. Tough luck I know.post #1878 of 445710/8/13 at 9:52ampost #1879 of 445710/8/13 at 10:29amQuote:
You have to love LCD3 for what it is not for what you want it to be :Dpost #1880 of 445710/8/13 at 10:33ampost #1881 of 445710/8/13 at 10:34ampost #1882 of 445710/8/13 at 11:44ampost #1883 of 445710/8/13 at 11:48amQuote:
Sure, that's what I always do. Through burn-in & until tweak time. The closest hybrid cable to my preference was the Toxic Cables Virus, half copper half silver. Interesting, but still didn't do it. I preferred the Silver Widows. Black Widow - no. :)
The same with the LCD-2s.Quote:
Grats. You'll love them, I'm sure. Would be good to post your graph if they're the 2013 model.
Edited by negura - 10/8/13 at 11:50ampost #1884 of 445710/8/13 at 12:17pmpost #1885 of 445710/8/13 at 1:10pmQuote:
Congrats man! They will sure be! May they bring you a lot of joy!post #1886 of 445710/8/13 at 1:16pmpost #1887 of 445710/8/13 at 1:22pmSilver should take MUCH longer than copper to burn in. Once it is fully cooked it should have its body and bass back just as much as copper at 100 hours. The only difference then would be the treble sparkle and slight clarity.post #1888 of 445710/8/13 at 1:38pmQuote:Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it :Ppost #1889 of 445710/8/13 at 2:11pm
Sounds like copper is the way to go :) Which cables would be the alternatives to choose from then?
I've had mine for little under a week. Had a four hour session last night. Pure bliss I tell ya :)post #1890 of 445710/8/13 at 2:28pmI'm thinking of trying a Moon Audio Black Dragon or a Toxic Black Widow.
Don't know if copper is the best option but I would like to try. Silver seems to take away bass. Will do some testing with dan when we get some time.
- Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 39 seconds ago
- › Holiday Special 51 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄ ★☆ 52 seconds ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget dual mono... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 3 minutes ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear